*** Alien: Covenant ***

Soldato
I want this to be great so badly but found Prometheus script and plot holes so bad that i'm taking everything that looks good with a pinch of salt! I hope I am wrong though and Scott is back on form.

Soldato
Just spotted they are doing an Alien Superticket, you get to see Alien in the cinema on April 26th and also get to see Covenant a day early, not bad for £20 especially as I'd love to see the original Alien on the big screen!

Caporegime
Poster looks like Engineers getting gang raped by Aliens, just wonder if the Engineer story will go ahead in some form or if it's been dumped.

Associate
Poster looks like Engineers getting gang raped by Aliens, just wonder if the Engineer story will go ahead in some form or if it's been dumped.

Some new images in the new Empire show part of the Engineers story... an interesting pic of their city too.

I'm really looking forward to this now.

Soldato
Those photos in the latest Empire magazine have me worried.

It seems a lot of the mystery in the Alien series is about to be shattered with Covenant. I'm worried this movie is going to answer too much, sometimes mystery and not knowing is just as important.

They've 'humanised' the engineer race.

Associate
sometimes mystery and not knowing is just as important.

This is true... its fine wanting to know, its our nature, but the reveal never lives up to the mystery. Those images give a lot away in my mind, although I could be wrong about what they represent, and therefore I do want to find out... I always wanted to know more about the 'space jockey' and now we do. Whatever vague notions I had about it were in many ways far more powerful than the facts, so I am torn about delving deeper.

The image of the Engineers do make them look more human than more otherworldly look they had in Prometheus.

Associate
As much as I love the Alien movies (well, just the first two). How many times can you make a movie about an alien running around, killing everyone and/or throwing face huggers at them, without repeating the same thing over and over.

Back
Top Bottom