Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

You know the recent Nvidia announcement that they are doing away with the gsync module and partnering with mediatek, reading this article I had the thought that maybe they are suggesting that the gsync features could be brought to pre existing monitors with the Mediatek MT9810 chip or that it is only for new monitors moving forward?

This article seems to suggest that the
AW3225QF has a Mediatek MT9810 chip already so maybe the gsync features will be back ported??

Last edited:
You know the recent Nvidia announcement that they are doing away with the gsync module and partnering with mediatek, reading this article I had the thought that maybe they are suggesting that the gsync features could be brought to pre existing monitors with the Mediatek MT9810 chip or that it is only for new monitors moving forward?

This article seems to suggest that the
AW3225QF has a Mediatek MT9810 chip already so maybe the gsync features will be back ported??

Fingers crossed but I highly doubt it!

Has anyone bought one and regretted it?

Primarily work use (on a windows 11 laptop that i can't install any extra software), but also love a bit of CS2 so the 240hz is attractive (and i don't mind running in non-native resolution).

I can get it for £701 currently with a discount code and amex cashback....

Coming from an LG 27" 1440p 144hz IPS.

Last edited:
Would your work benefit from using this display? If not then I'd say no.
This display specifically no, a larger display yes.

It's a shame there are no high refresh rate mini LEDs coming through, OLED just doesn't look suitable for office use yet from looking at the burn in tests. I don't have any intention of swapping monitors every few years, I usually get 5 years at least from a monitor and then still have some value to sell it on, whereas OLED still does not look capable of achieving that if you spend a lot of time in excel etc :(

This display specifically no, a larger display yes.

It's a shame there are no high refresh rate mini LEDs coming through, OLED just doesn't look suitable for office use yet from looking at the burn in tests. I don't have any intention of swapping monitors every few years, I usually get 5 years at least from a monitor and then still have some value to sell it on, whereas OLED still does not look capable of achieving that if you spend a lot of time in excel etc :(

Yea these are probably not good for productivity. It's a gaming monitor at the end of the day plus the oled burn in issue.

Last edited:
My order is in. It arrives on Friday :D

Worked out £691.09 thanks to making a tenner saving from dlockers voucher and using Amex £100 cashback.

I also used topcashback which paid out last two times I got monitors from Dell so might get some more cashback coming my way in the future.

All in all sweet deal. **** opethdisciple's dodgy monitor. Got me a brand new one! :p:D

Back
Top Bottom