Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Could not handle the potato resolution any longer. I mean even mrk and Nexus aka the ultrawide is life boys kept the 4K monitor over it. All you need to know really :D

Could not handle the potato resolution any longer. I mean even mrk and Nexus aka the ultrawide is life boys kept the 4K monitor over it. All you need to know really :D

Not really for 4k reasons though :p DLDSR was nearly as good as native 4k imho. Main reasons were because bigger screen area and 240hz being noticeable, of course 4k is nice but would have no problems going back to 1440 tbh

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Not really for 4k reasons though :p DLDSR was nearly as good as native 4k imho. Main reasons were because bigger screen area and 240hz being noticeable, of course 4k is nice but would have no problems going back to 1440 tbh

No chance. Never going back to 1440p. Did it once and that was because I went oled. Never again! :p

To be honest the two things I haven't noticed much coming from 144hz and 1440p is the 4k resolution and 240hz.

Neither have seemed that big of a jump to me.
So neither the increased resolution or the refresh rate have made a difference... And you haven't used HDR.

Sounds like it was a good upgrade to me!

• Haha
So neither the increased resolution or the refresh rate have made a difference... And you haven't used HDR.

Sounds like it was a good upgrade to me!

Yeah :cry:

Opethdisciple does surprise me. Not sure but I think he had a crappy TN monitor before? Should have been a mahoosive upgrade!

People went from a the Alienware 34" Ultrawide QD-OLED to this monitor and noticed a big enough difference to want to keep it. And that was like one of the best monitors out there for a while.

Neither have seemed that big of a jump to me.
giphy.gif

:D

Last edited:
  • Haha
Very nice if so! Any chance you can ask Alienware regarding this @Baddass and if they have any plans for further integration?

Might be quite the scoop for the sake of an email...
We checked this with NVIDIA and confirmed that while in theory it could be possible, it would require development and testing as each screen is carefully configured in collaboration with the display manufacturer. It's not as simple as just enabling things on the scaler i'm afraid. There's no plans to retrospectively add G-sync features to existing screens that may use the MK9810 scaler already I'm told, and it's likely to be costly for manufacturers to do that as well. I think it's even less likely on OLED panels where very few of the G-sync features would actually be available of relevant (only really G-sync VRR and maybe Reflex Latency Analyzer. Pulsar, Variable Overdrive and ULMB 2 are not possible on an OLED in their current form as they're designed for LCD's)

Back
Top Bottom