Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Not played in a long time and nothing else to play atm and also curious to see how it looked on this panel. It's just until something new comes out but alas, the problem is always going to be there in those kind of conditions i.e. anything dark, grey scale like with fps below 100 it seems. I think I have noticed it in most games now but this one is by far the worse yet to the point, I had to quit the game as it lasts for that entire misison so far.....

Yeah man. That video looks terrible. I would not want to play it like that either tbh.

My solution would be reduce to 120hz or turn of vrr for that said game. Not a issue for me as long as it is once in a blue moon.

100%. You won't easily get that kind of money for it ever again.

How often are you exactly having flicker issues?

Depends on the game. Anything where there is any dark scenes, uniform grey/dark scenes and fps below 100 so if a scene like that is only on screen for say a minute, fine, can deal with it but if like that mission in tlou where it lasts a while or/and the whole game is like that, well, big fat meh, I won't be playing the game then.

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Just booted into windows and i had vertical lines going up my monitor. Turning it off/on didnt help and rebooting windows didnt help. I ran a pixel refresh and its fixed it. Should i be worried?

Depends on the game. Anything where there is any dark scenes, uniform grey/dark scenes and fps below 100 so if a scene like that is only on screen for say a minute, fine, can deal with it but if like that mission in tlou where it lasts a while or/and the whole game is like that, well, big fat meh, I won't be playing the game then.

Dude, why are you letting mrk influence you like that?

He would say he won't play a game if wrong as pect ratio or would not bother enabling DLDSR or turn on hdr. Lol

Just stick it on 120 or 144hz if that is an option. Job done. Wtf :cry:

Just booted into windows and i had vertical lines going up my monitor. Turning it off/on didnt help and rebooting windows didnt help. I ran a pixel refresh and its fixed it. Should i be worried?

Not really. Next day replacement from Dell. Why worry?

Dude, why are you letting mrk influence you like that?

He would say he won't play a game if wrong as pect ratio or would not bother enabling DLDSR or turn on hdr. Lol

Just stick it on 120 or 144hz if that is an option. Job done. Wtf :cry:

Does that even fix it though? I can't recall exactly but I think the only way to fix it is by pushing FPS as high as possible or disabling vrr (which is a big no)

Does that even fix it though? I can't recall exactly but I think the only way to fix it is by pushing FPS as high as possible or disabling vrr (which is a big no)

It did for me. Before the firmware update we got back then at 175hz I would see the vrr flicker in tlou menu and mortal kombat 11 menu.

As soon as I went 144hz it was gone. That is why I am saying try it out. I know that is what I would do. Would be just for the said game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom