Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Cool :D

Have you experienced it or just going of what others are saying? :p

I always go by what my own experiences. If I am not having an issue and it is something that happens in a handful of scenarios then I could not give two ***** about it personally.

Going to go unpack and the monitor and try it out shortly :D

I might even go install TLOU and run it at 120hz. Bet it fixes the issue :cry:

Might as well just return the aw32 and buy a aw34dw and use DLDSR then, at least you'll get 175hz rather than peasant 120hz :cry:

Got to a new area and no flickering now even though this area is more demanding and fps drops to 70, thought I would try FSR 3 and FG as supposedly it's good in this game and close to dlss, like **** it is :cry:

Most probably won't spot the issues but if you look closely, ignoring the fizzling galore on grass, can you see like lines/circles on either side of Joel :o

Also, you would think that is micro stutter there but it's not, it's just the fizzling and disocclusion issues which is giving the perception of micro stutter. Switch to dlss balanced and get 65 fps instead and it's smooth as anything compared to FSR 3 and FG.

Might as well just return the aw32 and buy a aw34dw and use DLDSR then, at least you'll get 175hz rather than peasant 120hz :cry:

Got to a new area and no flickering now even though this area is more demanding and fps drops to 70, thought I would try FSR 3 and FG as supposedly it's good in this game and close to dlss, like **** it is :cry:

Most probably won't spot the issues but if you look closely, ignoring the fizzling galore on grass, can you see like lines/circles on either side of Joel :o

Also, you would think that is micro stutter there but it's not, it's just the fizzling and disocclusion issues which is giving the perception of micro stutter. Switch to dlss balanced and get 65 fps instead and it's smooth as anything compared to FSR 3 and FG.

Have you actually enabled gsync in the Nvidia control panel?

This wasn't evident to me when I first got the monitor. But in the control panel there's a section under gsync that says Enable settings for the selected display model (even though it says this monitor isn't supported) that needs to be enabled.

Last edited:
Have you actually enabled gsync in the Nvidia control panel?

This wasn't evident to me when I first got the monitor. But in the control panel there's a section under gsync that says Enable settings for the selected display model (even though it says this monitor isn't supported) that needs to be enabled.

Yes gsync is enabled for both fullscreen and windowed mode and for the selected display, gsync is working just fine, there is no screen tearing and the experience on the whole when above 70 fps is very smooth. VRR is just inherent issue to OLED and adaptive sync based displays:

The aw34dw is the only OLED monitor to not exhibit the issues nearly as much:

NySyDoc.png

In that one game yes. And in all the other ones you are stuck on 175hz. Lol.

Makes no sense. Buy you can see that already ;)

I can't play 240hz in one game. **** it. Rather play all my games at 175hz now. Bwahahaha. Does not compute :cry:

Last edited:
I have set it up and installed TLOU. Shaders are building!!

Oh and I tried Tekken 8 as my first game. Night and day difference in image quality. Very impressed!

Downloading Cyberpunk to try next.

It's the mission where you take Ellie outside the city, think the 3rd mission perhaps. It's night and raining.

Gsync ultimate is simply better for vrr gaming experience, there's no need to question it, even blurbusters has said gsync is the golden sample for vrr gaming :p :D

You'll also see it in cp 2077 too as that game is what rtings etc. test with. If you don't notice it then you're not in an area where it is a problem or you are pushing FPS high enough for it to not be a problem, your monitor is not going to be unique as it's an inherent issue with adaptive sync oled :p

It's the mission where you take Ellie outside the city, think the 3rd mission perhaps. It's night and raining.

Will check it out in a couple of hours. Shaders finished building and I had a go in two chapters and did not see any flicker what so ever.

Only place I saw it was the main menu and that was before I changed the graphics settings. Once I did that again no flicker.

My settings are basically everything on ultra, but have depth of field and motion blur turned off and DLSS set to Performance. I am also using the DLSS file that shipped with the game.

Gsync ultimate is simply better for vrr gaming experience, there's no need to question it, even blurbusters has said gsync is the golden sample for vrr gaming :p :D

But no one is questioning this. What I am saying is on the odd occasion it is an issue for this monitor you can either optimise settings to work around it or just go 120hz.

If the issue was in most games I would see your point. But it ain't. Not just that but all these new games will have drame gen which will help keep frames high anyway.

You'll also see it in cp 2077 too as that game is what rtings etc. test with. If you don't notice it then you're not in an area where it is a problem or you are pushing FPS high enough for it to not be a problem, your monitor is not going to be unique as it's an inherent issue with adaptive sync oled :p

Again, no one is saying otherwise. Will play and see. But mrk is not noticing it sonthat tells me it is not a big issue. Won't be long we both will have 4090 performance.

@Nexus18 With everything that you've experienced with the QF up to this point, and if you had the choice to return the QF, would you return it keep the DW over it?

He had a long enough return window to do so. He chose to keep it. Now he is winging about edge cases which actually have simple solutions :p

I think he is letting Alex at DF get to him too much :p

Will check it out in a couple of hours. Shaders finished building and I had a go in two chapters and did not see any flicker what so ever.

Only place I saw it was the main menu and that was before I changed the graphics settings. Once I did that again no flicker.

My settings are basically everything on ultra, but have depth of field and motion blur turned off and DLSS set to Performance. I am also using the DLSS file that shipped with the game.

But no one is questioning this. What I am saying is on the odd occasion it is an issue for this monitor you can either optimise settings to work around it or just go 120hz.

If the issue was in most games I would see your point. But it ain't. Not just that but all these new games will have drame gen which will help keep frames high anyway.

Again, no one is saying otherwise. Will play and see. But mrk is not noticing it sonthat tells me it is not a big issue. Won't be long we both will have 4090 performance.

If you don't notice it and you're getting less than 110 fps and you still don't see it in that specific area then your eyes probably aren't sensitive to it, same way people don't notice jaggies, temporal stability issues and so on. I don't even have it on the menu, which is funny as on the aw34dw before the firmware update, it was only noticeable on the menu.

It will depend entirely on the game you are playing, of course it isn't an issue all the time but it happens enough to me in the games I do play to make the gaming experience worse than the better vrr gaming monitors imo.

@Nexus18 With everything that you've experienced with the QF up to this point, and if you had the choice to return the QF, would you return it keep the DW over it?

Nah I like the monitor and in a lot of ways it is better than the aw34dw, when no issues with the vrr side of things and the game really benefits from 4k, it is incredible but alas when it suffers issues and the 4k/240hz benefit isn't there, the aw34dw is the superior and more enjoyable gaming experience so right now I am now happy to keep both monitors and simply choose the best monitor depending on the game, for some that will be the aw32 and for some that will be the aw34dw. As I said all along though, this is purely just a stop gap for me until 39" 21.9 5k 240+hz comes along then I will sell both on as will have the best of everything. 21.9 is simply better imo.

I will absolutely not buy another standard adaptive sync monitor though unless things improve, gsync ultimate or go home.

Back
Top Bottom