Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

So we enable HDR in 3 places?

Nvidia app, windows and turn it on in the game?

What does RTX HDR do that windows + game HDR doesn't already?
Windows
rtx hdr in nvidia app for the game profile
off in game (if there is a hdr switch)
windows auto hdr must be turned off too

This guy covers all the rtx hdr stuff and compares to auto hdr from windows.

Windows
rtx hdr in nvidia app for the game profile
off in game (if there is a hdr switch)
windows auto hdr must be turned off too

This guy covers all the rtx hdr stuff and compares to auto hdr from windows.

I'll have a look

Still very happy with mine (AW3225QF). I was concerned how much a curve screen would affect me but I'm pleasantly surprised that it's not been an issue at all as it's not aggressive at all.

Happy to recommend up to now.

Last edited:
Likewise can really recommend the AW2725DF for anyone interested in 27" 1440p. Had a bit of rough luck with the first one I received, strange headaches that I'd not had before but it's been almost 6 months now on the replacement version and it's fantastic.

Only upgrade route for me is a potential OLED dual mode 27" 4k 240hz/1080p 480hz and even then I really am enjoying the balance of 1440p at 360hz.

Nice but that new Asus does seem like proper S-Tier imo, gonna sell like crazy.
Yeah, looks super nice. I think my only reservation on it is the amount of games I could drive at 480hz and the price along with it - but if I did have a 4090/7800x3D I think that would be the route I'd go.

One of the strong points to Alienware is that they're priced relatively fairly in the UK - whereas it seems Asus just does a $=£ and leaves it at that.

image.png

Yeah, looks super nice. I think my only reservation on it is the amount of games I could drive at 480hz and the price along with it - but if I did have a 4090/7800x3D I think that would be the route I'd go.

One of the strong points to Alienware is that they're priced relatively fairly in the UK - whereas it seems Asus just does a $=£ and leaves it at that.
Another benefit to Alienware is the warranty. Yeah Asus say they offer burn in coverage but with their warranty track record I wouldn't hold much faith in it

After many weeks of should I go 4k or 1440p to go along with my 4080 Super and some good advice from you guys in this thread I have gone for the AW3225QF. I am willing to sacrifice that lovely fast refresh rate at 1440p for a slightly lower refresh rate at 4k. Looking forward to giving it a go!

I just hope my 4080 Super can keep up.

After many weeks of should I go 4k or 1440p to go along with my 4080 Super and some good advice from you guys in this thread I have gone for the AW3225QF. I am willing to sacrifice that lovely fast refresh rate at 1440p for a slightly lower refresh rate at 4k. Looking forward to giving it a go!

I just hope my 4080 Super can keep up.
In similar boat, enjoy :D. With tweaks and DLSS/FG - think you'll be good.

this is next level brilliant naming

AW2725QF is a Dual mode IPS
AW2725DF is a QD-OLED
yet AW3225QF is also QD-OLED

yes, I figure Q stands for 4K and D is 1440p
but still, this is enough to confuse anybody

Last edited:
Hoping we get something similar next year with an OLED panel at the same resolution, size and dual mode offering. 4k 180/240hz and 1080p 360hz/480hz at 27" is genuinely all I think I'll ever need (for now...)

Back
Top Bottom