Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

I hope they do an OLED replacement for the AW38

The AW38 is still a darn good monitor. I am not quite sure I would fork out £1500 to replace it. I have one sat next to an AW3423DWF and it holds it's own rather well. The colours are good. The reds aren't bad. I suppose the one big downside to the AW38 is the contrast. At least there isn't any fringing, though.

What do u mean by not all games will look as good?
Not all games run at 4k on the PS5 and whilst some are upscaled to 4k they won't look as good at 4k compared to on a 1080p monitor, for example.

One example that I can think of is Helldivers 2, which runs at 1080p in the 'performance' mode. When I play that on my PS5 at home in the lounge on the 4k OLED, it looks alright - but not great. It actually looks better when I use it with a small 24" 1080p monitor on the PS5.

My AW32 turned up yesterday, not had much chance to use it but initial impressions for anyone that hasn’t gone QDOLED yet please do it!

It just looks so good, colours are so vibrant!

I’ve seen a few say the out of the box settings/calibration is fine so I’ve not looked into it much but does anyone recommend anything for first setup with this monitor?

I've just got the 32", I think it's great so far, though there are two issues...

1. No speakers or audio passthrough (can't believe I didn't check), what's everyone's answer to this re. consoles?
2. In Destiny 2, on a particular part of Europa it was flickering really strangely almost like it couldn't cope, I haven't noticed it happen anywhere else but has anyone had anything similar?

Other than that, really enjoying it!

I've just got the 32", I think it's great so far, though there are two issues...

1. No speakers or audio passthrough (can't believe I didn't check), what's everyone's answer to this re. consoles?
2. In Destiny 2, on a particular part of Europa it was flickering really strangely almost like it couldn't cope, I haven't noticed it happen anywhere else but has anyone had anything similar?

@Nexus18 is your man. He has seen it everywhere :p

You can pass audio via hdmi e arc to a suitable device like a sound bar.

Flickering in vrr at 240hz is pretty common, drop it down to 120 hz and test it again.

My Google fu skills have failed me. There was a prank video from 10-15 years ago of a guy who hooked up his eye lids to a computer and was controlling them and it started blinking rapidly, like 1000rpm or something.

It actually looked legit to some back then, but was obviously cgi. If someone can find this video, they will have found what mrk looks like while playing :p

Anyone else receive the recent Dell email trying to sell an extended support package for the monitor?

It said in the email I only had 1 years worth of hardware warranty... Seems a bit stingy...

Last edited:
For the QF? Email is talking bunk because we have 3 years of warranty not 1. I just logged into dell account area and note that it says warranty to "10 Jul 2027". So they must have made an error on that email.

Back
Top Bottom