Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

I feel like I should decline the delivery because I secretly can't handle not being on 21:9 even if it's a year :p

Gotta think of how much silence my PC will have though without the gsync module fan....

Last edited:
I feel like I should decline the delivery because I secretly can't handle not being on 21:9 even if it's a year :p

Gotta think of how much silence my PC will have though without the gsync module fan....

I'm telling you, you will be back to the 34" by the end of next week! :p

Also, be good to here how you find DLDSR on the 34" compared to native 4k (with games, which fully load in high res. assets/textures regardless of native res render) as I can't quite compare since my 4k is a 55" TV so obviously much bigger thus PPI is a good bit lower than 34" 3440x1440 but overall I find DLDSR on 3440x1440 to provide a better/more pleasing image than my 4k 55" oled.

I can't fathom going from this:

Xc7vgG2.jpeg

To this :o

TXiOuMH.jpeg

Don't be a party pooper! Get it, you can still send it back anyway. At least have a play around and let us know how gen 1 and 3 compare etc.

Delivery time slot is in the AM, good thing I am WFH, although it might be a busy day. Guess I can set up anyway and work off it in the meantime lol

• Love
Reactions: TNA
He mentiones various settings that might need a FW upgrade for but that's not true as these things that exist on the ultrawide QD-OLED too, like when enabling Windows HDR mode, the OSD brightness/colour controls are locked out, he seemed confused by this even though has owns the 34" ultrawide - Typical Linus type of video where they get stuff wrong because they just don't know. Other stuff like saying he doesn't like DLSS because it's made the building in the BG grainy when that's not anything to do with DLSS lol

4k does tempt me a lot - although I am enjoying 360hz 1440p currently - but the biggest thing that puts me off actually swapping is the 32" size.

Apparently we're getting 27" 4k OLEDs end of this year/early next so potentially if Alienware offer a version that'll tempt me to swap. I also think 240hz is pretty much the sweet spot for refresh rate so I'm not overly fussed by being above that.

Very tempted by one of these since I have a code that brings it down to £800.80. I use my monitor 99% for work and my LG C2 42" is just so big. I don't want to give up OLED for the 1% of gaming I do, but I'm a bit worried about having a curved monitor for productivity.

I guess there's only one way to find out...

Last edited:
It's 1700R curve which is basically on par with the 1800R on the 34" ultrawide OLED I've been using since release - The curve is so subtle that after a few days you don't even notice it for productivity and the bulk of my work is not gaming either. I'm sure the 32" non ultrawide will be exactly the same.

It's when you get to the Samsungs and LGs that have a much deeper curve where things get noticeably awkward.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom