Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

I bought the AW3225QF a couple of months ago. Sold my LG 27GN950-B 27” 4K 144Hz for £150 locally on the FB marketplace. Had it up for 6 weeks at £200 with no interest but plenty of views, as soon as I reduced it to £150 had three enquires within two weeks and it sold.

Reactions: mrk
I'm just gonna say it but DLDSR, whilst excellent, native 4K is the crisper picture, although that verdict is a bit unfair as we're going from a 110ppi OLED to a 140ppi (I think?) - So the native 4K was always going to look better in games. On the desktop because Windows is doing scaling, things look no real different other than some stuff being bigger now because of the default Windows scaling.

But in games, in games the native 4K is the real deal, it's just cleaner and sharper than DLDSR 5160x2160 on the 34", and performance is better too because of no driver overhead having to do the DLDSR part to get that res on top.

OMG. Respect. Did not think you would come out saying this. That is my observation from ages ago when coming from IPS! Was telling nexus about it. But there were way to many other pro's overall for me on the QD-OLED so I kept that. DLDSR helped a lot. But nothing like the real deal! :D

Really looking forward to my upgrade. Probably around black Friday is still my guess still.

Hmm time for me to order one........ :cry: :p

Just a shame monitors are always such a PITA to sell on unless sell locally.

Bwahahahaha. Told you this might happen ;)

Hmmm, work discount code brings mine to £819..... @TNA Stop me! :p Might get it try myself and if meh, send back under 14 day.

Do it. You know you want to. It won't be meh ffs. If mr ultrawide is life is keeping it, what does that tell you? :p

Would be hilarious as I have always wanted it, yet you two who did not end up with it before me :cry:

Last edited:
What if the used value of this is £450 by the time the 40" ultrawides come out though, still 500 yeah???

Yeah alright, I'll take that deal. But... The deal expires in exactly 1 year :p

Can't be waiting longer than that :cry:

Jokes aside, I will probably get a brand new one around £700 or so this year :D

Last edited:
  • Haha
Yeah they never seem to come through for me! :mad:

EDIT:

Showing 13.2% for me!

EDIT:

Or not!

EDIT:

Meh, upgrade itch gone :p Just no point when 40" ones be next year

Last edited:
I can't find the DW's box at all, it';s not in the loft. I'm wondering wtf? Did I send it to recycling by accident one day? I have had five of the damn things.... This is a disaster, can't sell a monitor with no stand lmao.

I can't find the DW's box at all, it';s not in the loft. I'm wondering wtf? Did I send it to recycling by accident one day? I have had five of the damn things.... This is a disaster, can't sell a monitor with no stand lmao.

Sell you my box and stand for £200 :cry:

• Haha
Ok so text in normal browsing etc is definitely more impactful. Like on IPS panels when you enable ClearType and text suddenly has a bit more clarity, it feels like that vs the gen 1 panel. This is at the default 150% Windows scaling, at 125 or 100% scaling the gen 1 looks better.

This will be down to the PPI at 32", the comparison would be more fair on a 40" 5120x2160 QD vs the 34" 3440x1440 in relative terms to the scale vs resolution.

Last edited:
Ohhhh boys I've been tempted by this monitor for a while, and catching up on over the last couple pages has got me itching for it even more.

I swap from my DW to my PG27AQDM every now and then, and the 240hz is such a game changer for me personally.

This being 32 @ 4k 16:9 I feel is the sweet spot and I see it's on a bit of a discount but I want to see if I can knock the price down more somehow with a code or 2.

Hmmmmmm

Ohhhh boys I've been tempted by this monitor for a while, and catching up on over the last couple pages has got me itching for it even more.

I swap from my DW to my PG27AQDM every now and then, and the 240hz is such a game changer for me personally.

This being 32 @ 4k 16:9 I feel is the sweet spot and I see it's on a bit of a discount but I want to see if I can knock the price down more somehow with a code or 2.

Hmmmmmm

Yeah I think if I could get it for below £800, I would jump on it but for now meh :p Also, partly because really need a new gpu first for future RT goodness at decent fps :cool:

Back
Top Bottom