Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Oh I fixed it, it was rather a simple fix for Cyberpunk at least anyway, but I suppose other games with similar things will have a similar approach...

In Cyberpunk's CET folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64\plugins\cyber_engine_tweaks

Open config.json in Notepad, modify the base font size to something smaller than the default 18, I set 12.

Before:
FD6tdYx.jpeg

After:
JOsAuXh.jpeg

Back to business as usual then lolz.

Last edited:
Any one think it's a bad idea to put back on the screen protector that the monitor shipped with?

I got an electrician coming round to fix some lights in my room and there might be a little dust etc... so I was thinking of putting the screen protector back on for a bit.

Just cover it with a bedsheet. Putting the screen protector on might risk some micro scratches if you catch it wrong as the QG-OLED panel coating is quite fragile that even a nail can micro scratch it.

Interestingly, yesterday I saw that the panel health was yellow, which i thought was quite early since i only got the display this week. However, i turned on the PC this morning and it's green again.

what's the menu option for when it does go yellow and you want to do a reset or whatever you have to do to sort it?

It's weird being back on the aw34dw now as it feels too short in height now :cry: Can't win! 32" not wide enough/21.9 and now the 34"/21.9 not tall enough. Defo 38" be the sweetspot!

another question: does your desktop window scale all the way to the black frame of the display? NOT the plastic frame. On mine, if i run a white background, i can see on the right hand site of the screen it has a 2-3mm gap between the window visibility and the black frame (again not the plastic frame). it's like the display output needs realigning and centralising relative to the physical screen size. i hope it makes sense. there's no way of taking a picture as the blacks are so black it's barely visible.

Last edited:
Nothing needs aligning, all OLED monitors have pixel drift, it's what the monitor uses to reduce screen burn as it moves the entire screen around that empty pixel margin.

Interestingly, yesterday I saw that the panel health was yellow, which i thought was quite early since i only got the display this week. However, i turned on the PC this morning and it's green again.

what's the menu option for when it does go yellow and you want to do a reset or whatever you have to do to sort it?
nothing early about it as it runs the refresh every 4 hours of cumulative use
it is green again because it probably ran the refresh by itself when in standby
this is normal and the way it is supposed to work

Last edited:
Nothing needs aligning, all OLED monitors have pixel drift, it's what the monitor uses to reduce screen burn as it moves the entire screen around that empty pixel margin.
really? so i'll see that gap get smaller on the right and open up on the left as time goes by?

I notice the shift sometimes. Never bothered me.

Same.

Have put the aw32 back up now again and 240hz is sooooooo smooth. the extra crispiness on text really is nice too. I'll need to try and find a game where I can push fps to 200+ just to see/feel it as so far I don't think I've played any games where fps has passed 150 fps.

@Nexus18 I noticed the most faint flicker after testing CB for a while yesterday, so my monitor is definitely not magical :p , but I really had to look for it.

Overall I'm happy with this panel, 4k just makes everything look crisp, even just web browsing is good! 240hz is great too.

But something is telling me to return it, and go back to my 27" PG27AQDM..

Same.

Have put the aw32 back up now again and 240hz is sooooooo smooth. the extra crispiness on text really is nice too. I'll need to try and find a game where I can push fps to 200+ just to see/feel it as so far I don't think I've played any games where fps has passed 150 fps.

So erm... You keeping it? :p

@Nexus18 I noticed the most faint flicker after testing CB for a while yesterday, so my monitor is definitely not magical :p , but I really had to look for it.

Overall I'm happy with this panel, 4k just makes everything look crisp, even just web browsing is good! 240hz is great too.

But something is telling me to return it, and go back to my 27" PG27AQDM..

What fps were you getting?

Yeah it was the thing I least cared about in terms of reasons for "upgrading" but browsing etc. really is just much nicer and 240hz on windows alone is noticeable :cry: I do miss 21.9/3440x1440 for multi-tasking though, having 2 windows side by side looks/works better.

What's making you think to go back to the 27"?

So erm... You keeping it? :p

Unsure yet still as there is a lot to like with the aw32, main things being:

- the improved motion clarity (even when/if fps is lower than what I was getting on my aw34), thanks again to TAA based methods....
- better visuals with taa based games (i.e. 95% of games nowadays)
- hdr being a decent improvement compared to first gen qd-oled

I could adapt to 16.9 for the time being but surprisingly one of the main things which is drawing me back to the aw34dw is the gsync module, no doubt about it, it is simply better at smoothing out fps fluctuations especially at lower fps, as jenson would say "it just works" :p

I think if I can sell on the aw34d for about £500-600 and keep the aw32 until the next gen 21.9 panels, this will be the way forward, hopefully by then, either adaptive sync/vrr will be improved or/and gsync module for the next ones!

EDIT:

Will say it again though, DLDSR is really very good! It's obviously not as good as native 4k but outside of comparisons etc. you really would have a hard time noticing the difference imo but as mentioned, in some games, DLDSR doesn't always show as big of a benefit compared to 4k native, that and since a lot of games don't use true exclusive fullscreen mode, it's a faff to do at times.... but perhaps nvidia will fix/allow it work with borderless based games too at some point.....

Last edited:
What fps were you getting?

Yeah it was the thing I least cared about in terms of reasons for "upgrading" but browsing etc. really is just much nicer and 240hz on windows alone is noticeable :cry: I do miss 21.9/3440x1440 for multi-tasking though, having 2 windows side by side looks/works better.

What's making you think to go back to the 27"?

Unsure yet still as there is a lot to like with the aw32, main things being:

- the improved motion clarity (even when/if fps is lower than what I was getting on my aw34), thanks again to TAA based methods....
- better visuals with taa based games (i.e. 95% of games nowadays)
- hdr being a decent improvement compared to first gen qd-oled

I could adapt to 16.9 for the time being but surprisingly one of the main things which is drawing me back to the aw34dw is the gsync module, no doubt about it, it is simply better at smoothing out fps fluctuations especially at lower fps, as jenson would say "it just works" :p

I think if I can sell on the aw34d for about £500-600 and keep the aw32 until the next gen 21.9 panels, this will be the way forward, hopefully by then, either adaptive sync/vrr will be improved or/and gsync module for the next ones!

Life is short. Keep it. You will be in bliss once you get your gpu next year :D

Back
Top Bottom