Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Associate
Got to make a decision myself as too whether to keep it or not :(. The screen, curve , resolution everything is beautiful Cyberpunk looks amazing very and I mean extremely little flicker it’s not even really noticeable. Starfield .. wow incredible on this monitor the blacks at night are the best I’ve seen anywhere, I even seem to get more fps at 4k than my older 1440p upscaled,now comes the but ..

MSFS 2020 is my go to Sim, daytime flights including Dawn/Dusk are absolutely incredible ..clarity, visuals the lot , nighttime especially if there’s cloud then the flickering becomes quite bad, at 1st there was a white screen flicker after doing some research it turns out having bloom on was the issue with that. But the cloud flickering still remains, I’ve tried FG off/on GSYNC off/on, capping fps , I’m going to try changing from DP to HDMI in a bit . Sorry for my long post if anyone can possibly give me some advice I’d be eternally grateful, Ino it might seem a small “issue “ for some but it’s kind of just bugging me a bit Cheers all.

Last edited:
Associate
I guess there are no monitors that use the same panel which are flat and have a burn-in warranty for nearly the same price?
Not for the same price, unfortunately. Both the MSI and Asus models (that use the same panel but are flat - with a 3 year burn in warranty) are all above 1200.

Soldato
Not for the same price, unfortunately. Both the MSI and Asus models (that use the same panel but are flat - with a 3 year burn in warranty) are all above 1200.

Thanks. There's no way I could justify an additional £400 for the same product.

The curve is unnoticeable in games, but it's very apparent during productivity tasks. I don't hate it, but it would be better if it just wasn't there.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks. There's no way I could justify an additional £400 for the same product.

The curve is unnoticeable in games, but it's very apparent during productivity tasks. I don't hate it, but it would be better if it just wasn't there.

I too would prefer it with no curve, but perhaps the curve is more immersive in games.

Soldato
Got to make a decision myself as too whether to keep it or not :(. The screen, curve , resolution everything is beautiful Cyberpunk looks amazing very and I mean extremely little flicker it’s not even really noticeable. Starfield .. wow incredible on this monitor the blacks at night are the best I’ve seen anywhere, I even seem to get more fps at 4k than my older 1440p upscaled,now comes the but ..

MSFS 2020 is my go to Sim, daytime flights including Dawn/Dusk are absolutely incredible ..clarity, visuals the lot , nighttime especially if there’s cloud then the flickering becomes quite bad, at 1st there was a white screen flicker after doing some research it turns out having bloom on was the issue with that. But the cloud flickering still remains, I’ve tried FG off/on GSYNC off/on, capping fps , I’m going to try changing from DP to HDMI in a bit . Sorry for my long post if anyone can possibly give me some advice I’d be eternally grateful, Ino it might seem a small “issue “ for some but it’s kind of just bugging me a bit Cheers all.

I think to minimise the flicker you have to keep your fps as high as possible. Maybe means using dlss performance and maybe lowering a few settings to push the frame rate higher.

Associate
What fps were you getting?

Yeah it was the thing I least cared about in terms of reasons for "upgrading" but browsing etc. really is just much nicer and 240hz on windows alone is noticeable :cry: I do miss 21.9/3440x1440 for multi-tasking though, having 2 windows side by side looks/works better.

What's making you think to go back to the 27"?

I brought down the fps to around 40/50. The fps was very consistent though which helped a bit I guess.

I do agree the side by side multitasking is better with the DW but I'm not toooo bothered about that but handy for sure.

If I'm being honest I think it's the fps hit. However the hit isn't that bad, I'm being picky. I need to keep playing with it. May even hook up the PS5 and have a fiddle with that too as this monitor has HDMI 2.1.

Other than that, I still stand by the fact this display is stunning. HDR is great, the overall brightness/colours just look brighter/better imo than my DW and Asus.

Last edited:
Caporegime
If I'm being honest I think it's the fps hit. However the hit isn't that bad, I'm being picky.

This was my main concern and reason for never wanting to go to 4k but I have been very surprised with the 3080, cp 2077 needs ultra perf. dlss to get decent fps when using path tracing but still, even then, it looks better than dlss balanced on 3440x1440. I always intended on getting 50xx so even if perf was awful, I could make do but alas, it was a nice surprise!

Soldato
This was my main concern and reason for never wanting to go to 4k but I have been very surprised with the 3080, cp 2077 needs ultra perf. dlss to get decent fps when using path tracing but still, even then, it looks better than dlss balanced on 3440x1440. I always intended on getting 50xx so even if perf was awful, I could make do but alas, it was a nice surprise!

Does show just how good DLSS is. (and upscalers in general)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom