Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Soldato
The curve is 1700R, it is largely a non issue. All other monitors use a 1500R or tighter and are noticeably distracting. 1700 and 1800 are enough to be invisible fairly quickly.

I was concerned about having a curve display at 32", but in all honesty it's great, I now prefer it.

The curve is unnoticeable in games. I can't comment about productivity as I don't use the monitor for that. But in Windows you do notice the curve.

Thanks!

It will be used mostly for gaming but with some general desktop usage. I want to go for the Dell for the burn in protection. I'm just looking for someone at work with either a valid student email address or with friends / family who work in the NHS so i can try and stack one of those discount codes.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Basically from what I can gather, on mid range cards if you want 4K, then DLSS Performance is needed. Though his game sample selection is tiny, and Starfield is included in that so uhhhhh yeah :cry:

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Caporegime
Decent enough video but nothing most of us here don't already know. He didn't really cover the biggest advantage with a higher res when using taa based methods (i.e. 99% of games now) when it comes to motion clarity though, which one of the comments did:

apsSrP2.png

PS. @TNA you would like the video as he points out how the 3090 can't do 4k technically despite having all the vram in the world :p ;) :D :cry:

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Decent enough video but nothing most of us here don't already know. He didn't really cover the biggest advantage with a higher res when using taa based methods (i.e. 99% of games now) when it comes to motion clarity though, which one of the comments did:

apsSrP2.png

PS. @TNA you would like the video as he points out how the 3090 can't do 4k technically despite having all the vram in the world :p ;) :D :cry:

Bwahahaha. £750 down the drain :p

Associate
Hey guys.. I'm considering upgrading from the DWF to the AW3225QF. I have a 7900 XTX/7800X3D. The "heaviest" game I run is Tarkov. However I am afraid of doing the upgrade and then getting about 100-120FPS which is not ideal.
Is anyone running this combo, to kinda tell me what sort of performance are you getting?

Associate
@SpartaP are you keeping the aw32 then?

I'm still leaning towards returning it.

However, I've been using it all week to get a good feel for it but at lunchtime today I'm swapping back to the aw34 to use until the weekend. That should give me enough comparison to see what I prefer in terms of visuals, fps and performance in general.

Caporegime
I'm still leaning towards returning it.

However, I've been using it all week to get a good feel for it but at lunchtime today I'm swapping back to the aw34 to use until the weekend. That should give me enough comparison to see what I prefer in terms of visuals, fps and performance in general.

Yeah I might fire up my aw34dw once more just to make sure but I end up missing the vertical height/extra screen area a lot now. Both are fantastic monitors.

Associate
Yeah I might fire up my aw34dw once more just to make sure but I end up missing the vertical height/extra screen area a lot now. Both are fantastic monitors.

They really are.

Part of me also feels that I'd struggle selling the aw34 for a reasonable price to claw back enough to make it worth while keeping the aw32 over it. Especially with all the discount codes and sales Dell have for a brand new DWF. Not to mention I love the aw34 and probably find a reason to keep it :D

The aw32 would then become an expensive stop gap until the next generation of UW's release.

Buuuutttt I'm not 100% on decision yet :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
They really are.

Part of me also feels that I'd struggle selling the aw34 for a reasonable price to claw back enough to make it worth while keeping the aw32 over it. Especially with all the discount codes and sales Dell have for a brand new DWF. Not to mention I love the aw34 and probably find a reason to keep it :D

The aw32 would then become an expensive stop gap until the next generation of UW's release.

Buuuutttt I'm not 100% on decision yet :D

I stil need to try and sell my aw34dw, won't let it go for any less than £500 (seems to be the listed price for a second hand dwf although the dw is a better monitor based on my experience comparing to adaptive sync monitors so demands more of a premium imo), will be selling locally though as **** sourcing courier etc. to deliver it :o :p

Associate
Hey guys.. I'm considering upgrading from the DWF to the AW3225QF. I have a 7900 XTX/7800X3D. The "heaviest" game I run is Tarkov. However I am afraid of doing the upgrade and then getting about 100-120FPS which is not ideal.
Is anyone running this combo, to kinda tell me what sort of performance are you getting?
do not know about how your setup would manage exactly, but expect a 40% fps hit more or less

Last edited:
Associate
do not know about how your setup would manage, but expect more or less a 40% fps hit
Yeah, I was under that assumption. Not that much in the range of 40% but I was expecting a hit. I will stick with the DWF and wait for next (or next next) GPU gen to be able to run 4K well without any sort of up/down-scaling. It's just that little devil behind the ear "you can get the QF for about 200 quid once you sell your DWF".

Back
Top Bottom