Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Caporegime
Yeah, I was under that assumption. Not that much in the range of 40% but I was expecting a hit. I will stick with the DWF and wait for next (or next next) GPU gen to be able to run 4K well without any sort of up/down-scaling. It's just that little devil behind the ear "you can get the QF for about 200 quid once you sell your DWF".

In that case, you'll always be waiting, as shown, even with a 4090, you really need upscaling for most games, especially if you're wanting more than 120 fps.....

Associate
In that case, you'll always be waiting, as shown, even with a 4090, you really need upscaling for most games, especially if you're wanting more than 120 fps.....
That's exactly the case apart from "always be waiting".. In one or two gen we should be able to drive 4k with just raw gpu power.. once we are there, I'll bit the bullet.

Caporegime
That's exactly the case apart from "always be waiting".. In one or two gen we should be able to drive 4k with just raw gpu power.. once we are there, I'll bit the bullet.

By then we'll have more demanding games though especially if path tracing becomes more common.

Back
Top Bottom