Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

As mentioned above, HDR is to be only turned on when playing HDR games or watching HDR content. Yes to the HDR calibration tool.

i couldve sworn my old LG 38" would only turn on when there was HDR content being shown, but maybe not.

i couldve sworn my old LG 38" would only turn on when there was HDR content being shown, but maybe not.

Having Auto HDR enabled in windows may of enabled this. Unless that monitor has the same behaviour as their TV's. When they detect HDR/Dolby Vision signal the TV would auto switch

Yeah we still aren't in the instant-switch to HDR/DV mode like a TV does yet for monitors, still a black screen then a moment delay. One day we will get there.

Urgh. My monitor was supposed to be delivered yesterday.... didn't even make it out for delivery from the delivery hub. Rescheduled for today, supposed to be here this afternoon.... not arrived and messaging as changed from a specific delivery time range, to "we'll update you with a delivery date". UPS are shockingly **** :rolleyes:

Urgh. My monitor was supposed to be delivered yesterday.... didn't even make it out for delivery from the delivery hub. Rescheduled for today, supposed to be here this afternoon.... not arrived and messaging as changed from a specific delivery time range, to "we'll update you with a delivery date". UPS are shockingly **** :rolleyes:

If it makes you feel any better i got screwed around by them too. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday but i had to change a delivery address on Sunday afternoon as I had to go into work. I got an tracking link that said that it was going to be delivered yesterday to the first address, but nothing turned up. Then another tracking update this morning with times that changed three times during the day. Oh how I wish they were as good as OcUK and DPD.

Have the monitor now and first though are I like the panel after watching few HDR YouTube videos. The curve is going to take some time getting used to. But the stand is a bit crap. I can't seem to get it level and it holds the screen too far forward. I might try and see if the stand from my Dell old 27" monitor fits and give that a go. But first time for some HDR gaming and let see if the 3070 Ti hold up...

Last edited:
A 27" 4k 240hz QD-OLED monitor honestly can't come soon enough. All of the images/reviews of the 32" versions sound fantastic - I just can't bring myself to have a monitor that big on my desk (and I'm not sure it'd actually fit in the available space).

Q4 2025 it is for me!

Finally the monitor arrived. :p

Still tweaking but have it set up on the stands and cable managed on my work/play desk.

dutc39j.md.jpg

looks good mate. Is that a 27' monitor above it and another 32' monitor in portrait ?
It’s a 4K 27” Eve Spectrum at the top and a 1440p 27” Asus ROG Swift on the left.
The camera angle is a little deceptive and makes the ASUS larger than it is

Last edited:
Something annoying happened last night.

I was upgrading the AMD drivers on this machine and once the driver installer had finished and it asked me to restart windows gave me a message that something was keeping windows from restarting. Cancel or force the restart.

I decided to check out what was causing it to hang. It seemed to be a dell dll file and dotnet that was the culprit.

I hope this was a one-off and won't pop up again.

Also quite weird it popped up after updating the AMD drivers....

Last edited:
Windows installed it automatically.

I will try to uninstall it. But what if windows update reinstalls it again.
Then uninstall it again.

It will be installed each time you plug/replug the USB upstream port in. Don't blame Dell or Alienware, this is Microsoft. The majority of people are too lazy and complain too much about having to install software manually, so Windows allows things like this to be installed automatically.

I have been looking at getting the AW2725DF (build in sig). I briefly looked at the AW3225QF but have seen a few comments along the lines of that not being worth it with 'only' a 3090?

A few posts have mentioned discount codes for either monitor, are these only available to teachers, NHS workers and students?

I have been looking at getting the AW2725DF (build in sig). I briefly looked at the AW3225QF but have seen a few comments along the lines of that not being worth it with 'only' a 3090?

A few posts have mentioned discount codes for either monitor, are these only available to teachers, NHS workers and students?
I always feel like you 'grow' into your monitor - so if 4k 240hz might not be something your current build can excel at right now but with DLSS (and the 3090 isn't exactly a slouch) you'll be in a great spot right now and even better as and when you decide to upgrade the build.

I have the AW2725DF - but that's because I predominantly play FPS games and I really prefer 27" over 32" for that.

Discount codes are typically from the Dell Advantage scheme, a lot of businesses are partners with Dell (or may even have low level support lease contracts) and provided your company email matches their log then you can get access to the codes. Worth having a look here! https://www.dell.com/en-uk/lp/employees

I always feel like you 'grow' into your monitor - so if 4k 240hz might not be something your current build can excel at right now but with DLSS (and the 3090 isn't exactly a slouch) you'll be in a great spot right now and even better as and when you decide to upgrade the build.

I have the AW2725DF - but that's because I predominantly play FPS games and I really prefer 27" over 32" for that.

Discount codes are typically from the Dell Advantage scheme, a lot of businesses are partners with Dell (or may even have low level support lease contracts) and provided your company email matches their log then you can get access to the codes. Worth having a look here! https://www.dell.com/en-uk/lp/employees

That makes sense. I plan to upgrade to a 5000 series when they become available.

Brilliant, thank you. I didn't think whether my professional membership might offer a discount code (looks as though it may). I have family members who are teachers, so may be able to go down that route if not.

I mainly play strategy games but I also play a lot of COD (for my sins).

Last edited:
Then uninstall it again.

It will be installed each time you plug/replug the USB upstream port in. Don't blame Dell or Alienware, this is Microsoft. The majority of people are too lazy and complain too much about having to install software manually, so Windows allows things like this to be installed automatically.

I've just checked mine and have Alienware Command Centre has been auto installed. I never connected the USB ports on mine just the Display Port cable. I've just uninstalled it but will check again in a few days and see if it comes back.

On Windows update it's always showed up as an optional update (Alienware connect components) - If you install it once then it will auto update thereafter I think.

Btw I found the best game to really show off a 4K 240Hz OLED on, I give you....

Back
Top Bottom