Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

On Windows update it's always showed up as an optional update (Alienware connect components) - If you install it once then it will auto update thereafter I think.

It's in my optional updates too, along with a few other pieces of Dell software. I never gave it permission to install any of them, its all happened automatically.

Reactions: mrk
Hmm how strange, today I was working on my PC and watched as Windows auto installed the optional AWCC software via Windows update, wtf? This should not be possible but somehow it auto installed!

I removed it via Revo uninstaller, but even then some crap is left behind due to the intrusive nature of dell/alienware software:

IbltBjH.png

qgBy8ia.png

UqY23r7.png

CusuTaa.png

A restart is needed else you can't delete the remnant directories.

I know I manually installed AWCC back in the launch time of the DW 34" as was curious what it was, but did a manual uninstall as above way back then and never saw a pee of it since then, so looks like I had to do the same again this time round, though this time round it auto installed...

It did not install any icc profiles though at least, just the software suite and messed with the alienware fx lighting in the OSD which I had to reset.

Oh and now it no longer shows up in optional updates either, so at least it's gone from there and should not auto install again.

Last edited:
I don't think you can, somehow Dell is enforcing a first time auto install through Windows Optional updates, I guess there might be a group policy setting in Windows that takes priority though and disabled auto updates for optional components.

Edit*
yep:

Turned that off and let's see if it happens again.

Well after uninstalling Command Centre on Sunday it is now auto installed itself again. I think it might be easier just to stop it from running rather than playing whack a mole every time it keeps self installing.

Is there any codes for money off the AW3225QF if anyone knows please. I've currently got a Samsung 49" G9 Oled I don't get on with, black screen problems and just too big and wish I'd never bought. I did have the AW3423DWF I regret sending back for the G9. How big is the screen horizontally across display 27.5? and vertically is it 15.5" ?

Last edited:
Is there any codes for money off the AW3225QF if anyone knows please.
Damn bad timing man, it was on sale for all of July! I should imagine another direct sale wouldn't be too far away, I'd try to hold on personally (unless it's absolutely doing your nut in then get rid!).

Damn bad timing man, it was on sale for all of July! I should imagine another direct sale wouldn't be too far away, I'd try to hold on personally (unless it's absolutely doing your nut in then get rid!).
Ah its ok im in no hurry. I think its going to be a christmas present anyway. Ive got to work out if its going to be.. DELL AW3225QF / MSI MPG 321URX / ASUS PG32UCDM 32 at moment, I think id prefer a flat panel but the price on the Dell is unbeatable. MSI being a really tempting 2nd though.

Back
Top Bottom