Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Mine shows £80.08 under the Tracked tab, and also says 'the retailer will process the claim. Please allow us up to six months to get a decision from the retailer.'

image.png

I suppose I could just have it now though on second thoughts and just buy something else as Christmas is too far away. :p

It's coming tomorrow! Can I'm excited reading these posts.

Last edited:
Still only played one game thus far using the new AW3225QF that being Ghost of Tsushima.

Of course it looks amazing compared to my old potato monitor.

However even using DLSS performance when the action on screen heats up in some of the big battle sequences, I do feel like the fps is getting choppy.

Makes me a little concerned for other more demanding titles as GoT is not exactly a very demanding title.

My next game is gonna be Elden Ring DLC and that doesn't have DLSS at all.

Last edited:
Still only played one game thus far using the new AW3225QF that being Ghost of Tsushima.

However even using DLSS performance when the action on screen heats up in some of the big battle sequences, I do feel like the fps is getting choppy.

Makes me a little concerned for other more demanding titles as GoT is not exactly a very demanding title.

If you find you are not getting on with it I also live in London and can drive down and swap it with my Alienware Ultrawide G-Sync Ultimate QD-OLED + £250 going your way ;)

Must be something wrong with your setup or/and a configuration if you're finding GOT choppy on a 4080. With DLSS perf and FSR 3 FG, the thing is smooth as silk at 100+ fps on my 3080 and 5800x3d, I have dropped a couple of settings like shadows though.

If you are getting between 50-70 fps and coming from a gsync module monitor though, yes, this will feel more choppy as well as increased latency, the gsync ultimate/module is superior for this fps range and these 2 areas.

Must be something wrong with your setup or/and a configuration if you're finding GOT choppy on a 4080. With DLSS perf and FSR 3 FG, the thing is smooth as silk at 100+ fps on my 3080 and 5800x3d, I have dropped a couple of settings like shadows though.

If you are getting between 50-70 fps and coming from a gsync module monitor though, yes, this will feel more choppy as well as increased latency, the gsync ultimate/module is superior for this fps range and these 2 areas.

I am offering him a solution if he wants :p

Last edited:
I currently have the AWD34" 175hz model and recently hooked my PC up to my 55" 4k OLED to test out 4k. I am very impressed with the additional detail and extra screen height. Having read through the thread it seems that opinions are a bit split as to if the 32" 4k model is that much of an upgrade? I run a 7800x3d/7900XTX and mainly play single player RPG/strategy games.

I currently have the AWD34" 175hz model and recently hooked my PC up to my 55" 4k OLED to test out 4k. I am very impressed with the additional detail and extra screen height. Having read through the thread it seems that opinions are a bit split as to if the 32" 4k model is that much of an upgrade? I run a 7800x3d/7900XTX and mainly play single player RPG/strategy games.
I owned the AW34 and whilst it was good I thought it too small for me. And I also had to use the form of upscaling I forget the name of but it only works with full screen games. DLDSR? So I sent it back to dell and got a refund. Then I bought a rather dumb G9 Oled 49" uber widescreen . Didn't get on with that. So I carried on gaming on my 55" LG CX 120Hz 4K. Now I have just received the AW3225QF and honestly it's tremendous. I was so blown away by the level of detail in Forza 4 and Ghosts of tushima. The smoothness is a joy to experience, just fantastic another level. Also Baldurs gate 3 looks amazing. Honestly try one you won't regret it.

My AW3225QF arrived today. Looking forward to trying it out later. I understand, from this thread, that I should avoid installing any of the AW software?

Edit - I have just set up the new monitor and feel as though I am missing something obvious. The image quality seems very flat, almost grainy to me. I bought a new DP cable and changed my screen resolution to 240hz. It seems like a downgrade in quality to my LG, which can't be right.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom