Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Associate
So maybe being dumb but seems like you can't turn off Dolby vision?
I read somewhere there was/is a bug about being able to turn off DV - there's a workaround floating around but still waiting for an update to gain access to a toggle.

Last edited:
Associate
My order just updated to shipped status too (5th of Feb order). Tracking number isn't working yet but also hoping it will be a Monday delivery :)
Mine also at Shipped now with a delivery date of Monday. I'm actually hoping for Saturday as out Monday :D

Soldato
So had to roll back my driver's to get rid of DV bug, Dell are seemingly not saying if they'll implement a toggle for it, the screen looks great in Peak1000 mode

Please explain more about the DV bug.

Mine says delivery Monday now but I'll be at work so here's hoping for Saturday... Or can UPS be diverted to a pickup location?
Will check options once tracking shows they have it and gives me more info

Soldato
Please explain more about the DV bug.
Its always using Dolby Vision when in HDR mode, which unfortunately caps nits at 500 and tone maps even when games don't support DV, current fix is to use older driver on Nvidia, on AMD don't seem to be a fix

However some good news I noticed post from today on Dell forums saying there adding a toggle in March update

Last edited:
Soldato
Its always using Dolby Vision when in HDR mode, which unfortunately caps nits at 500 and tone maps even when games don't support DV, current fix is to use older driver on Nvidia, on AMD don't seem to be a fix

However some good news I noticed post from today on Dell forums saying there adding a toggle in March update

Which Nvidia drivers do we need to roll back to?
Glad to hear about the toggle :)

Soldato

0JcCqQ6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom