** ALL NEW (WITH RULES) Summer Transfer Window 2012/2013 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
What do you Man Utd fans think of the Brazilian twins? I'm getting less and less convinced as time passes

I think they're both very capable, but they are both far more suited to attacking than defending and seem to be rather injury prone.

Caporegime
What do you Man Utd fans think of the Brazilian twins? I'm getting less and less convinced as time passes

I really like them, fantastic going forward but really need to work on their defensive work, they both seem to be injury prone but if they can get past that then they'd be really good quality wing backs.

I'm not a United fan per say, but I do really like the samba nevs.

Soldato
why are you becoming less convinced as time passes? is that in the short term because I'd say recent months has been the best Rafael has played for us.

Fabio needs to have a concentrated span of first team football, hopefully injury free to see if he can progress as well.

*edit to be on topic - which is why a loan move would be great for him in my opinion. Hopefully to a pl team.

Last edited:
Soldato
Like both sambe Nev's , though Fabio needs much more game time (so as long as it IS a loan deal, it would be good to see him out of the sqaud for next season)

I am still hopeful Gaitan deal is just a horrible rumour (as he is really over priced, and not sure he is much of an improvement out wide than what Utd already have)

I dont know what it is with Utd and kids recently - a lot of them seem to want to run their contracts down (admitedly I was glad to see the back of Morrison for all the off-field issues hitting the press) , with Fryers and Pogba both waiting for the summer before deciding.

Personally think it would do Evra some good to have healthy competition at LB slot (if Fryers leaves) without pushing JE out there , who should just concerntrate on competing with Rio / Vdic imo for a CB place

Soldato

Less and less convinced about what exactly? That either will be genuine first team regulars? Their ability on the whole?

Personally I'm still undecided, there's a nagging thought in the back of my head that Fergie still doesn't actually trust Rafael and he's only in the team atm because we're playing rather weak opposition (notice against Wigan away he was dropped and Jones came in) so with that in mind it's quite hard to form a long term view if as I suspect he's only in the team at the moment temporarily.

Ignoring the above though I guess he's done alright as of late, he still tends to get caught out in defence around once a game trying to be too clever but gets away with it (again because of the level of opposition he's playing against), attacking wise his end product is pretty woeful which is particularly disappointing when I think back to how he started his United career, overall though he's still only 21 and when I think about someone like Evans who burst onto the scene and had a great 08/09 season for us but then turned to rubbish up until this season (he's now 24) we probably make opinions on young players (particularly defenders) earlier than we should.

Soldato
Rumours have started (again?) that Anderson may be running out of time at Utd

Some articles are stating that a lot of the initial fee was performance related , which havent as yet been reached (yes, after 5 seasons) and that Utd may have to sell him on rather than pay the remaining transfer fee.

Have no idea about how factual the above is, but it wouldnt be that surprising if it was true. He showed his potential in glimpses but has often been disrupted by injury or severe loss of form imo and Utd should sell him on (even if they dont get that much £ for him)

Soldato

Some articles are stating that a lot of the initial fee was performance related , which havent as yet been reached (yes, after 5 seasons) and that Utd may have to sell him on rather than pay the remaining transfer fee.

Have no idea about how factual the above is, but it wouldnt be that surprising if it was true. He showed his potential in glimpses but has often been disrupted by injury or severe loss of form imo and Utd should sell him on (even if they dont get that much £ for him)

If selling him helps bring in a replacement then i'll drive him to the airport myself, I've well and truly lost patience with him. In the 5 years at the club he's never put in more than a 2 month good patch, the rest of the time he's either **** or injured and I can't see that ever changing. Get rid!

Soldato
If selling him helps bring in a replacement then i'll drive him to the airport myself, I've well and truly lost patience with him. In the 5 years at the club he's never put in more than a 2 month good patch, the rest of the time he's either **** or injured and I can't see that ever changing. Get rid!

I thought you were still a huge supporter of his - I completely agree with you on this

With all those rumoured to be leaving one way or another there should be plenty of squad space left for a few additions

fez

fez

Caporegime
I thought you were still a huge supporter of his - I completely agree with you on this

With all those rumoured to be leaving one way or another there should be plenty of squad space left for a few additions

Yep, he needs to go simply because of his injury record and talent when he has played. We need a couple of world class midfielders at any rate so why keep a chap around that would want first team football but can't handle it.

Associate
On his day, Anderson is superb. However, it looks more and more to me like he's a player who is happy and content with enjoying all the spoils of his limited success and fame. I've lost any real hope he has the determination and drive to become a consistent force. That, along with his injury's mean I wouldn't be too sad to see him go.
If we truly are interested in Gaitan, giving them Anderson seems a more obvious swap than Fabio, who was very good last year when played.

Soldato

The idea of the initial fee being performance related is genius. We've probably paid next to nothing for him. :D

If getting rid of him saves some wages and clears a place in the squad for either youth or a new signing then he has to go. He's had the occasional flash of ability but they happen so far apart there's no point to having him around.

Soldato
No. I've never really been a huge supporter of him, I don't think he's half as bad as Gilly makes out but nor do I think after 5 years at the club he's ever going to do a Nani and really make a breakthrough so what's the point? Get rid.

sorry my mistake :)

One of the regs on here was raving about him for his form late last season/ beginning of this one (which to be fair was good, but over too short a period to mean that much) , I thought it was you, but possibly Sham ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom