** ALL NEW (WITH RULES) Summer Transfer Window 2012/2013 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you're Rooney, who wanted to leave and then got drawn back for lots of money. Or Sneijder, who would've joined... if you'd offered him more money.

;)

Do you ever stop being a wum by any chance?

Rooney was sick and tired of having to do everything himself (which to be fair he was doing for some time, and still is to a certain extent) - like any other world class talent, he doesnt want to carry the team himself

Sneijder is too old for the self-imposed age limit on Utd transfers (even when Utd may have been considering him), even without the extortionatewages he wanted, it was always more media speculation more than fact imo, the only real chance Utd had of signing him was before he left Real for Inter (on the cheap) but dont think SAF was interested then

24th April

Sir Alex Ferguson said:
I came to watch Lille play Lyon and followed Hazard of course, along with other players. He (Hazard) is a very good player who has many qualities. He is particularly fast over the first 10 yards

27th April

Bob Mancini said:
I like Hazard a lot, He's a good player, he's young and he would do great things in our team. Given his technical qualities, City would be the perfect destination for him

It's gonna be a long summer....

Dont worry Tom, SAF is going to be buying a whole new squad (well he must be if Utd actually buy all the players they are linked with) :D

You know what, Im going to put a £5 on Utd only signing one, defensive, player all summer lol

For me, a scout who picks out the next Fabregas, at 15yrs old, when he plays for a local team in Zimbabwe is going a crazy good job, the scout who found Ronaldo for Real did a slightly less good job :p

Meh, these days finding players isn't nearly as impressive as persuading them to join on a good deal and persuading their club to sell for a good deal.

This is where it goes for Newcastle for me, Cabaye, Tiote, Arfa, Ba or Cisse unknowns, not even slightly, epic deals, absolutely.

One of their key reasons for success appears to be having a long list of players to go after, which gives them an incredibly strong bargaining position. Real going after Ronaldo, what are they going to say to Utd "if you don't sell him to us for a reasonable price we'll buy..... Nasri?" not quite.

A good deal needs a bit of luck though, a player who wants to leave, who isn't a completely greedy git, agents who don't screw it up by being greedy(probably the hardest one to sort out) and a club who probably aren't in a strong position and pretty much need the money.

Agents probably screw most deals out of being good value, if someone went around and did the usual run of stories about how Cisse is leaving and could go for as little as 10mil, the offers would likely flood in. If everyone keeps their mouth shut and sorts out a deal on the quiet, its easier. So many ways for a deal to get screwed up and price pumped up though, mostly via one of the parties being greedy.

Last edited:
Not really a story, but does anyone else think that Fernando Llorente would absolutely boss the Premier League?

I'd like to see him there, I bet he'd be a defenders nightmare.

Joe cole still on Liverpools books iirc? Anything on what sort of season he has had in France and if he's getting a transfer? I've literally not seen him mentioned in a year.

He was on BBC Saturday sports thing and he said he was loving it and was getting on with the players and playing well, this was back in Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom