** ALL NEW (WITH RULES) Summer Transfer Window 2012/2013 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Podolski's signing necessarily means that RvP will be leaving, however what it does mean is that at least a transfer has been lined up in April rather than leaving it until August.

I think if RvP won't commit to a new deal it would make sense to cash in while his stock is high (also before he gets another injury), Arsenal have a lot of backup strikers/forwards waiting in the wings (Vela/Chamakh/Park/Bendtner/Campbell/Walcott/Gervinho etc). Can't afford to let him leave on a free.

Campbell, we'll have to see, Walcott, no, Gervinho, no, Chamakh, no, Park... can't even get a game over Chamakh and Gervinho, absolutely no, and Vela and Bendtner have had enough of the Wenger koolaid, neither has a future under Wenger, they both know it, they are both desperate to leave.

I don't want to sell RVP, but yes better to sell him than see him leave for nothing, by a mile, better to see someone other than Wenger spend the money though :(

Podolski could be a great signing, depends where we end up playing him, and with who. With RVP playing he'll basically push Gervinho onto the "never gets played again" list, which isn't a bad thing but he's another large wage useless buy we have to carry till his contract is up.

I think the likelyhood is Wenger has bought Podolski to help persuade RVP to stay, but if RVP gets an offer from a "huge" team, Real, Barca or even City, somehow I can't see RVP going to Italy as if Juve(rumoured) were interested just about every major la liga and EPL team can outbid and RVP would almost certainly choose Spain/England/Germany over Italy right now.

Podolski as an upgrade to Gervinho is fantastic, Podolski as a downgrade from RVP isn't quite as good. Frankly we won't know how good a transfer it is till September 1st.

Wont believe till i see that hes signed for us, as i said id love to have him. Next season with a front line of RVP and Podolski and a backline consisting of Verm, Kos and Vertonghen...mmmm ill be happy with that.

Nah RVP is now made out of something stupidly strong:p so he wont be breaking down anytime soon

AS said, Podolski signing could be great, or bad, have to let that play out. Defensively, its our system, not our players killing us, we've had loads of excellent CB's, and our defence just gets worse and more mistake prone. Fact is at the moment he's being rather highly rated and looked at, and the rumours are England but, Real and Barca are in desperate need of CB's, the reality is Arsenal have stagnated for years and players know that.

Too early to get too excited really before we know who might leave, and if anyone we buy is an addition to a squad or a replacement.

534798_377511265620821_203478689690747_997846_375488078_n.jpg

LOL

Hahaha love it absolutely love it especially the Mancini/Balotelli bit.

LOL @ Arsenal fans saying we dont need you, we have Robin:p:D

Apparently Eden Hazzard was at the Etihad Monday night, i guess if he was undecided about which Manchester club to join before the result may of made the decision a lot easier for him :p

Apparently Eden Hazzard was at the Etihad Monday night, i guess if he was undecided about which Manchester club to join before the result may of made the decision a lot easier for him :p

Simple fact is, we cannot compete (or are unwilling) on wages and fees teams like Man City, Chelsea, Real etc are able to pay.

If a player was to genuinely not look at money as a factor when deciding were to play, it would most likely be United, Real, City in that order. (Maybe swapping United and Real).

Just isn't the case these days.

We will see what happens in the next few months.

Id rather have Cabaye and Tiote than Hazard!

I'd be happy with Dembele and Kagawa! Both would be relatively cheap too. Contrary to most I don't think we need an enforcer, just mobile players that are comfortable on the ball.

me too. when the best players in the world are not available- look at eden hazard. when he rejects you start looking at wigan or Japanese players? yes yes i could have replaces wigan with fulham.

nothing against kagawa he's okay on fifa but id rather we were looking at players like lavezzi hamsik etc

of course you might find the odd oxlade chamberlain but the majority of the time you'll end up with a player who isn't quite as adept as say...david silva or Juan 'it doesn't' Mata.

then when you come to play against teams with players of that quality you are automatically up against it and the odds become longer...

me too. when the best players in the world are not available- look at eden hazard. when he rejects you start looking at wigan or Japanese players? yes yes i could have replaces wigan with fulham.

nothing against kagawa he's okay on fifa but id rather we were looking at players like lavezzi hamsik etc

of course you might find the odd oxlade chamberlain but the majority of the time you'll end up with a player who isn't quite as adept as say...david silva or Juan 'it doesn't' Mata.

then when you come to play against teams with players of that quality you are automatically up against it and the odds become longer...

So in one thread you are saying "look at the fantastic signings made by Newcastle" then in another you are saying we should only look at established players from fashionable countries.

2zgc9li.gif

What do people think of Sigurdsson? Apparently Swansea have had a bid rejected (not sure how much) and his parent club are holding out for 10m, could be a good bit of business for someone.

Reports from France today that Hazard is currently considering City or United, not Arsenal, Tottenham or Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom