** ALL NEW (WITH RULES) Summer Transfer Window 2012/2013 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, the £10m-20m players fail just as often if not more than those you pay a little extra for. The difference is if you cost £25m+ and aren't an undeniable success, everyone knows about it. At £10m-£20m it's a little easier to fade into insignificance (and a hell of a lot more likely).

Anyway, I'll hold off this conversation now until he's at least said he wants to come to us, because it's just asking for disappointment otherwise :p.

Thats certainly more true - but isnt it also more likely that the more the transfer value, the more 1st team chances you get (look at Torres, he wouldnt still be at Chelsea if he only cost £10m)

Its also more likely the higher the price the more likely you are a direct 1st team player rather than a squad addition. Admittedly that didnt work with Hernandez last season, as he came in and proved his 1st team selection more often than not (although this season has been tough for him)

I hope we get Kagawa too, especially as he's meant to be reasonably cheap.
+1

Last edited:
I said it's a fairly stupid comment to make. You can think what you want... no thought like that can be stupid, really... but it's stupid to post it, 'cause it's meaningless. Just posting completely unsubstantiated opinion is kinda pointless, ergo stupid.

Not really.

When I say I can see someone being more likely to sign for Citeh, because they're a better bet going forward/players have short careers/Manyoo need to invest quite a lot, but may be short of cash considering debt repayments/etc... I'm posting something with stuff to back up the position.

Yet you're saying Man Utd being the club that they are means absolutely nothing, when it clearly does mean something.

I don't hate Manyoo, anyway. The only part of the team I dislike is Rooney, and the way the Manyoo fans cry about other teams spending money.

It seems to me that you do, the majority of your posts are usually berating them in some way.

Rooney is apparently on £250k but Man Utd fans rubbish that, you can't pick and choose on reports to fit your arguments

When you and others use the 'term' fans, do you have any idea how many people you are talking about? It's a bit of a pointless assertion.

Manyoo need to invest quite a lot,

What do you mean by "quite a lot" ?

Why do you think this?

Given how far behind Chelsea /Arsenal and the rest fisnished last season, I dont see why Utd cant be the main challangers for the title for next season or two without investng anything in the team (admittedly its hard to know what RA will spend, and what will happen at Newcastle but even so)

Rooney is apparently on £250k but Man Utd fans rubbish that, you can't pick and choose on reports to fit your arguments

After what 6 or 7 seasons at the club, (reportedly) iincluding image rights - you think a new signing is going to have his wage offer even compared to one of Utd's top performers

Sorry yur dreaming, its just not ever going to happen

Last edited:
Don't deflect. Your original point was wrong, especially now that City have won the league and have a better squad than United, also being in an age where players care less and less about tradition. It's wrong to say players would choose United over City with the same terms, not many players care about the last 50 years, just the next 2 or 3, and City look a pretty good prospect for those.

Thats certainly more true - but isnt it also more likely that the more the transfer value, the more 1st team chances you get (look at Torres, he wouldnt still be at Chelsea if he only cost £10m)
Ask Berbatov about that one :p.

But yes, aside from that one ridiculous example, you do generally get a longer shot if you cost more.

I'm not saying don't look for value, but if we want to compete with the best then we need to be aiming at every level up to the very highest, and stop making excuses about there being no value in the market when the fact is there's now so much money in the game that the going rate has simply increased.

Don't deflect. Your original point was wrong, especially now that City have won the league and have a better squad than United, also being in an age where players care less and less about tradition. It's wrong to say players would choose United over City with the same terms, not many players care about the last 50 years, just the next 2 or 3, and City look a pretty good prospect for those.
Agree with this, which is why I want us to start pulling our finger out. We've let them catch us, and forget the fact they only won on goal difference, because they do have a better squad and better team, so have actually pulled ahead. Lets do whatever we can to stop the gap from widening is all I'm saying.

So City have the better squad, yet Utd equaled them on points with two major players out for 1/4 or 1/2 a season, Im sorry but even Toure missing 2 months for ACoN (which also happens next season I believe, so to miss World Cup years from now on) is not comparable at all

i dont think nasri's career has got any better since he joined city,he didn't play that big of a part in winning the league,he is wasted at city,and should have stayed at arsenal

lol, my word some people are utterly utterly deluded.

Nasri 2010/11, 28 starts, 2 sub appearances, 30 games at Arsenal.... won nothing.
Nasri 2011/12 26 starts 4 sub appearances, 30 games at City, won the title.

Sure he made a mistake, sure he was barely involved, sure his career hasn't moved on.

EDIT:- forgot to mention he obviously actually started the season at Arsenal, played one game and didn't move to City till end of August, he actually played one more league game total this year with his Arsenal game included.

I wouldn't call it arrogance, you're free to disagree that most players would prefer to play for Man Utd over Man City - that's fine, it's your opinion.

Are you sure we offered the exact same deal to Nasri as City? I don't recall that.

Of course there's no guarantee, but on average I'd wager most players would prefer Man Utd. I think most people would agree, fans or not.

No, most people would not agree.

City are in a stronger position, it wouldn't have mattered if they didn't win the title this year, Utd are no where near Barca, and don't have the spending power to buy the players required to be on par with them or Real. Sure, anyone can win the champs league one year, as proven yesterday, doesn't make the team better or as good as the best teams around.

City have the money and have clearly built a team that is moving forwards and improving year on year with no end in site in terms of spending power.

Likewise, said it 3 years ago, saying it today, if I had the choice between going to Utd and winning ANOTHER in a long line of titles, with fans who expect the title, and a chance to win ANOTHER Champs league or Europa cup title, that the fans have seen before.....

or going to City and winning the FIRST EPL title, the FIRST title most of the fans have seen, the first euro title, etc, etc.

City = chance to be the start of a legacy that will always be remembered, Utd = the chance to be yet another player in a long list of players who won't be remembered.

Toure is already a legend at City, as is Kompany, as is Aguero, at Utd, all of them would be "the guy who did it after Scholes, after Giggs, after Keane, after Beckham" etc, etc.

More money is just the icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Yeah, just a shame that they scored the most and conceded the least in the league or you'd have won it yourselves. Of course they have a better squad, and it'll keep getting better.

Oh, okay... we obviously have his personal accountant in the building. It's official, guys... Nasri's on £170k/week, for sure.

Obviously that's an unfair thing to say... but it's ridiculous to say 'apparently he's on £170k/week' and take it as gospel, then proclaim that Manyoo wouldn't have paid that.

lolMoses at his tedious best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom