** ALL NEW (WITH RULES) Summer Transfer Window 2012/2013 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we've heard it here first. Man Utd should just call it a day and we'll all watch City win the league by a load of points forever more.

Sounds great. ;)

DM why do you talk to everyone like they're a piece of **** on the bottom of your shoe?

Thus why I don't often reply to him. He can't discuss anything without belittling people. Unpleasant to be honest.

The fact he's wrong most of the time just makes it even more hilarious.

Ask Berbatov about that one :p.

But yes, aside from that one ridiculous example, you do generally get a longer shot if you cost more.

I'm not saying don't look for value, but if we want to compete with the best then we need to be aiming at every level up to the very highest, and stop making excuses about there being no value in the market when the fact is there's now so much money in the game that the going rate has simply increased.

When he first came in Berba WAS 1st choice - he wasnt by his 4th season as he proved himself to not be reliable in enough games. Do you want SAF to keep him in the 1st team just because ofthe transfer cost :eek:

Its a PERFECT example (not for you maybe lol).

Im not saying there isnt value in the market, Im just looking at the £70m Utd paid out in debts etc. Once that £400m is reduced some more, (and Utd start performing better in CL again) then we will have more financial clairty with City and Chelsea and RM and Barca to name a few

Well, we've heard it here first. Man Utd should just call it a day and we'll all watch City win the league by a load of points forever more.

Sounds great. ;)

You keep deflecting with these silly comments, why?

You know you were wrong, and while you and fellow Man Utd fans are not best placed to comment, it is arrogant to think that.

Don't deflect. Your original point was wrong, especially now that City have won the league and have a better squad than United, also being in an age where players care less and less about tradition. It's wrong to say players would choose United over City with the same terms, not many players care about the last 50 years, just the next 2 or 3, and City look a pretty good prospect for those.

Sorry, I missed this.

I didn't mean for what I said to seem arrogant, I don't think it was. Obviously I'm bound to be a bit biased.

I still think there is a massive appeal within Manchester United and it would attract players as much, if not more than what Man City have. We managed to match them on points with what everyone agrees is a considerably weaker squad. The appeal for a young player to come in and strengthen that squad (given the history and manager too) probably will factor in to their decision. Of course it might.

Chelsea have been in the same position as Man City, and we got back on top of them too. Nothing is guaranteed, despite the fact it looks more likely.

You keep deflecting with these silly comments, why?

You know you were wrong, and while you and fellow Man Utd fans are not best placed to comment, it is arrogant to think that.

T'was a joke, hence the wink!

It really doesn't, as that doesn't paint the whole picture. Liverpool are a team who I like to see do well, I'm not going to pretend that isn't the case, but then I can say the same of Arsenal, or any English team in Europe, or the underdog in any given match, etc. I'm not some diehard supporter who hates Everton/Manyoo. I don't hate Tottenham, because I like Arsenal, etc. I come from Cornwall, where football hardly exists! I'm not some died in the wool fan of any team... I wouldn't even call myself a fan of any club... I just like decent football/to talk about football finance/sports law, lol.

It was partly in jest, don't worry! :p

given the +12 goal difference between the two, it was pretty marginal

To be honest it's a different point and I don't really want to get into it as it's impossible to prove, but their midfield and attacking options are just so much better than Man Utd's, and their defence conceded the least in the league, so that can't be too bad either.

What will Manyoo do, in terms of strikers? With Berbatov and Owen leaving, will they just stick with Rooney/Hernandez/Welbeck + Macheda?

I imagine so, unless we sign another striker. Possible I suppose.

watching this lille game,hazard brings his kid out wearing sky blue,i keep expecting Davina McCall or somebody to jump out soon

Yeah I saw that as well. I wonder if he'll say anything.

Erm, what?? :confused:

FrankJH - When the transfer fee is huge, the player gets treated in accordance with the money, not the performance.

Answer - Berbatov, the ultimate counter example, did he start the CL final in 2009?

Did the transfer happen in April then?

As far as every Man Utd fan is concerned, Berba was in the first team for the majority of that season (even though he really did not hit it off THAT well, considering the price).

I NEVER suggested Utd would carry any player (as 1st choice) if they were not playing well /adding to the team for the whole season - yet you chose a one off game at the end of a season as your example :confused::confused:

The only time Berba scored anything like his worth was 2010-11 - and even then a lot of his goals were scored in 4 or 5 league games. Majority of the rest were completely forgettable.

I actually don't care about the debt side of things, if the Glazers can't finance their ownership of the club and at the same time spend the money required to compete at the highest level, then by all means they are free to **** off.

It's Fergie that said there was no value in the market btw.

Whether you like it or not - it HAS to be taken into consideration.
Utd are stuck with the Glazers until a lot more of the debt is paid off imo, and therefore the transfer amounts are more likely to be youth / budget buys rather than fantasy purchases every time. Its a fact of life

I know Fergie said that (ages ago, and repeats it several times since). I thought you were refering to my posts tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom