** ALL NEW (WITH RULES) Summer Transfer Window 2012/2013 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to compare City to Man U create a thread, you're just spamming this thread.

No more please.
Read your warning...... Which part of my deleted post had anything to do with City?? :p.

No point continuing this discussion here FrankJH, it's obviously not the place. We disagree so lets just leave it at that :).

Really sad to see Berbatov go. Never really played consistently well, but he showed flashes of how good he can be. One of the greatest first touches ever.

EDIT: nothing to read here (just seen the warning)

Last edited:
Also this talk of Hazard going for money and not caring about history etc, is all well and good, but you have to think they also think what is best for their own career. I can't predict the future, but if Hazard went to City he could well find himself as a bit-oart player which may have a damaging affect on his progression.

Yep. That's why he's coming to chelsea. ;)

To be honest it's a different point and I don't really want to get into it as it's impossible to prove, but their midfield and attacking options are just so much better than Man Utd's, and their defence conceded the least in the league, so that can't be too bad either.

Scoring 4 more goals in total, and conceeding 3 more away in total - you are exaggerating the differences massively imo

(although we conceeded 7 more at home admittedly, but that was an abaration due to 3 in injurty team at OT more than anything else)

They may well have more attacking options - but they dont have THAT much to show for it (in addition)

----edit - ok Im quitting for tonight - pity about the "sky blue " shirt but its too much of a coincidence for me

They should put him in a reality tv program, the whole thing is farcical

All the interested clubs should take him out on a date, each week the public vote out a club until he's left with 'the one'

:D and watch how he ends up at Wigan of all places:p...mind you having just him in the team would make them infinitely better than they are.

And please don't give me Modric as a better option, older, probably cost more, you know what you're getting with him, and while he's a class act, his performances in the league aren't exactly earth shattering.

As far as I'm concerned I've seen nothing that suggests Hazard could play centre midfield in a 4-4-2 so yes I for one would much rather see £30m+ spent on Modric even coming off the back of the season he has.

It's all very well people coming up with these hypothetical formations for players like Hazard and Kagawa but we know how Fergie does things; Rooney and Welbeck/Hernandez up front, Valencia and Nani/Young on the wings and two in centre midfield. Could either Hazard or Kagawa play centre midfield as part of a 3? Of course they could but only because in that formation they'd be given zero accountability in terms of doing anything defensively so the actual problem remains the same and that's relying on Carrick, Scholes, Anderson, Fletcher & Cleverley to do the actual midfield work.

Doesn't matter who we sign out of Kagawa or Hazard the end result will be the same, they'll play from the wings 9 times out of 10.

Hazard: "My agent has met with Manchester, and with Chelsea, they both give good offers, and are both great clubs"

Sorry, what club are "Manchester"? :p

I bet we're not even in the running for him at all.

I'm fully prepared for disappointment. You never know though!

I'd rule out Chelsea however, just on the basis that they definitely won't win the Premier League next season, even with Hazard. Anyone disagree?

I'll tell you my first thought at the idea of him telling us where he was going - since when do we allow players to announce our transfers? Then I let hope get the better of me and started to think it wasn't impossible :p.

What's Micky Hazard up to these days.......... Anyone?? :D

Last edited:
I'll tell you my first thought at the idea of him telling us where he was going - since when do we allow players to announce our transfers? Then I let hope get the better of me and started to think it wasn't impossible :p.

Yeah, someone said this on Twitter:

"He's definitely going to City then, Man Utd wouldn't be so unprofessional as to let a player announce the transfer like that." :p

It depends who they sign/what happens with Drogba/if Torres starts playing reasonably well! Kalou and Drogba could be leaving, but they've already signed Marko Marin, and Lukaku could actually make some appearances, next season. Their defence is undeniably solid, whilst their midfield is good (although some of the players are getting on a bit - eg. Essien - they have enough of a good age). The big question marks are over strikers, and the manager.

True, they could make quite a few top signings.

Torres is considering his future there though, and wants a meeting about it for clarification. He won't fancy staying if they give Drogba a new contract!

Torres needs to have a look at himself first, I'm sure all the promises about his role in the team weren't based on him continuing to be utter garbage for so long.

I see people are still hopeful of him coming to United. :p

I think it's obvious he's going to City.
I agree, if he's saying Chelsea have made an offer now I think it's most likely he's waiting on a decision to allow a bidding war to happen between the two clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom