** ALL NEW (WITH RULES) Summer Transfer Window 2012/2013 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now look at him. Signing a ten-year contract to stay at Spurs, his one true love, on a reduced wage, despite Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester City all bidding £125m for him.

Legend.

cripes don't tell moses!

anyway, who knows what will happen but if he's happy and grounded, no one has a right to judge him tbh. if he wants to visits his folks, play the game he loves and still obtain a wage only most of us could dream of, fair play to him. or would you rather he took hazard's attitude?

Sheffield Wednesday have agreed a deal to sign international goalkeeper Chris Kirkland in July. :cool:

Signed a two year deal; could be a good deal if he can maintain his fitness.

Frank, Hazard has proven himself in the CL as well as Ligue 1, and Ligue 1 is the closest in Europe to our league in terms of pace, physicality and technique. Now they have PSG I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more billionaires go over and the league could be very close to ours soon.

Also, Hazard led his team to a league win (with a relatively small team), and the main thing is that he's blatently more talented than the likes of Bale.

Sheffield Wednesday have agreed a deal to sign international goalkeeper Chris Kirkland in July. :cool:

Signed a two year deal; could be a good deal if he can maintain his fitness.

He'll be injured all the time anyway.

I've heard you lot are after Koumas and Klasnic as well, any idea if it's true? :eek:

He'll be injured all the time anyway.

I've heard you lot are after Koumas and Klasnic as well, any idea if it's true? :eek:

Yep.

Also hearing rumours that we're close to signing; Bechio from Leeds and Moxey too from Palace.

Klasnic rumour I think I mentioned previously! Would be a good signing if true.

:eek: if he can keep fit that could go down as signing of the season!! Should be a class keeper in the champ next year

tbh I think that'll go to whoever picks up Craig Gordon, again providing he can stay fit.

I think they're both potentially good keepers, but massive questions have to be asked over their ability to remain fit.

Except you're losing money, every year, outside of player trading...

3%2BTottenham%2BProfit.jpg

And do you see in the 2011 column, where it says 39 (£39m) in the cups row? Good luck not losing horrendous amounts of money without that. (Before player trading, you lost £7.2m, when you had £39m of cup revenue [~£37m of money from Europe is included that year's finances]...)

your obsession with spurs confirmed, i'll make it easy for you by saying spurs are high on the solvency index and do not need the transfer money.

but hey, atleast you've let your ridiculous contract/transfer frame of mind go.

And do you see in the 2011 column, where it says 39 (£39m) in the cups row? Good luck not losing horrendous amounts of money without that. (Before player trading, you lost £7.2m, when you had £39m of cup revenue [~£37m of money from Europe is included that year's finances]...)

Spurs can't really buy without selling. I wouldn't be surprised if Modric is sold to make way for a couple new players. But there is plenty of deadwood to free up some money, players like Gio, Pienarr to Everton (one of the highest earners) and Gomez while not making much money will take a bit of pressure of the wage bill. If only we could flog Bentley and Jenas we would be laughing, but there isnt much chance of that happening, maybe Bentley to MLS if we're lucky. Need the new stadium badly to increase revenue.

Porto striker Hulk is attracting interest from Chelsea and four other Premier League teams, according to his agent.

The Blues have long been credited with an interest in the Brazil international and the new European champions could be in the market for a striker following the departure of Didier Drogba.

Hulk has an eye-watering €100million release clause in his contract with Portuguese side Porto but appears ready to move on as he craves glory in the UEFA Champions League.

His agent, Teodoro Fonseca, insisted that no offers have yet been made for the powerful forward, but that he will begin working on his client's future in the coming days.

"No offer has been made yet, there is interest but it has not gone beyond that yet. I will start to deal with that next week," Fonseca told Lancenet.

"There are four other English teams interested in signing him, besides Chelsea.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7774278/Chelsea-interested-in-Hulk

Here's a player I'd like to see in the Premier League.

I'd like to see Hulk in the PL as well, he does seem at least to be one of the most natural replacement's for Drogba Chelsea could get. I could see City being in for him as well albeit maybe not a priority signing (which would obviously not be the case if it was us that was interested ;))

tbh I think that'll go to whoever picks up Craig Gordon, again providing he can stay fit.

He is in theory the free transfer prize, but his fitness concerns are really bad! Plus he'll be commanding a much bigger wage than Kirkland...

As a guess I'd see him at QPR if they realise that Green on a free isn't worth 50k a week.

They don't need transfer money? Those figures show they'd make a loss in 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011, without player sales profits... (a substantial loss in each of those years, too...)

Spurs rely on being a selling club ;).

do you understand football finance and the word 'solvency'? i mean, you can't get your head around how a market value works so i'm guessing probably not.

you worry about your club (whoever the heck they are) and i'll, or rather lewis and levy, will worry about mine.

3%2BTottenham%2BProfit.jpg

They aren't in a particularly profitable situation since Harry has pushed the wages up over 90mil from a MUCH smaller amount before him(this is Harry's MO, buy for 3 years, kill wages, destroy a clubs profitabiliy and flee before the firesale(if said club can offload high wage players) and downfall of the club).

However, you're wrong, you say they made a 7.2mil loss BEFORE player trading, player amortisation is player trading and it was worth 39mil.

It would be hard to go around and tally up which players bought when are included in that, but you can see from the previous amounts that they went up massively 4 years ago, which is when their spree started IIRC. In really only 1-2 years time max that will drop to very very little with most of the big buys gone from that and most of the recent buys have been much smaller.

Basically the hugely heavy 07/08 spending is responsible for the huge amortisation costs(40mil basically for the past 3 years), which will disappear to almost nothing in a year. The more recent buys that will still be on there will be, 5mil parker at 1.25mil a year for 4 years probably, 8mil VDV, probably 2mil a year for another 2 years.

Wage wise, they CAN do a lot about it, Bassong, Hutton, Bentley, Corluka, Pav, maybe Defoe, Kracjar, likely Pienaar, Gallas will be close to retiring, Freidal.

It's still not pretty, if Redknapp had sold players properly and never bought the likes of Pienaar then they'd have had more profit in the past couple years and be more capable of buying big off their own profits.

For Spurs, its a fairly easy fix, just sell all the guys Redknapp doesn't bother selling fixes half their problem, and older bought players cost disappears in the next year or so making a nice 30-35mil lower yearly spend for them.

THe slight difference between Spurs and Harry's older clubs is, Pompie were **** and he gave huge wages to players no where near good enough, to a club vastly less profitable which killed them, West Ham, Pompie, Southampton(to a lesser degree due to lack of time there you would hope? not quite sure where their financial problems came from, Harry or loads of places?), and Spurs. Again the difference is at Spurs due to being a top 6 club, he was buying players and handing out wages to players at FAR closer to their real value. Giving Kanu 60k a week to never play at Pompie and giving Pienaar the same is very different, no one anywhere wanted Kanu, Pienaar is very sellable.

I assume you realise that all those books, all that money on player amortisation basically covers 150mil of spending, and they only posted a loss in ONE of those years? They've spent 150mil AND stayed in the black during their heaviest spending every, where only City and Chelsea have outspent them, and they didn't make a loss, or acrue large debts, there are 2 clubs realistically that can spend like that and not post a loss in this league, Arsenal and Spurs.

Spurs now have the basis of a very good squad, they no longer need to spend 150mil every 5 years, once those player transfers are off the book they go back to being VERY comfortable, and can afford to buy again. If they can cut wages down by 15mil as well(which there is no reason they can't considering the guys they simply don't play), then you're talking about EASILY being able to buy a 20mil player from their own money.

Good business in the style of Newcastle and you can sell a "big" player for obscene amounts and buy as good a replacement for vastly less and both improve the team and make more money.

Bale and Modric are currently heavily over rated, Modric isn't likely to improve much, Bale could if he can find something that works for him or a manager who can get consistency out of him, either way neither is worth close to 40mil. Sell one for 30mil +, replacement at 10mil, an extra player at 10mil and sell the rubbish and Spurs are one of the healthiest and least debt ridden clubs in the league.

Redknapp is certainly hurting them wage wise, their wages are rising as fast as Arsenal are and can't be sustained, and both clubs carry a bunch of players that don't get played and offer nothing to the team and both managers refuse to get shot of them and save 10-20mil a year. Arsenal have actual debt, Spurs don't, but Arsenal have a hugely higher revenue---- and higher costs and MUCH higher wages to go along with it.

Both are exceptionally well run clubs financially, both could be more profitable with managers making better choices, neither is in the slightest bit of trouble.

Last edited:
Also, re: the whole market value/transfer fee thing - you were the one who was unable to engage in a proper debate :o. You couldn't give a rational reason for Bale having a £40m value... or demonstrate how that's his market value.

well i did. it's not my fault it can't sink in with you.

Ah, true... but then the amortisation figure isn't going to go down, with 'Arry at the helm! Even if it does disappear, the Champions League revenues you have to take out of that are around the recent amortisation costs, anyway... so if you take away all the amortisation, and the Champions League revenue, they'll being making losses, again. And, as you say, the wage bill creeping up is going to do the real damage.

No, you didn't. Everyone was saying your £40m valuation was ridiculous, so you obviously haven't convinced anyone...

yeh, we wont get a penny from being in the europa.

and i think the vast majority of others here understand market value, or, are you saying people on a computer hardware based sports forum know more about market value than the actual people involved in the industry. heck, maybe i plucked the figure of £40m out of the sky, i've changed my mind, i now value gareth bale at £80m! did you read that i've changed my mind, yes, me on a forum who posts the figure of £40m that i read in numerous papers and the £45m spurs reject from chelsea last year and am supposed to justify the figure but can't but i do explain to you about market value. but it doesn't matter cos no one's interested in him anyway, are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom