** ALL NEW (WITH RULES) Summer Transfer Window 2012/2013 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
~£10m. Great. A quarter of the Champions League revenues (money you can't afford to miss out on).

The rejected bid was for Modric, not Bale... so that doesn't mean Bale's worth £40m. The Downing transfer doesn't, either (as I already explained). Nor does the Carroll transfer (as I already explained). Nothing you said gave any substance to the £40m figure you whacked on Bale.

so you're sniffing at £10m for us to compete in a competition where we'll run out a b team. ok.

this is where you're getting confused, i haven't whacked the figure on bale, levy has, infact it's more likely to be £50m. i've explained to you, quite well, why, due to market value. i've also stated i feel the english transfer market is bonkers by concurring with another poster on the subject. this is down to market value.

i mentioned modric as if we were that desperate for transfer money, which you say keeps us afloat, we'd have sold him. so, why didn't we sell him and clear over £25m profit?

sign him up 'arry. if we can afford him that is. from the daily mirror, moses.

Loic Remy still wants to join Spurs despite their failure to reach the Champions League - as long as Harry Redknapp stays as boss.

The £22million-rated striker’s stance leaves the north Londoners on the verge of a second major transfer coup. Chairman Daniel Levy is already in Amsterdam sealing a deal for talented Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen, who has also made it clear he is not bothered about Tottenham not being in the Champions League.

Now Remy, who met with Spurs representatives last week in Paris, has insisted he is more concerned about who he will be playing for if he switches from Marseille to White Hart Lane.

Redknapp still has not yet been offered a new deal despite the fact that he has just one year left to run on his current contract.

Having guided the club into the top four for the second time in three seasons, Spurs were left heartbroken as Chelsea beat Bayern Munich to claim the Premier League’s fourth Champions League spot.

But Redknapp’s reputation remains strong enough to attract two players that will leave fans optimistic about their chances of breaking back into European football’s elite club competition next May.

Remy has hit 14 goals and six assists from 43 appearances in all competitions this season. He has already played in the Champions League this year, finishing second with Marseille in Group F which was topped by Arsenal.

Marseille went on to be put out at the quarter-finals stage by beaten finalists Bayern Munich.

All that remains for the Vertonghen deal to be concluded is for the two clubs to agree a fee with Spurs prepared to pay £10million but Ajax demanding £12.1million.

Vertonghen has already told the Dutch giants not to bother entertaining offers from any other club as he is only interested in moving to White Hart Lane.

Because that £10m still leaves you tens of millions short...

You've been saying he's worth £40m. You've been saying you'll need a bid of £40m to sell him. I haven't heard Levy comment on specific fees...

And I'm explained why the past fees for Carroll and Downing don't mean Bale is worth their fees + a premium.

You will, soon enough!

short? i'd be asking liverpool and newcastle if they'd feel it was such a short coming. but oh no, i forget, you obsess with spurs.

you also haven't answered why we didn't sell modric if we were that desperate for cash? hey ho.

if you haven't seen levy mention a figure of £40m, i must have made it up.

Before we get into another banter thread situation, when Moses says queer, I believe (and hope) he means strange rather than calling you a homosexual.

Newcastle and Liverpool are a separate discussion. Start one on them, if you want :shrug:.

I haven't said you're desperate for cash... I'm saying that you make a loss every year, so need to sell players to cover that shortfall (and that's what you have been doing, every year).

Right, so we've gone from, 'BALE IS WORTH £40M' to 'okay guyz, i made it up randomly, herp derp'.

Of course. Now that's settled, let's all sit and be gay.

and you still wont answer why we didn't sell modric?

More twists and turns in the Eden Hazard situation. Arsenal have now had a bid accepted according to The Times... #AFC #FootballTweet

-_- we are the club he's been waiting for

Time to lodge that £35k p/w wage offer

Arsenal after Olivier Giroud... 8m Euro + Chamakh

So Arsenal are going to get rid of Chamakh and buy another striker for 8m Euro's who is effectively a French version of Chamakh... explain please?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom