** ALL NEW (WITH RULES) Summer Transfer Window 2012/2013 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
More reports saying Gaitan to United is done, rumoured £22m fee with Bebe also going the other way (other reports says one of Macheda and Patrucci could also be part of the deal)

Soldato
Where would we play him? Surely not part of a central midfield?

Left wing. I know not everyone will see the need for another winger but we are desperately short of good delivery from the left, Nani fanny's about too much when he's played there and we all know all Young wants to do is get it back onto his right foot and as for Evra what really is the point in all his Messi-esc runs when 9 times out of 10 he's just going to hit the first man with his delivery?

It wont hurt to have a 4th winger either given Giggs no longer has the legs to play out there and Park may as well be taken out the back and shot. Nani & Tony V for the right, Young & Gaitan for the left sounds good to me :cool:

All we'll need then is a centre midfielder but then we said that last year, and the year before that, and the year before that :p

Soldato
I can't see Utd spending that much on a winger, especially given their current options aren't terrible - they haven't got as much money knocking around as they used to IMO, £30-50million in a window seems to be about all they spend these days.

Especially as they are probably going to have to shell out a decent amount on a CM, that is unless they inject Scholes with more of whatever he's currently on and try and get another year out of him :p

Soldato
Really not impressed by Gaitan, and for £22m it's outrageous

Can't see it happening.

Well it certainly looks like it is happening, far too many reports over the last 4 months or so for there to be nothing substantial behind it

I haven't seen much of Gaitan but I'll admit what I have seen has been mixed so far for example I didn't notice him much in either game against us, he was pretty rubbish against the CSKA (I think that's who Benfica played) but he was the best player on the pitch against Chelsea in the first leg of that tie (I didn't see the second leg)

£22m seems the going rate to be fair, it cost £16m to bring Young to the club and that was with him only having a year left on his current contract, £6m more for a player who's probably got 4 odd years left? Like I said seems the going rate.

The real kick in the crutch will be if we do sign Gaitan for £22m and see someone like Hazard go to a PL side for £30m....

Man of Honour
Gaitan is meant to be able to play through the middle as well. He certainly looks good but 22 million good? Not really.

He's not the kind of player we need.

Soldato
4 wingers is a lot to keep happy when I doubt any of them will want to be a bench option. Maybe someone leaving?

You say that but if you forget Park & Giggs as 'options' for a moment and look back a couple of months we were down to 1 with both Young & Nani/Valencia injured (I forget specifically who was injured when out of Nani & Valencia). And right now the only one of the 3 actually playing well is Valencia (I'm taking Nani's pre-injury form into account when I say this)

Soldato
We'll see, I just don't think he's good enough for Utd - or rather, there are many players who are a better fit, I wouldn't be surprised to see Nani leave so he may be a replacement for the wings.

Soldato
We'll see, I just don't think he's good enough for Utd - or rather, there are many players who are a better fit, I wouldn't be surprised to see Nani leave so he may be a replacement for the wings.

A lot of people seem to think Nani's going to leave, I swear it's just due to him being Portuguese people assume he's going to want to play in Spain

Soldato
Unfrtunately I think Tom is right and Gaitan will arrive for that kind of money (which to me is far too much for the little he showed against us)

Much prefer to get two CM's from Bilboa or the like than another wide player (although its true Gaitan can play centrally)

Utd are desperately in need of CM's who can keep the ball glued to their feet and then pass it accurately, we have plenty of one or the other but neither combined in one player. TC looks promising but too early to tell (given the injuries he has suffered this season)

Given SAF's penchant for always giving youngsters 1 or 2 seasons at other clubs before bringing them back to the 1st team, I can see another striker being bought also, Im happy to give Welbeck another season or two, but we cant rely on him to get a decent goals/games ratio imo

Soldato
if its true fergie is getting closer to what we need, just one more position in field fergie!

watching youtube clips, his compilation videos seem to just be of him getting cropped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom