Altered Carbon

Caporegime
liked it stunning ladies in it :D i would love to put my stack in most of them :p

loved some of the ideas. only thing i didn't like much was the whole brother sister thing constantly cant do without you was getting tiring by the end.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
In the end, it's because Kovacs finds the ninja combat sleeve and it's much better for combat and stealth than the Ryker sleeve. Why wouldn't he double sleeve if he expects to die in the attack on Head in the Clouds? He pretty much pinches the idea from Dimitry.
I think you've got it the wrong way around. The sleeve he wore to Head in the Clouds was the same sleeve we saw him in all the way through the season. The sleeve he printed was the one he sent to the orgy. Something like "it was only fair, he technically hasn't had sex before" was said.

Soldato
I think you've got it the wrong way around. The sleeve he wore to Head in the Clouds was the same sleeve we saw him in all the way through the season. The sleeve he printed was the one he sent to the orgy. Something like "it was only fair, he technically hasn't had sex before" was said.

That's a change from the book, presumably because they didn't want to change from Kinnaman for the end sequence. In the book they find a ninja combat sleeve at Carnage's ship (after the Ryker grudge match and being rescued by Trepp). Kovacs dual sleeves into the ninja for the assault on Head in the Clouds and the killing of Kawahara, the other version of him goes with Miriam to her island. We don't see that part, as that version of Kovacs doesn't survive when they have to decide which version of him stays alive.

It makes more sense in the book, (I haven't watched the adaptation yet), I think they merged Tripp and Kawahara, and wanted to get the double-sleeve in, but still have Kinnamen play Kovacs for the endgame of the story. It makes more sense that we follow the assault on Head in the Clouds, as that's the version of Kovacs who's memories survive. In the end it's apt that it's the version of him that carries on has the memories of murder and revenge, rather than the woman he finds he could fall in love with.

The reason why it doesn't make much sense for the double-sleeving in the TV adaptation is because they've taken away the reasoning to do so by wanting Kinnaman to play Kovacs in the last scene, instead of introducing another actor to play ninja Kovacs and probably confusing the audience at the climax of the series.

Last edited:
Soldato
Loved this show. Thought it was a great mix detective meets sci-fi . The production must have cost a bit, and Martha Higareda, oh my....

Soldato
OP
Finally got time to start it yesterday got to episode 7, really enjoying it so far. I like how the world is built and set, multirace and cultural but doesn't draw attention to that and the swapping between different languages isn't hard to keep up with at all.

It's a shame they only seem to have the one set for the 'ground' level stuff, when they had the chase scene you could tell it was up and down the same few pieces.

Soldato
I agree with the comments about the below par acting and storyline that isn't really gripping.

I've been watching Fortitude recently which makes this look amateur. Netflix should have spent less money on CGI and more on actors.

Good premise but not so good execution.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Finished it last night, dropped off for me once the sister storyline started as I really struggled to believe that she'd do what she did just to try getting her brother back.

Shame that if this gets renewed for s2 we'll likely have a cast reboot no more Ortega :( as the next book is on another planet from what I read last night.

Back
Top Bottom