Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Had the Evri scam message a few days ago, using a 3rd party supplier (so item not shipped directly from Amazon). I've deleted the message now but it goes along the lines of 'Your order has been returned due to a problem with the address. You need to pay extra to have the parcel delivered, so click this link'. I completed ignored it because when I checked what I ordered and the carriers, the parcels were coming via DHL and Hermes. Both parcels were delivered but one actually came from via Evri. Could be just an error, or coincidence, but I haven't ordered anything from Amazon for a while and the possible scam message came through soon after one of the the items was marked as dispatched.

I wouldn't have clicked the link in the email anyway as I would have raised a ticket via Amazon to sort it, rather than paying anything more, but seems fishy like someone in the supply chain involved.

Reminds me to only order if 'Sold by' and 'Dispatches from' are both Amazon, a rule I had used for years previously due to issues using 3rd parties before.

Last edited:
Another DPD delivery, another headache.

Who thinks it will arrive, or have they decided they prefer its better to make me think its coming vs being honest that the driver couldnt be bothered and its another day?

Sent pre 12pm delivery.
Estimated 10am to 11.10am.
No GPS tracker. (seems common on DPD these days).

11.55am I contact DPD (at least they still have a number), and get told within hour depot will phone, but instead 2 minutes after phone call get an email stating the gun is broken and will be delivered vaguely "by end of day".

For reference the gun has been supposedly broken on previous DPD deliveries as well. :confused:

--

Rang them back, got someone honest this time, he pretty much admitted straight up when the checker changes to "Our driver is running a little behind and should be with you shortly" and they give the gun excuse it isnt coming. Cant find a way to get the depot number but it isnt that far from me, so might pay them a visit.

The amazon seller already agreed to refund me, so at least they handled it ok.

Last edited:
You actually asked for a refund because the delivery was a few hours late?
I paid for a service and didnt get it, the seller got refunded by DPD also so isnt out of pocket.

I didnt want to sit here all day as had things arranged so paid for morning delivery, and its still not here 5.45pm and have been told by DPD to wait until 8.30pm, which is unacceptable. It wont arrive today, I will be lucky to get it tomorrow, so its a bit more than "a few hours late".

If DPD cant fulfil morning deliveries then they shouldnt be offering it.

If we all just accept it, no wonder its a race to the bottom.

I paid for a service and didnt get it, the seller got refunded by DPD also so isnt out of pocket.

I didnt want to sit here all day as had things arranged so paid for morning delivery, and its still not here 5.45pm and have been told by DPD to wait until 8.30pm, which is unacceptable. It wont arrive today, I will be lucky to get it tomorrow, so its a bit more than "a few hours late".

If DPD cant fulfil morning deliveries then they shouldnt be offering it.

If we all just accept it, no wonder its a race to the bottom.
How dare you request a refund because you didn’t receive the service you paid for!

You actually asked for a refund because the delivery was a few hours late?

If I paid extra for special delivery which is guaranteed by 1pm I feel I’d be within my right to get money back if they didn’t fulfill the service I paid for.

It’s something that Royal Mail provide when you supply proof of postage.

DPD and other carriers charge a premium for express deliveries before a certain time, so if someone pays for a service and doesn’t receive it they are well within their rights to get a refund.

It wont arrive today,
I had a lady complaining at me when I worked retail with a similar statement. She had paid for 8am-11:30am delivery. It was 11:25 when she was in store complaining. Turns out she missed the delivery and just wanted to shout at me.

Ya sure you didn't sleep in? ;)

I had a lady complaining at me when I worked retail with a similar statement. She had paid for 8am-11:30am delivery. It was 11:25 when she was in store complaining. Turns out she missed the delivery and just wanted to shout at me.

Ya sure you didn't sleep in? ;)
I gave it almost an hour past the window, and waited until just before the midday cutoff, and I have been up since about 7am.

Its also not a "missed delivery". The tracker actually says its still out for delivery and is delayed (a little).

I also have an email from DPD saying they had a gun problem.

Nope I didnt sleep in. :rolleyes:

Spoken EXACTLY like someone who slept in...
I suppose I doctored this up as well right?

ZrcQGCv.png

To be fair I missed the crucial detail that it was it was a paid for morning delivery. That wasn’t entirely clear in the post.

In that case, yes I’d probably complain but I don’t think I’d be doing that at 11:55 that day and posting on OCUK at 13:22.

Last edited:
To be honest if it is a one off I just shrug and move on with my life, if it is something which happens semi-regularly though another matter.

To be honest if it is a one off I just shrug and move on with my life, if it is something which happens semi-regularly though another matter.
DPD is possibly the worst courier in my area now, its regular now sadly. It also wouldnt be as big as a deal if they were up front and told me it wasnt getting delivered then it would have freed my day up.

On the app it shows a missed delivery logged in the morning during the hour slot, which contradicts what the webpage and email was telling me. I was sitting on the other side of the wall next to my front door.

Today there is a GPS, a progress tracker and its a different driver so maybe it will show up.

I cant say I have had any major issues with any of the big players or the smaller players for small parcels.

I’ve had a few palletised deliveries go wrong with damaged items but that was usually due to the sender or a factory defect rather than a courier issue.

Bought a office chair in the prime sale (actually a decent price it's never been that cheap), apparently they had too many orders and not enough stock. They gave me a £10 gift voucher for the delay (which I redeemed on the order to get a refund). They say should only be a few days for dispatch while they get stock deliveries.

I'm not a prime member I just use 30 day free trials on a throwaway email when I want something quick (or in this case exclusive to prime). I do locker collection for free for anything else.

Last edited:
Had a classic a week or two back when a seller used yodel (who I thought were extinct) to deliver a packet of flexible adhesive.
Message from seller didn't mention yodel, but gave a date I would be in. In the meantime yodel arrive two days early, receive no reply and leave parcel in the front garden, where through lack of any coms that it was there, it remained for 2 days in the rain.

Amazingly the package wasn't affected by the rain.

Still in order of good to crap for us is:
Evri
Amazon
DPD
================
Royal mail
yodel
DHL Local

Got 36 rolls of Andrex through Amazon Vine today, not sure why they needed anyone to review toilet roll nor why anyone would read a review of toilet roll, but it's £26 worth so I'll gladly oblige!

Back
Top Bottom