Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Soldato
I don't understand why people think they are entitled to a partial refund if the price drops after they buy something.

It's like the retailer contacting you and asking for more money if the price goes up post purchase.

Exactly.

I bought an E-Bike the other day for £845, the next day the shop whacked the price up by £100!

They'd of gotten short thrift from me if they'd asked for an extra £100 after the event! :p

Soldato
Put simply. Females can't be trusted :D

I jest ofc.

You jest but there are shops which have... generous return policies and they even take back underwear.

Maybe charging is a way of keeping a decent return policy but also encouraging people to not take the ****.

Last edited:
Soldato
I ordered an oil diffuser and it broke after 2 months. Warranty says 6 months but there is no one to contact... no website for this "brand" and the amazon seller is a reseller.

Is there anything I can do besides buy another one and pack the old one into the new box and say it doesn't work I wanna refund?
You could try the a-z refund route. I would contact Amazon and explain the situation.

Soldato
noticed the prime video ads ramping up, always get a pre-roll, and the ad volume is annoyingly louder than the content.
Its going to get very bad if twitch is an example of whats to come. Twitch has to be the worst ad infested platform I have ever used. Owned by amazon.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Seen recently in the news a female clothing outlet, pretty little things or something, are charging for returns O_o, and recently started banning customers who made one return in a year.

I think this might highlight how bad things can be at other retailers.

It is difficult. I often buy two sizes and return the one that doesn't fit.

Apparently with that PLT website many say size is very variable within them. And that a 10 in one garment isn't a 10 in another.

Charged returns are OK if its like 2-3 pounds and you're buying 100s of pounds of stuff. But if you're buying a pair of lace panties and that's it.. Its a off putting.

Soldato
just after 11 I noticed I was 1 stop away, for about an hour and a half the driver has been going up and down side streets in a loop, occasionally parking in cul de sacs, and with no progress still 1 stop away.

Delivery systems really need a way for customer to contact driver to ask them what they playing at. Just now he has entered another cul de sac presumably to park up in and have another break or something.

Man of Honour
noticed the prime video ads ramping up, always get a pre-roll, and the ad volume is annoyingly louder than the content.

I just don't bother with Prime Video any more, but it is getting a bit of a joke on other platforms - quite a bit of content now I've got to "skip ad", "skip recap", "skip intro" before I even get to the actual content of a TV series episode :(

Soldato
Well spammed phone me on the chat, got them to ring me and they have agreed to contact the driver at least, never seen anything so odd on a tracker.

Soldato
I just don't bother with Prime Video any more, but it is getting a bit of a joke on other platforms - quite a bit of content now I've got to "skip ad", "skip recap", "skip intro" before I even get to the actual content of a TV series episode :(
Only two occasions I have been able to watch something on prime that isnt "pay us more to watch it your prime isnt enough" is EPL games, and two seasons of buffy, when I got to 3rd season all the seasons changed to pay per view like most of the rest of the content.

Curious are they showing ads on pay per view?

Man of Honour
Only two occasions I have been able to watch something on prime that isnt "pay us more to watch it your prime isnt enough" is EPL games, and two seasons of buffy, when I got to 3rd season all the seasons changed to pay per view like most of the rest of the content.

Curious are they showing ads on pay per view?

Aside from renting a movie on there the other day, which didn't have ads, I dunno but I think most paid for content doesn't have additional ads like Prime content.

Associate
Well spammed phone me on the chat, got them to ring me and they have agreed to contact the driver at least, never seen anything so odd on a tracker.
I've seen that behaviour several times. Clearly must be some method of gaming the system but I'm unsure how it works.

...and today, no tracking info at all. Just 'Out for Delivery' with a (variable) 3 hour time slot. It got delivered at the last minute, no door knock/bell ring. Pathetic.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've seen that behaviour several times. Clearly must be some method of gaming the system but I'm unsure how it works.

...and today, no tracking info at all. Just 'Out for Delivery' with a (variable) 3 hour time slot. It got delivered at the last minute, no door knock/bell ring. Pathetic.
Not long after the call (maybe 10 mins) it stopped and it switched to me being next delivery, then got delivered. Wonder how long it would have gone on for if I didnt pester them.

Associate
just after 11 I noticed I was 1 stop away, for about an hour and a half the driver has been going up and down side streets in a loop, occasionally parking in cul de sacs, and with no progress still 1 stop away.

Delivery systems really need a way for customer to contact driver to ask them what they playing at. Just now he has entered another cul de sac presumably to park up in and have another break or something.
I'm glad you got it sorted in the end, but can you imagine how many people would pester the crap out of the delivery drivers asking "where are they?" or "what time will I get my stuff as I have to go out?" if there was a direct connection to drivers?
They'd spend more time answering calls and messaging, then getting further behind on deliveries increasing the chances of more people sending messages.

The Amazon drivers have it much worse as they're always tracked. One ex-colleague left to go work for Amazon as a driver. Worst mistake she ever made she admitted after leaving Royal Mail. Longer days, worse pay and conditions and having to pay for van rental and fuel.

Soldato
I'm glad you got it sorted in the end, but can you imagine how many people would pester the crap out of the delivery drivers asking "where are they?" or "what time will I get my stuff as I have to go out?" if there was a direct connection to drivers?
They'd spend more time answering calls and messaging, then getting further behind on deliveries increasing the chances of more people sending messages.

The Amazon drivers have it much worse as they're always tracked. One ex-colleague left to go work for Amazon as a driver. Worst mistake she ever made she admitted after leaving Royal Mail. Longer days, worse pay and conditions and having to pay for van rental and fuel.
At the very least though there should be a call centre someone can ring who has the power to reach the driver, in the end amazon handled it ok, but other couriers they are more aggressively preventing intervention on the day. I have even had DPD claim they have no way to get hold of the driver implying a refusal to intervene on the day and instead the stupid "we try again tomorrow".

Associate
At the very least though there should be a call centre someone can ring who has the power to reach the driver, in the end amazon handled it ok, but other couriers they are more aggressively preventing intervention on the day. I have even had DPD claim they have no way to get hold of the driver implying a refusal to intervene on the day and instead the stupid "we try again tomorrow".
You'd still be in a similar situation with people in a call centre ringing the driver asking when are you going to delivery 123 Baker Street. But in reality (A) Amazon won't pay for the kind of customer service and (B) It would slow the deliveries down.

I used to occasionally get rung by my manager at Royal Mail asking when I'd be delivering a parcel as the customer had rung the office asking as they had to go out, or that it wasn't exactly delivered on the dot when the time said (even though it's an estimated hour or two delivery slot, some still expected it at the start of that time slot). You multiple that by potentially hundreds of times per day, it would cost more in both time and money, thus never going to happen in the real world.

I can see the frustration from a customer side, but also why it's not feasible from delivery side as it would be abused and costly to intervene.

Back
Top Bottom