Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Associate
Too many issues with sellers on Amazon. I cancelled last two orders because of non-delivery, the latest was an item from Germany which is stuck in a DHL warehouse over there because of non-payment of shipping fees. I should have looked at the seller's feedback because the last half dozen are all 1-star stating no delivery of ordered items. Thing is, you see nothing of this history unless you go look via a convoluted menu system and who does that every time? The item description itself has great reviews so no info there. Have tried to get the issue resolved via Amazon direct but nothing but promises so far..

Man of Honour
Too many issues with sellers on Amazon. I cancelled last two orders because of non-delivery, the latest was an item from Germany which is stuck in a DHL warehouse over there because of non-payment of shipping fees. I should have looked at the seller's feedback because the last half dozen are all 1-star stating no delivery of ordered items. Thing is, you see nothing of this history unless you go look via a convoluted menu system and who does that every time? The item description itself has great reviews so no info there. Have tried to get the issue resolved via Amazon direct but nothing but promises so far..

It isn't the easiest system now as it is 1-2 more clicks than it used to be but I always check the seller on Amazon, it makes it fairly trivial to avoid seller issues in the main.

Sometimes when you have a lot of stuff in and out of your basket if you aren't careful the seller on some stuff can change when you don't expect it though.

Soldato
These advert things are really grinding my gears. Watching the latest season of Them and there are up to 3 interruptions within a 40min episode! These jokers are almost daring you to torrent shows which you have legitimately paid to stream.

Man of Honour
These advert things are really grinding my gears. Watching the latest season of Them and there are up to 3 interruptions within a 40min episode! These jokers are almost daring you to torrent shows which you have legitimately paid to stream.

I just don't even bother watching a lot of stuff now, wouldn't have even minded paying extra if they'd approached it right, but it was obviously done purely looking at Amazon's bottom line without consideration for the consumer whatsoever, no sweetener at all. If it wasn't for having other people where Iive using my Amazon household benefits I'd have cancelled entirely.

Last edited:
Soldato
I found a way to avoid the ad pause, load your video, skip to the end, it will play all 3 ads, then you go back to start and it will play ad free

Soldato
Amazon don't charge until they are ready to dispatch the order in my experience?

as said a few replies above yours I had an amazon order with a wild delivery estimate window and the actual item was delivered 2 weeks later.

If y ou have delivery charges for next day and its not delivered next day dispute them.

Something makes me think you did the prime trial wrong, don't forget to cancel it in your account as well.it stll stays active, it just stops it renewing .

don't forget the prime trial also gives access to amazon prime TV stuff

You know what, you were right. I don't know how, but it offered me 30 days free trial and I ended up with £4.49pm for 3 months.

Obviosuly something through the convoluted clicking train caused it to change to a different offer.

I have gone through the cancellation (other 3450 odd clicks).

Soldato
Crazy thing is, when people mark the seller down for courier issues, Amazon auto replies says courier problems are not the seller's fault lol.

But of course the seller chooses what courier company they use, and how fast they dispatch something.

Last edited:
Suspended
Crazy thing is, when people mark the seller down for courier issues, Amazon auto replies says courier problems are not the seller's fault lol.

But of course the seller chooses what courier company they use, and how fast they dispatch something.
I've just given up ordering stuff from the continent if I can avoid it now - really annoying as I used to order some trivial things regularly from Germany.

I see the issues at work quite frequently even using decent couriers although you do tend to get what you pay for when it comes to getting things through.

For example, in a shipment of 2, 1 box will get through fine then the 2nd one will be held for weeks. It's mental that this is still going on and it seems to be dependent on what side of bed the customs people got out of that day. It's a running joke at work. :)

Soldato

Amazon are slimy, they also pull this stuff with items sold by themselves, and then delivered by Amazon Logistics.

They seem to forget that contract is between the seller and the courier, with the buyer not being a party to it.

So if courier doesn't do their job right, it's on the seller to remediate with the buyer.

Associate
Well I'll see how this goes. Received a damaged item bought through Amazon Prime, a 50Ltr compressor in a wood-reinforced box. It had received a heavy impact on one end which bent the regulator assembly, stripped the thread on one component, and dented the air tank. Not repairable (not by me at least). Delivery van dumped it on my doorstep and ran - I was in at the time they never rang the doorbell or anything. Even the dogs didn't bark so it was pretty stealthy! Anyway, point is I had no opportunity to inspect the item. The packaging was insanely poor and this damage was certain to occur, if the regulator had not been attached maybe then the damage could have been avoided.

Contacted the seller and they expect ME to ship it back to them and they'll then issue a refund. I don't think so it's damn heavy. THEY can arrange a pickup and I've spoken to Amazon customer service to explain the situation. Amazon have told them to come pick it up. Let's see what happens.

Associate
Bought a lawnmower the other week. 6 days later, it's 35 quid cheaper. I go through the chat to try my luck getting a credit or something for the difference, and the only thing they'd accept is a full return, and re-order at the cheaper price. Talk about a complete waste of time and resources for everyone involved, compared to just doing a few clicks and applying a credit note to my account. I decided to just drop it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Are you sure it was the same seller or even being sold my Amazon?

£6 for delivery doesn’t sound like Amazon for a small package.
It was definitely the same item and supplier. I sent her the URL on my phone so she could place the order on her Prime account as I expected it to be at cost minus delivery and was surprised when it worked out more expensive.

I have screenshots too, but don't want to fall foul of the mods by posting them here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom