• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
Yeah, I think this has whats gotten me slightly annoyed. I run a small business that has a website, now I will never have it get as busy as OverClockers but... even I can set a stock level and stop taking peoples money when I've ran out of what stock I have.

I'd they hosted it on AWS they wouldnt have as much traffic issues, but there again its down to that cost.

Soldato
So we've been led to believe :(

Well that sucks. I might give up on this PC upgrade malarky for now, 2020 is nuts....

Then why am I bothering to be here? Way off the clock, trying to answer questions, if you guys don't appreciate my honesty and trust what I'm saying?

Should I not have bothered?

I appreciate it, there will always be those who love to winge and there's just a lot of disappointed people tonight. I think most rational people are able to see it's AMD who are the problem here though, you can't sell what you don't have. As for those complaining about the mark up, that's your business... I don't personally much like it of course, but that's your prerogative.

Would be nice if the website wasn't such a dog when these things happen though - I had a strangely loaded checkout screen 4 times before I could finally checkout by which time at 14:32 it was clearly too late.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I feel OCUK are far more transparent than other retailers (forum communication) If I can get a product I really dont mind paying a premium infact I prefer it, so would choose OCUK, tho my two main questions have not been anwsered. 1: why are you reselling stock instead of allocation. 2: lack of members grabbing a powercolor 6800xt today compared to the sapphire 6800 xt. I was pretty quick in ordering today, faster than most.

Sorry I don't understand question 1
question 2 is easy - we had more Sapphire than Powercolor and in my experience, our forum members have always been more drawn to Sapphire than any other AMD brand.

Caporegime
Heh.

Sounds like reference cards are a loss leader for benchmark purposes that AMD insists on the manufacturers making and retailers selling on threat of NO CUSTOM CARDS FOR YOU :mad:

No different to Nvidia. There were half the AIB cards with MSRP equal or less than an FE. Can anybody buy one at that price since the first 100 cards sold on the first day? Nope. But those MSRP will remain in reviews and benchmark comparisons for years to come.

Associate
sorry, percent...not pounds

If that's the case, I really don't think that a mark up to more than double the original lower margin is the answer to be honest. I don't know if it's lack of competitive procurement, sales and distributors being dictated by Caseking.de, or some other issues are at play, but if OCUK will not change and ether offer much more competitive pricing, or keep it as is, but offer bespoke and quality service, you will really struggle to compete with your main competition. Now, you have already done much, much better on communication transparency than @Gibbo did during the rtx3000 fiasco, so it's a start and he can definitely learn from you. I will not even address 8pack's Jaffa cake post....

Associate
If there really won't be any more of the reference cards available and AIB cards cost more than those this simply could just be AMD justifying it's MSRP for a short run and then letting AIBs inflate the price.

"Oh the reference cards you can no longer get are £620" or whatever :/

Associate
Sorry I don't understand question 1
question 2 is easy - we had more Sapphire than Powercolor and in my experience, our forum members have always been more drawn to Sapphire than any other AMD brand.

Its mentioned it another thread that you had extra 6800 cards and will become available tomorrow, why wernt they not just allocated today to the people that tried to buy the 6800. No point doing it all again tomorrow

Associate
refuse the delivery and raise a ticket in the supprot section of the forums. You'll get your money back minus shipping.
Just rubbish that I will still be out of pocket for returning because they charged more than they should. i'm torn whether to keep it or not to be honest, seems a good card, just annoyed at the extra cost simply because i Bought it here.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Just rubbish that I will still be out of pocket for returning because they charged more than they should. i'm torn whether to keep it or not to be honest, seems a good card, just annoyed at the extra cost simply because i Bought it here.

Did you not look at the price before you ordered? :rolleyes:

You could probably sell on ebay and make a tidy profit instead of returning.

Soldato
Did you not look at the price before you ordered? :rolleyes:

You could probably sell on ebay and make a tidy profit instead of returning.

I think that's a little unfair given we had no idea what UK pricing was supposed to be - lots of other sites were down/hard to access and there was hardly time to go browsing for the best deal with poorly loading pages.

He probably just thought that was the UK price, quickly popped his order in and only found out later that overclockers had been charging more than others.

Associate
@ScottiB on a different note, is there anyway to cancel an order that's already been shipped? not having a moan but I didn't realise how much more these cards were over the MSRP, I tried sending a webnote to cancel and tried calling but there was no answer (I can imagine it was very busy) and by the time I got through it had shipped.

I could go the scummy way and sell the card on ebay, but i'm not an as*hole.

Back
Top Bottom