• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
ocuk perhaps let us quote our canceled order numbers and details for id and let us order before they go online, that would give us a chance we have all probably missed out 3 times now here, what do you think ????, regards
We don't have the man power to manually process, potentially, around 700 orders,
* We can't give you the ability to pre-order, or indeed, even offer general information about, the cards before the NDA time.

Associate
Will the saph nitro 6800xt be going up for sale tomorow ?

:( its the only one with more than 2 display ports by the looks of it so Im tied to getting that, although it will be my 4th nitro in a row if I am lucky enough to get one.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Surely that's an idiotic move lol. Everyone will be pressing F5 from the moment they appear till the buy button appears.... Which will cause the site to crash again.
Not true, as I think ocuks hist provider has dynamic resourcing. So theoritically it should start to scale up the resources when demand increases (but there is a lag hence why you still get timeouts etc).

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Sorry to ask a prev asked question, are there going to be any reference 6800 or XT available tomorrow or next few days? (In addition to AiB cards)

Thanks

No, cards last week were a one time thing. Just aib from here on in.

Edit: read the post above about mid ref cards - must still be some left in the channel that wasn't originally allocated.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I'm dismayed at how much pent up demand there is for graphics cards- can't just be Covid reasons- people have financial uncertainty so how do people spend 600-1K on graphic cards? My whole mid range rig (RTX 2060) including 1440p high refresh 32inch curved monitor cost 1300 all in!!!

Was hoping to pick up a 6800 xt for 560 quid but hey ho, that wasn't to be...

I hope @Gibbo there are some links posted to forum members including this thread tomorrow? Otherwise I'll have to wait for Rx 7000

Not everyone has financial uncertainty.

Doctors, nurses, delivery drivers, builders etc are all raking if in atm.

Associate
Unfortunately we acted on the information that we were given by one of the most senior AMD representatives in Europe. With the AIB launch on the horizon it seemed more appropriate to get cancellations and refund processed as soon as possible than to hold out for something which we had been informed was not going to happen

I actually applaud it. I've been stuck 2 months waiting for 3080 TUF before I resigned, hence I rather not wait again for vaporware and instead try to snipe things with cash in hand to spend as needed.

Associate
Unfortunately we acted on the information that we were given by one of the most senior AMD representatives in Europe. With the AIB launch on the horizon it seemed more appropriate to get cancellations and refund processed as soon as possible than to hold out for something which we had been informed was not going to happen

@ScottiB well thanks for the reply. By the way, was that AMD Rep this guy by any chance ; ) LOL (20) Frank Azor on Twitter: "Just successfully ordered an @amd @Radeon RX 6800 for myself on https://t.co/MnReZDudwp. Required some refreshing to get the order through but it worked. https://t.co/0ERpS2BmnA" / Twitter

Frank Azor stole my card! B'stard!

Checked CC my account today no refund yet?

Associate
Lot's of overtime.

This is true, based on the NHS workers in my family. Yes hourly rates haven't gone up but, aside from the infection concerns at the start of lockdown, they have been glad of the overtime since there is nothing else to do. They've actually saved a lot of money as a result of extra income and lower outgoings.

Same with other people who haven't been furloughed. Although income isn't up, a lot of expenses are down, making expensive cards very attainable. Add in the lack of other entertainment and suddenly you can see why the demand is there.

Despite getting paid tomorrow and having a hefty bonus payment in that, I still don't think I'll be able to get a new GPU given the amount of demand. Nor would I want to with all the price gouging going on throughout the supply chain and across the whole market!

Associate
No, cards last week were a one time thing. Just aib from here on in.

Edit: read the post above about mid ref cards - must still be some left in the channel that wasn't originally allocated.
shame

I want a reference card as the are less than 290mm long! and will therefore fit into my daughters case. Also I would like a reference card for myself for a waterblock.

All the AIB's that I have seen are 325mm long!!!!!!

Associate
After getting lucky and paying over half a grand on the AMD Store on launch date there has been no updates on shipping or details on when we'll get our cards. No one at AMD knows whats going on and sending all sorts of replies out. Until today... some of us are getting the DHL tracking coming through.

Will update once I actually get it in my hands. Awful service from the AMD Store you'll just be left in the dark so be warned for anyone trying for the 6900XT.

Associate
After getting lucky and paying over half a grand on the AMD Store on launch date there has been no updates on shipping or details on when we'll get our cards. No one at AMD knows whats going on and sending all sorts of replies out. Until today... some of us are getting the DHL tracking coming through.

Will update once I actually get it in my hands. Awful service from the AMD Store you'll just be left in the dark so be warned for anyone trying for the 6900XT.
Thanks for the heads up mate. How did you manage to strike gold? Were you part of this mythical Red Team?

Associate
Thanks for the heads up mate. How did you manage to strike gold? Were you part of this mythical Red Team?

Haha no my friend I had a few tabs open to try and order this card (6800XT) and there it was after a refresh on AMD Store - 6800XT "in stock" with a big red button - added to cart - Paid via Paypal and done. So you think? wrong, if your address or other parts of your ordering process go wrong for example your address is wrong. You cannot simply change it as its all automated. So make sure the order is all good and confirmed all details correctly entered.

I raised a support ticket shortly after my successful order as it looked like my post code from my billing address went in as shipping address. Fortunately it was all OK. The AMD Rep replied today with you will have to cancel your order and re order with the correct details. :rolleyes:

DHL tracking number is there but no tracking details to show. Hopefully that gets updated as it travels. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Not everyone has financial uncertainty.

Doctors, nurses, delivery drivers, builders etc are all raking if in atm.

Been in my current job 20 years, honestly can't remember a time when we had more work on the board. Working 6 till 6 five days plus Saturday 6-12. It's the only reason I didn't mind paying the extra £70 they stuck on the 6800.

Back
Top Bottom