• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Confirms GCN Cards Don’t Feature Full DirectX 12 Support – Feature Level 11_1 on GCN 1.0, Featur

All this fuss over DX12 is laughable, the main culprits being people who upgrade their cards every generation or two anyway.

Greg you do seem to be going out of your way a little to try and shed AMD in poor light, what with the GTA shadow thread last night, the DX12 thread last week and now this.

Actually it's more to do with how people perceive the news. You can't really just shoot the messenger for relaying facts.

Especially considering there is actual confusion surrounding the level of vendor support up until the last month.

Actually it's more to do with how people perceive the news. You can't really just shoot the messenger for relaying facts.

Especially considering there is actual confusion surrounding the level of vendor support up until the last month.

That's not all he's doing though with some of the recent threads he's clearly trying to stir the pot.

In this very thread he called out DM then apologises a few posts later. Last nights GTA V shadow thread he makes a generalisation that the AMD shadow option is broken when in fact it isn't when AMD users have tested it.

That's not all he's doing though with some of the recent threads he's clearly trying to stir the pot.

In this very thread he called out DM then apologises a few posts later. Last nights GTA V shadow thread he makes a generalisation that the AMD shadow option is broken when in fact it isn't when AMD users have tested it.

Go easy Aya, he's hardly got a side he's picked. He owns both brands.

Also,how many DX12 games are confirmed for this year??
What does that have to do with it ?
And to be honest, by time that decent dx12 titles actually hit the shelf, think most 780/290 series user would be already upgrading to the die shrink next gen card?
I think Cat's point is that people are making to big a deal of the older cards not fully supporting dx12, when it would most likely be a non-issue in the end since by then people would already have left their 290/780 series cards behind and already on the new cards.

Last edited:

The point being, we were told Mantle is DX. It's clearly not. Yet when there was 2 games that supported Mantle there was 3.8 million threads about it. Now that DX clearly isnt Mantle and clearly no AMD cards have full support. It's now, there's no games anyway lol. I love this place.

Go easy Aya, he's hardly got a side he's picked. He owns both brands.

For some reason I've got a packet of plain digestives in the cupboard at home. They'll never get eaten. If anyone asks me what my least favourite biscuit is I'll truthfully tell them it's plain digestives. I also own a packet of chocolate digestives which I love.

Who cares, most of us will have moved on from our current GPUs by the time any worthwhile dx12 games are released.

Full support is a nice thing to have but that's about it right now.
^This

Quote for truth.

As a 290x owner I am interested on the performance of 980Ti and Fury not because I will be upgrading to them, but the bar that they set in terms of performance, so that I would know the minimum amount of performance I can expect for the true next gen die shrink graphic cards that hit next year :D

For some reason I've got a packet of plain digestives in the cupboard at home. They'll never get eaten. If anyone asks me what my least favourite biscuit is I'll truthfully tell them it's plain digestives. I also own a packet of chocolate digestives which I love.

Get some custard creams, you'll never go back :D

Make a cheese cake.... everybody loves cheese cake

It does seem easier to jump on me rather than discuss the actual article. People seem to feel this is an attack thread at their family members but if you read the original article, it wasn't me that wrote it and for as long as I can remember, it has always been fine to post news threads that concern graphics cards in the graphics forum. Caryy on with the digs and jabs by all means but it won't change the fact that the article clears up some misconceptions that people were earlier getting wrong.
  • No current GCN card fully supports DX12
  • DX12 isn't Mantle with a new name
  • Only 9 series Maxwell fully supports DX12

And whilst these things are clear, not sure if people are reading the article at all as a few are saying things like "not surprised it isn't supported on 2 year old tech" etc but the questions remain for the forthcoming Grenada and even the Fiji cards, "will the 290/x rebrands fully support DX12? Will even the Fiji card fully support DX12? These are questions that need answering and I would like to buy a newly released GPU that fully supports DX12 now and not miss out in 6 months or less time.

Edit:

And some are saying "Not any games out that support DX12" and "by the time DX12 games are out, we will be on newer tech" but that then goes back to people still using (and buying) 2/3 year old tech and what if the newer Grenada cards/Fiji cards don't fully support DX12 in 2 years time?

Last edited:
Tit for tat really. How long is it going to be before there's games built around DX12 anyway?

It's just the same brigade that always say you should buy AMD because of Mantle, or because of DX12 support, or because of HBM...

Back
Top Bottom