• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Confirms GCN Cards Don’t Feature Full DirectX 12 Support – Feature Level 11_1 on GCN 1.0, Featur

I'm going to point out; is hell the table he put out is wrong......so I'm pretty much guessing it click bait.

I'm going to see when and if people actually see it. Greg you posted a clickbait article that actually doesn't give any proof that AMD's confirmed anything...;)

His table is wrong; - doesn't give any actual proof on this ....so we're still sitting with we're not sure.....*well I know; but last time I shared anything I got jumped over it so I don't do it anymore*

Guessing it's a slow news day.

Exactly and typical wccftech.com click bait. Tired of the rubbish they make up on that site and then pretend ohh we said this months ago... blaa blaa the worst tech site on the internet is wccftech.com, I randomly read it and remind myself that most of it is fictional or it just winds me up. The writers on there are seriously on another planet. Worst part is they steal stories from other reputable sites and make out it was their findings. :rolleyes:

I'm going to point out; is hell the table he put out is wrong......so I'm pretty much guessing it click bait.

I'm going to see when and if people actually see it. Greg you posted a clickbait article that actually doesn't give any proof that AMD's confirmed anything...;)

His table is wrong; - doesn't give any actual proof on this ....so we're still sitting with we're not sure.....*well I know; but last time I shared anything I got jumped over it so I don't do it anymore*

Fair enough and ignore Robert Hallock if you like :)

Zzzzzz, so basically what you have discovered Greg with your obsessive research into DX12 is the new cards fully support it and old cards don't? I presume also you could have amended the the title slightly and changed GNC to Kepler and it would have just as relevant?

+1.

Obviously he omitted Kepler, not to paint NVIDIA in a bad light. Honestly, the devotion some forum members have to these giant companies is quite staggering. Each to his own though I guess :)

I believe is speaks volumes when there's no respective thread in this forum titled 'Breaking News - NVIDIA Kepler (700 series, Titan, Titan Black) won't fullly support DX12!!!...!!!'. There's no thread like that because it's obvious that only Maxwell fully supports DX12, and no AMD supporter has been foolish enough to post an attention seeking thread like that.

Last edited:
+1.

Obviously he omitted Kepler, not to paint NVIDIA in a bad light. Honestly, the devotion some forum members have to these giant companies is quite staggering. Each to his own though I guess :)

I own AMD as well as NVidia and will be getting a Fury X and regardless of what people think, I want to see AMD do well. I personally don't care about Kepler (been there and done that) and it is old and I omitted nothing and copied and pasted the article (minus the pointless pics).

But thanks for the input and for getting everything wrong :D

No one has been arguing over Kepler as it's been well known what level of support it will have. What has been the cause of much discussion is AMD and their dubious claims of full DX12 support (I had that very claim thrown in my face by certain people numerous times when presenting actual proof of their lack of support), which we now know to be as truthful as their PR usually is.

I own AMD as well as NVidia and will be getting a Fury X and regardless of what people think, I want to see AMD do well. I personally don't care about Kepler (been there and done that) and it is old and I omitted nothing and copied and pasted the article (minus the pointless pics).

But thanks for the input and for getting everything wrong :D

Actions speak louder than words. Lets take a little look at the latest forum threads you posted. I expect to see a relatively equal number of pro AMD and pro NVIDIA threads, since you claim yourself to be a AMD supporter also.

Threads created by Gregster:

1. AMD Confirms GCN Cards Don’t Feature Full DirectX 12 Support – Feature Level 11_1 on GCN 1.0, Feature Level 12_0 on GCN
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18674807

2. NVidia PCSS Vs AMD CHS GTA V
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18674758

"I thought I would try AMD's CHS (Contact Hardening Shadows) and I was quite surprised at how bad it was. As you can see from the video, it is a bit of a mess."

3. Nvidia’s ace in the hole against AMD: Maxwell is the first GPU with full DirectX 12 support
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18673604

4. NVIDIA Extends Record-Breaking Award Streak at Computex
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18673462

5. Nvidia – Upcoming Kepler Fix Will Increase Performance In Several Games
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18673735

6. Nvidia Explains Why Their G-Sync Display Tech Is Superior To AMD's FreeSync
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18662651

--------------------------------------------------------------------

As for AMD threads, just the one:

1. AMD Press Conference at Computex 2015 - AMD Graphics
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18674524

There's been a wealth of pro AMD content to post if one wished to - lots of exciting AMD news related to their upcomming 300 series/Fiji, VR and various other AMD content. Strange that we don't seem to see AMD painted in a positive light.

I'll let the readers deicide which company you really support :)

The GPU section just gets so needlessly confrontational. We are talking about lumps of plastic, metal and silicon, stop taking it all so seriously!

It's like anything in life. Think of it less about the particular product, but the part of a person that does not want to think they made an unwise purchase. They will go to great lengths to justify their own choice in product and trying to keep it's value.

This is why you see it less with people with larger budgets, i.e kids will argue night and day over which console is better, 'Playstation' VS 'Xbox' because they can only afford one of them so theirs must be the best.

You would think it would happen less with adults but unfortunately not.

Throw in shares, and people that are paid to shill and it can become messy.

Meanwhile I'll just keep buying the fastest an laughing at the fangirling :D

It's like anything in life. Think of it less about the particular product, but the part of a person that does not want to think they made an unwise purchase. They will go to great lengths to justify their own choice in product and trying to keep it's value.

This is why you see it less with people with larger budgets, i.e kids will argue night and day over which console is better, 'Playstation' VS 'Xbox' because they can only afford one of them so theirs must be the best.

You would think it would happen less with adults but unfortunately not.

Throw in shares, and people that are paid to shill and it can become messy.

Meanwhile I'll just keep buying the fastest an laughing at the fangirling :D

I guess your right Boom, its just frustrating that all the little nuggets of interesting news or useful information get lost in a cesspit of childish squabbling.

The GPU section just gets so needlessly confrontational. We are talking about lumps of plastic, metal and silicon, stop taking it all so seriously!

You know this. Anyone who actually knows me knows that I am an easy going chap with a massive sense of humour and really enjoys life. The way some react, it is as though I have insulted their family members. Comical really but sad in the same respect.

@Dave2150 - Busted me and you have sussed my plan to ruin AMD and I want to pay massive prices to NVidia for minimal incremental gains. You are too smart for me. :o

I guess your right Boom, its just frustrating that all the little nuggets of interesting news or useful information get lost in a cesspit of childish squabbling.

Yeah can be frustrating but it's funny to. I think things are more tense than usual because AMD have not launched anything in such a long time.

Once they get new products out, I expect things to go back to the norm. I.e a bit less petty. Arguing over bang for buck and who has better drivers.

I think both camps could do better, hats of to Nvidia though for giving us awesome performance with Titan X and 980 Ti, both are awesome. AMD deserve credit (Along with PCGamer) for giving PC gamers an E3 event. The first ever, and being the first to use HBM, this year not next year. I doubt they will get any credit though :p

You know this. Anyone who actually knows me knows that I am an easy going chap with a massive sense of humour and really enjoys life. The way some react, it is as though I have insulted their family members. Comical really but sad in the same respect.

@Dave2150 - Busted me and you have sussed my plan to ruin AMD and I want to pay massive prices to NVidia for minimal incremental gains. You are too smart for me. :o

I know you have a preference for Nvidia but I really don't think you have a personal vendetta against AMD like some seem to believe!

Yeah can be frustrating but it's funny to. I think things are more tense than usual because AMD have not launched anything in such a long time.

Once they get new products out, I expect things to go back to the norm. I.e a bit less petty. Arguing over bang for buck and who has better drivers.

I think both camps could do better, hats of to Nvidia though for giving us awesome performance with Titan X and 980 Ti, both are awesome. AMD deserve credit (Along with PCGamer) for giving PC gamers an E3 event. The first ever, and being the first to use HBM, this year not next year. I doubt they will get any credit though :p

Beastly new hardware from Nvidia, upcoming hardware from AMD sporting new tech, new API's that will benefit all, free upgrades to Windows 10, Steam refunds and Fallout 4 announced, we should all be doing the happy dance and not be at each other's throats! ;)

I agree that lack of info from AMD has raised tensions but all will be revealed soon. :D

I thought the biggest thing about this API was that it is going to utilise the CPU better?

Is 12_1 the last iteration of dx12? And what features can we see from it?

yes less overhead from dx12 12_0
more fps for same hardware.

win 10 comes out in 2 months.
Games supporting it will happen first with patched support and then created for it. Next year once 14/16nm die is ready smaller cards (Midrange) will have
better support based upon what game developers/microsoft etc..decides

I know you have a preference for Nvidia but I really don't think you have a personal vendetta against AMD like some seem to believe!

A sensible post!!! We will have none of that here. This is a local forum for local people :D

But yer, I love some good old fashioned wind ups and some good old fashioned banter but I guess when you are typing on a keyboard, that gets lost without seeing facial expressions (and I do lots of that).

Ohhh and I will be at I55 with the MLG crew and people are welcome to come and have a chat with me and find out that I am actually a real **** and old and crap at games :p

Back
Top Bottom