• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD GO WILD: VEGA 56 THE TRUE DEAL OF THE CENTURY AND IT JUST GOT BETTER!!!

Caporegime
Why do you think the UK would register for a channel primarily aimed at the US market? You ever see £ prices mentioned? Even then the UK price in $ terms wouldn't be the price mentioned in all the US channels.

Even in the UK, it is one place, where it is out of stock.

This is better than nothing, but nothing like 1660ti availability.

I very much highly doubt only one retailer in the entire U.S. would be the only place to sell these cards.

Soldato
I very much highly doubt only one retailer in the entire U.S. would be the only place to sell these cards.

Have you checked before making assumptions. Because I checked the big places after watching that video. He was right.

That price is only at ****** and oos.

edit:

rechecked, doesnt even show up on ****** as its dropped down the list of sellers.

Soldato
Mine runs hot - even with the side of the case off. It also squeals a bit under load. So I will definitely be undervolting, once I work out how.

OcUK Staff
OP

Well how wrong he is!

Two days prior to 1660Ti Launch AMD gave me a suitcase of money to drop our Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse to £279.99, which we did and that price is still live right now!
Also MSI offered us a deal on new stock of blower card and we could sell at £249.99, the stock should have arrived Friday but shall arrive Monday.

So yes AMD did move price, though in all honesty they did not need to the Sapphire at £299.99 would still be selling like crazy as its simply a faster card than 1660Ti, has a better cooler than most 1660Ti's and has three free games. But on the flip side AMD have gone from selling lots of Vega 56 to absolutely truck loads of them and thankfully in the UK all that business pretty much goes through OcUK so win win for us. :)

Soldato
Well how wrong he is!

Two days prior to 1660Ti Launch AMD gave me a suitcase of money to drop our Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse to £279.99, which we did and that price is still live right now!
Also MSI offered us a deal on new stock of blower card and we could sell at £249.99, the stock should have arrived Friday but shall arrive Monday.

So yes AMD did move price, though in all honesty they did not need to the Sapphire at £299.99 would still be selling like crazy as its simply a faster card than 1660Ti, has a better cooler than most 1660Ti's and has three free games. But on the flip side AMD have gone from selling lots of Vega 56 to absolutely truck loads of them and thankfully in the UK all that business pretty much goes through OcUK so win win for us. :)

What a time to be alive for mid range card buyers

Associate
I'm trying to work out whether to go for the Vega 56.

I've got an old build from around 2011/12 with AMD HD 6900 and a Core i5 2400k (I think, from memory, away from the computer at the moment) and 8GB RAM which has served well for casual gaming, I'm nowhere near as busy with games as I used to be (and have suffered from itchy fingers with the Steam sales leading to many unplayed games!)

Obviously the Vega 56 is a massive upgrade but will I notice it with that CPU bottleneck? I'm just wanting to be able to play modern games smooth, high settings at 1080 but nowhere near ready for a full upgrade (just had a new baby, other things to consider!!)

Soldato

I've got an old build from around 2011/12 with AMD HD 6900 and a Core i5 2400k (I think, from memory, away from the computer at the moment) and 8GB RAM which has served well for casual gaming, I'm nowhere near as busy with games as I used to be (and have suffered from itchy fingers with the Steam sales leading to many unplayed games!)

Obviously the Vega 56 is a massive upgrade but will I notice it with that CPU bottleneck? I'm just wanting to be able to play modern games smooth, high settings at 1080 but nowhere near ready for a full upgrade (just had a new baby, other things to consider!!)

I'd say grab a second hand 480 or 580 tbh. Vega 56 is a great card, but it's hot and power hungry and requires tweaking to get the best out of it.

OcUK Staff
OP
I'd say grab a second hand 480 or 580 tbh. Vega 56 is a great card, but it's hot and power hungry and requires tweaking to get the best out of it.

In some ways true, but if he is going to upgrade his CPU in a few months/year then Vega is a better option as it will unleash more performance with CPU upgrade and the under volting is relatively easy and remedies the power draw and hot running whilst further boosting performance.

It is a card that will game at 1440P max settings with relative ease, though the 580 is good it lacks the horsepower and memory bandwidth of Vega.

Associate

You would probably benefit more from an RX 580. It will be a huge improvement over your present card, and it's still overkill for most 1080p situations.

Sooner or later though, that processor is going to have to go. It's going to hold you back if you ever want to move into more high end cards.

OcUK Staff
OP
OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo - Any idea if AMD plan to go even "wilder" and have an offer on the Vega 64? I'm in the market for a card and I'm mulling over whether to get a Vega 64 or a Radeon VII.

No plans at present, more likely in a week or two the price on Vega 56 shall increase simply as stock will be low and no replenishment options.

SBD

SBD

Associate
No plans at present, more likely in a week or two the price on Vega 56 shall increase simply as stock will be low and no replenishment options.
Why no replenishment options, is Vega 56 EOL?

I'm tempted to buy one but I'm not home for another 2 weeks so I was thinking about waiting until I get back!

Associate
Why no replenishment options, is Vega 56 EOL?

I'm tempted to buy one but I'm not home for another 2 weeks so I was thinking about waiting until I get back!

Why wait? I doubt we'll see a better deal anytime soon; the mining craze may be over, but its effects on pricing surely aren't!

Man of Honour
Well how wrong he is!

This is the same tech reviewer that when discussing yearly financials of tech companies brushed over fortinet with "no idea what that is"... A tech reviewer dammit!

Man of Honour
I'm genuinely jealous of someone who doesn't know anything about Fortnite. :p

lol fortinet <> fortnite. Fortinet are one of the fastest growing tech companies in the last decade and provide firewall solutions, switches and networking gear. Some really nice stuff to be fair, I run some of their more consumer driven kit at home and more beefy appliances in a couple of offices and i've been really impressed with just how good they are.

Back
Top Bottom