• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
AMD sponsoring wow is bigger news than most think as shadowlands is going to offer raytracing so it could be the first game we see AMD raytracing Vs Nvidia

Once AMD has ray tracing their cards are going to be able to play any ray traced game that's out already. Metro Exodus, Battlefield V etc.

bru

bru

Soldato
In fact I don't think quite cool really does it justice. that is very, very cool. brought back all sorts of memories.:)

Soldato
In theory, it's all DXR, but things and stuffs

Yes, indeed, AMD have proven to be quite slow out of the gates getting new technology working properly. But, hopefully AMD have got their act together and their RT solution is working good from launch.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
MoO 3 is still crap. There was a new Master of Orion made in 2016.
Yea and many said that was crap to, pretty sure so did Kaapstad. Which is why I never purchased it. It is on sale for about £7 now on steam. So I am wondering did the devs do anything to fix it after the reviews came out or is it the same?

Soldato
It's getting annoying not hearing anything from either company about anything, no announcement of events even... Its getting long

Yes they are getting very good at controlling the information. I think they've realised there is an entire industry trying to find out what they're up to.

I do get the feeling that AMD fans are going to be more pleased than Nvidia fans this time. I think I may skip this generation as I have a 5700XT. I'd love to jump on a high end card that ray traces but I think my cash will have to be spent on other more mundane household bills instead.

Soldato
Yes they are getting very good at controlling the information. I think they've realised there is an entire industry trying to find out what they're up to.

I do get the feeling that AMD fans are going to be more pleased than Nvidia fans this time. I think I may skip this generation as I have a 5700XT. I'd love to jump on a high end card that ray traces but I think my cash will have to be spent on other more mundane household bills instead.
Yeah I have money saved from downgrading for one of these cards, but I only have to think what I could buy for that money instead and it becomes suddenly apparent that they better hurry up or my sensible brain will take over

Soldato
So what are we thinking, AMD to have a 200MHz clock speed lead over Nvidia? ;)

quite possible since they're already hitting 2100mhz in console APUs BUT what really matters is if there is a Teraflop
Lead. Then again it's worth pointing out that these new consoles are the most power hungry and biggest consoles ever launched. Consoles have gone from having the length and width of an iPad to the length and width of a small PC case and with it 300-400w TDP

Associate
quite possible since they're already hitting 2100mhz in console APUs BUT what really matters is if there is a Teraflop
Lead. Then again it's worth pointing out that these new consoles are the most power hungry and biggest consoles ever launched. Consoles have gone from having the length and width of an iPad to the length and width of a small PC case and with it 300-400w TDP

So the same TDP as Nvidia's next gen GPUs ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom