• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
One thing I'll say for Nvidia, with their push on ray tracing it has prompted a renewed effort for more performance. I can see this being a trend for a few years rather than touting the merits of efficiency and power saving.

Standard rasterization performance has stagnated. I feel like Nvida used ray tracing to distract from that fact while justifying higher prices.

Soldato
Sony just invested an additional 250 million dollars to epic games in particular for fortnite which will receive an update for the new Unreal Engine. The very engine we saw demo. This makes me wonder if the engine itself would be specifically tailored for the PlayStation 5.

Soldato
Sony just invested an additional 250 million dollars to epic games in particular for fortnite which will receive an update for the new Unreal Engine. The very engine we saw demo. This makes me wonder if the engine itself would be specifically tailored for the PlayStation 5.
PS5 optimisations for sure, but I can't see it being specifically for PS5.

Caporegime

And AMD hardware with it.

1440/30fps no RT incoming! :p

Soldato
1440/30fps no RT incoming! :p
Giancarlo Esposito will be in far cry 6 leaked in the playstation store. 2 versions, one for ps4 and one for the ps 5. Set to be their largest map ever!!!
The game will apparently be set in the largest Far Cry playground to date which will span jungles, beaches and Esperanza (the capital city of Yara). You will ply as Dani Rojas who is a local to Yara.

Ubisoft Forward takes place on Monday morning at 5am AEST. It’s likely that we will see the reveal of the game there.

Looks like the PC isn't the priority. No worries though, I'm sure we are included. But like you said 1440/30fps no RT incoming! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
If they're on PS4 also I can't see them being that great. We'll see proper next gen games once the old consoles are dropped.
They are different. Of course they're going to include last-gen. What games are they going to introduce that won't be compatible to current gen? Next-gen is going to have more "stuffs"

IE at a guess:
Ps4= bare bone, NO RT, lots of pop in textures..LOD -5 beyond 500'
Ps5= RT, Streamed textures, higher quality textures, etc

Last edited:
Caporegime
They are different. Of course they're going to include last-gen. What games are they going to introduce that won't be compatible to current gen? Next-gen is going to have more "stuffs"

IE at a guess:
Ps4= bare bone, NO RT, lots of pop in textures..LOD -5 beyond 500'
Ps5= RT, Streamed textures, higher quality textures, etc
Trouble with that is they're effectively developing two games.

And therefore a lot of devs aren't going to really put the required effort in (because cost). So you're more likely to end up with the lowest common denominator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom