• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Yeah I agree, I still think a 'high-end' card should start around the £400 area and the fancy strix type RGB nonsense can go higher if people want the bling.

We will have to see what AMD offer us on 28th as they typically compete with nvidia offering similar performance for less than theirs.

Which could still be £600. A massive increase from the £380 from the 5700XT.

Soldato
So, when AMD release this new card at a much higher price point than the card it's "replacing". By your own logic they'll probably have caused one of the highest gen on gen price increases. If we don't take into context what the 5700XT is, then we have to be extremely negative about the price increase surely?
That's a jump once again assuming I have to apply the same logic to a completely 100% different subject matter... I've not mentioned price at all, purely performance of the new card.

However, now you've muddied the waters and asked this question, then 100%, yes imho, it will possibly (subject to seeing the prices because we don't know yet and if a miracle happens and it's released at £499) be one of the highest price jumps from AMD gen on gen and yes (I'd expect that we'll be doubling the price), I will moan about any of the prices because the're ALL TOO HIGH and anyone that thinks any different that we should all be paying above £500 for a GPU ON IT'S OWN (in my opinion) is just so loaded or simply does not care... and it's a bit sad in a society where people live on the streets, people are starving and in the middle of a global pandemic that we are (myself included) willing to spray god knows how much money on a piece of hardware that we WANT as opposeed to we NEED.

Common sense says, well if I can buy a whole PS5, Xbox Series X for under £500... what's going on, we're paying way over the odds... and yes we are, that goes for both RED and GREEN. However, yes if AMD release their top tier card for lets for argument sake £999... it's disgusting and a rip off and we'll be paying 120% more than the card it replaced. We should ALL if we had any scrupples not queuing up to be ripped off by two companies...

... if every single one of us gamers, didn't buy a card for more than £300 in the world... AMD and nVidia would ultimately sell their 6000 and 3000 series at £299... but while people like us (and me included) carry on buying, they will charge what the hell they want.

That's a long winded answer to your question... yes I'll moan a lot. I've been banging on how disgraceful the 2080TI has been since it was launched and th 2080 Super... both cards are not in line cost wise with the rest of the stack... but people bought them so they stayed at that price.

UNTIL we get 3 or 4 or more GPU manufacters in the mix causing competitiion, this is the future and yes it's disgraceful. What I'd want AMD is to bring out their daddy card out at 5700XT prices, but we know that won't happen because of business.

Man of Honour
The more info we are getting the more I am thinking that this card is perfect to pair with my magnificent bulldozer based CPU.
Got to love the circle jerk in here, Yes I realise its an AMD thread but you should temper your expectations based on historical performance levels and not some leaks taken as "OMG EVIDENCE!"

I expect there will be a lot of back peddling and cap holding going on in 5-6 days. Which was the same thing that happened to Jenson and his fanboys.

You have no faith my friend. Join the jerk?

Associate

https://twitter.com/CapFrameX/status/1319674037686161411?s=20

26a1.svg
Update Big Navi Firestrike Ultra benchmark
6800XT AIB: ~12800 RTX 3090 FE: ~12400 RTX 3080 FE: ~10600 -> 6900XT: 14000??

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Yes what you have to recognise is that the 2080 ti and the 3090 are both outliers. They don't fit in with the pattern.

Thanks thats what I was referring to. So @Martini1991 I would look at the 980 + 1080 prices and see they still creeping up. If AMD werent a threat the 3080 would absolutely be £799 without a shadow of a doubt.

Caporegime
Are you even reading what I'm saying?
Obviously not.

Obviously What? that i'm reading your post's or that you're not ok with AMD jacking their prices up? because that is how your post reads and it makes no sense if AMD are also increasing their performance dramatically. You don't seriously expect AMD to move from mid level to top level and keep mid level pricing, do you?

Associate
The tech Youtuber with the quirky diction, RedGamingTech, in his last video said he has different TDP figures than Igor's 320W for the XTX.

He said the 6900 XT (Nvidia killer) has a 280W TDP according to a 'trusted sauce'. Now, this Brandon Lee lookalike is more trustworthy than most, he was the first to assign 'Infinity cache' to RDNA2.

Caporegime
Obviously What? that i'm reading your post's or that you're not ok with AMD jacking their prices up? because that is how your post reads and it makes no sense if AMD are also increasing their performance dramatically. You don't seriously expect AMD to move from mid level to top level and keep mid level pricing, do you?

You haven't understood what I've said at all.

I'm saying that we can't compare the 5700XT to the new GPU in either price or performance because it's not of the same class.

If we want to compare the performance, then you have to compare the price too.
You can't take the performance improvement over the 5700XT without the price increase either.

So you judge the new card in isolation against the competition.

Associate
So uhh thanks for this pointless post, were all happy and glad for you.

You can see its a slow leak day by the amount of utter drivel being spouted in this thread today, and the countless other numpties adding nothing to the thread with their drivel.

Hurry up Wednesday so we atleast get an idea of price, availability and potentially performance

Ray Tracing is so important to him that he skipped the 20 series :p

Man of Honour
The tech Youtuber with the quirky diction, RedGamingTech, in his last video said he has different TDP figures than Igor's 320W for the XTX.

He said the 6900 XT (Nvidia killer) has a 280W TDP according to a 'trusted sauce'. Now, this Brandon Lee lookalike is more trustworthy than most, he was the first to assign 'Infinity cache' to RDNA2.

If the power delivery on the supposed leaked PCB is anything to go by it is anticipated to be more than 280W at least on some models...

Caporegime
Thanks thats what I was referring to. So @Martini1991 I would look at the 980 + 1080 prices and see they still creeping up. If AMD werent a threat the 3080 would absolutely be £799 without a shadow of a doubt.

I don't doubt competition improves prices.
But if we compare gen on gen as far as prices go, it's worse for AMD.

Which is why they need to be in isolation to the current generation, RDNA 2 versus Ampere on both price/performance.

Soldato
An '80 class card from Nvidia has averaged $665 dollars with the cheapest being the 980 at $549 and the most expensive being the 2080 at $800.

A '70 class card from Nvidia has averaged $460 dollars with the cheapest being the 970 at $329 and the most expensive being the 2070 at $599.

We all know the Turing series was expensive, and the Ampere series has actually reversed some of this because the 3080 is $699 and the 3070 is $499.

AMD's higher end GCN cards (Vega, RadeonVII) were behind compared to Nvidia. The RDNA1 range didn't improve on performance from the GCN range by much, but it did drop prices. Prices on RDNA1 were comparable (perf to perf) to Nvidia's Turing super range. But AMD didn't have a card to compete with the higher end Turing.

There is no real evidence to suggest that AMD would price their cards much cheaper if they were competitive with Ampere, as they've not had a card at that position in the market for some time.

Personally Im expecting similar prices, but hopefully being actually able to get one.

Caporegime
That's a jump once again assuming I have to apply the same logic to a completely 100% different subject matter... I've not mentioned price at all, purely performance of the new card.

However, now you've muddied the waters and asked this question, then 100%, yes imho, it will possibly (subject to seeing the prices because we don't know yet and if a miracle happens and it's released at £499) be one of the highest price jumps from AMD gen on gen and yes (I'd expect that we'll be doubling the price), I will moan about any of the prices because the're ALL TOO HIGH and anyone that thinks any different that we should all be paying above £500 for a GPU ON IT'S OWN (in my opinion) is just so loaded or simply does not care... and it's a bit sad in a society where people live on the streets, people are starving and in the middle of a global pandemic that we are (myself included) willing to spray god knows how much money on a piece of hardware that we WANT as opposeed to we NEED.

Common sense says, well if I can buy a whole PS5, Xbox Series X for under £500... what's going on, we're paying way over the odds... and yes we are, that goes for both RED and GREEN. However, yes if AMD release their top tier card for lets for argument sake £999... it's disgusting and a rip off and we'll be paying 120% more than the card it replaced. We should ALL if we had any scrupples not queuing up to be ripped off by two companies...

... if every single one of us gamers, didn't buy a card for more than £300 in the world... AMD and nVidia would ultimately sell their 6000 and 3000 series at £299... but while people like us (and me included) carry on buying, they will charge what the hell they want.

That's a long winded answer to your question... yes I'll moan a lot. I've been banging on how disgraceful the 2080TI has been since it was launched and th 2080 Super... both cards are not in line cost wise with the rest of the stack... but people bought them so they stayed at that price.

UNTIL we get 3 or 4 or more GPU manufacters in the mix causing competitiion, this is the future and yes it's disgraceful. What I'd want AMD is to bring out their daddy card out at 5700XT prices, but we know that won't happen because of business.

You're going to be extremely disappointed then going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom