• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Prices are what the market dictates and thats very high prices just now. Nvidia and AMD are both starving the market and all we have is hype. Nvidia has released their cards but a tiny few leaving everyone desperate to get one, they will get shafted way over the RRP.

AMD is drip feeding us info to create the same hype with both CPU's and GPU's again the prices are going to be way over RRP for the first batches released.

I am not playing their game, I have waited nearly 7 years to upgrade I can wait a bit longer. When all the desperados have got their overpriced CPU's and cards the prices will come down.

If they don't come down then I will just buy a console for half the price of a mid range GPU. They really are pricing themselves out of the mid range market.

Soldato
Holy **** I have been on the default of 20 posts per page lol thanks @Vince :o

Gonna need some ray tracing on it now to make it shiny. The refraction's will make me see your posts at the right angle (see more posts).
Tjat's what I have and tbh I can only take 20 posts in this thread at a time so, same here closing in on 800 pages... no way can I handle 200 posts er page rofl

Associate
Just speculation...
There is infinity fabric in ryzen processors
There is infinity fabric in NAVI
Infinity fabric heartbeat is synchronized with ram
They are all connected through the PCIe4
Maybe some of the cleverer people here can connect some dots about possible interplay?
After all, the AMD road map says the infinity fabric will go exoscale.

Associate
I am not playing their game, I have waited nearly 7 years to upgrade I can wait a bit longer. When all the desperados have got their overpriced CPU's and cards the prices will come down.

Yes man, i want Musk to enter the components space and disrupt it like SapceX
$250 GPUs that would outperform the 3080/6800 by 50%..
And CPUs that would need a new benchmarking software because you'd be needing logarithmic scales to compare
But lets be reasonable, we like being ripped off :)

Man of Honour
Just speculation...
There is infinity fabric in ryzen processors
There is infinity fabric in NAVI
Infinity fabric heartbeat is synchronized with ram
They are all connected through the PCIe4
Maybe some of the cleverer people here can connect some dots about possible interplay?
After all, the AMD road map says the infinity fabric will go exoscale.

I don't think you need to speculate too much on IF, there is quite a lot of information out there if you dig around enough. I think I even posted some stuff about the way it works, some of the technologies involved etc a few weeks ago in a cpu thread. The fabric is an engineering abnormality/masterstroke in that most of the new stuff amd are bringing to the table right now simply wouldn't be possible without it due to power requirements on other interconnects. In terms of fabric tech there isn't really much that is comparable to it or that is as good, it's as simple as that.

Soldato
These are some juicy scores... Nvidia's about to get BTFO'ed. They can't even make a damn card to sell! Pfffft

Every radeon fan right now:
tenor.gif

Permabanned
I don't think you need to speculate too much on IF, there is quite a lot of information out there if you dig around enough. I think I even posted some stuff about the way it works, some of the technologies involved etc a few weeks ago in a cpu thread. The fabric is an engineering abnormality/masterstroke in that most of the new stuff amd are bringing to the table right now simply wouldn't be possible without it due to power requirements on other interconnects. In terms of fabric tech there isn't really much that is comparable to it or that is as good, it's as simple as that.

The Intel CPUs with Ring bus are faster, the Ring bus has higher throughput than IF.
Zen 3 is just Zen 2 on a monolithic die aka Renoir.

Man of Honour
The Intel CPUs with Ring bus are faster, the Ring bus has higher throughput than IF.
Zen 3 is just Zen 2 on a monolithic die aka Renoir.

Please stop making me laugh, ringbus is in no way a comparable fabric to IF. Ringbus cannot scale anything like IF and consumes bucket loads of power (intel admitted themselves in leaked internal emails that AMD had better fabric, and that was before we saw a new generation of fabric so during the 2000 series). Sure it's fast and has lots of bandwidth but you would expect that out of something that has been a core to a design for the last 10+ years. It's done, it has hit it's limit. It is also only for core to core / cache communication. IF goes far beyond that. As I said there is no comparable fabric that is nearly as good.

Associate
The more info we are getting the more I am thinking that this card is perfect to pair with my magnificent bulldozer based CPU.

You have no faith my friend. Join the jerk?

I'm in a kinda good/bad position here. I'm number 2 for a 3090 Strix, I should probably hope for a dry spell with shipping giving me some breathing room to make a decision in 5 or 6 days when AMD show their hand. If I cancel and AMD don't bring anything comparable I'm looking at next year for a card rather than in the next 2 weeks.

Permabanned
I'm in a kinda good/bad position here. I'm number 2 for a 3090 Strix, I should probably hope for a dry spell with shipping giving me some breathing room to make a decision in 5 or 6 days when AMD show their hand. If I cancel and AMD don't bring anything comparable I'm looking at next year for a card rather than in the next 2 weeks.

At least, you can save £1700 which is a fortune.
In the worst case, you will get 15% less performance for half the cost.

Associate

Dude are you serious?
You could sell your queue number on the scalper site and that would provide good value to finance your next GPU purchase..
Either join both queues or just go ahead with what you have and make amends later

Soldato
ooohhhhhhhhh you're right in a funny ole' position there... what to do, what to do... you knwo what, 3090... you're about to hit it, buy it enjoy it. There is ALWAYS something better around the corner, if we all waited we'd never buy anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom