• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
To be fair, if ray tracing is important to you then you wouldn't have bothered spending the money on Turing just to turn RT off in the 3 games that implemented it :p

True - as I've said before only the 2080ti is worth anything for RT in that generation and blow spending 2080ti prices on a GPU unless you absolutely need to.

Soldato
There is no real evidence to suggest that AMD would price their cards much cheaper if they were competitive with Ampere, as they've not had a card at that position in the market for some time.
I'd go further and suggest the Radeon VII shows AMD will match prices if they can spin some wins against the equivalent Nvidia card. The Radeon VII kinda punched with the 2080 but not enough to warrant the same price, but slap on the PR claims of "first 7nm" and "16GB VRAM with 1TB/s bandwidth" then that (in AMD's mind) justified price parity.

Hell, if that recent leak puts the 6800XT over the 3080, I'd half expect it to come in at $699 - superior raster performance, RT equivalent to Turing which Nvidia boasted was acceptable and 6GB more RAM is clearly worth an extra 50 bucks in AMD's eyes.

Soldato
You're going to be extremely disappointed then going forward.
100% agree and it's a shame isn't it... wasn't being awkward with the pricing I agree with you... none of us wanna pay mental prices, it's disgusting tbh, but it is what it is, and we all have our top value, I think mine right now is £1k... and as I'm writing that I'm thinking wtf... that's disgraceful... then I'll see benchmarks, I'll get excited and I'll click buy then wait 3 months for stock rofl

Associate
True - as I've said before only the 2080ti is worth anything for RT in that generation and blow spending 2080ti prices on a GPU unless you absolutely need to.

Like with any new tech, it's usually the 2nd or 3rd generation of it that it becomes worthwhile to have and use. Turing was the introduction of it, Ampere/RDNA2/consoles are bringing it more to the masses, it's then Hopper/RDNA3 where it'll be a lot better.

Soldato
Like with any new tech, it's usually the 2nd or 3rd generation of it that it becomes worthwhile to have and use. Turing was the introduction of it, Ampere/RDNA2/consoles are bringing it more to the masses, it's then Hopper/RDNA3 where it'll be a lot better.
Agree... I don't think we're quite there yet... it's better a lot better but.... We might get the next nVidia series 4000 causes the switch to RT then i.e. we get the performance that we got with rasta but with RT on now... who knows... but I still think for gaming RT right now on current spec hardware is still a niche market... but we shall see how development of it comes along.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
100% agree and it's a shame isn't it... wasn't being awkward with the pricing I agree with you... none of us wanna pay mental prices, it's disgusting tbh, but it is what it is, and we all have our top value, I think mine right now is £1k... and as I'm writing that I'm thinking wtf... that's disgraceful... then I'll see benchmarks, I'll get excited and I'll click buy then wait 3 months for stock rofl

PS5 it is then! :p

Soldato

See Zen.

(Following not aimed at Soapysage)

Also, 5700xt was a midrange part with 40CU and no ray tracing aimed at being competitive against the 2070, which it was and is at an exceptionally good $ / FPS ratio. The 6800 and 6900 are not aiming at the same market segment so don't expect them to be priced so low. Fully expect the 6600/6700 to be absolute banging low to high mid range cards.

I'm probably going to skip this generation, 5700xt is absolutely fine for solid 60fps on AAA at near max settings 1440p gaming and high framerate on stuff that needs it. If the roadmap is correct, RDNA3 will be epic.

Associate
https://twitter.com/CapFrameX/status/1319674037686161411?s=20

Update Big Navi Firestrike Ultra benchmark
6800XT AIB: ~12800 RTX 3090 FE: ~12400 RTX 3080 FE: ~10600 -> 6900XT: 14000??
I just saw that.. he is just repeating Yuko's numbers and Yuko believes those numbers correspond to the 80 CU part..
its getting a bit circular now

I'd half expect it to come in at $699 - superior raster performance, RT equivalent to Turing which Nvidia boasted was acceptable and 6GB more RAM is clearly worth an extra 50 bucks in AMD's eyes.
The thing about prices this launch season...is that they will also signal availability. So the double whammy, high prices and low availability. Atleast you wont feel ripped off cuz you are paying manufacturer set prices :)

Associate
See Zen.

(Following not aimed at Soapysage)

Also, 5700xt was a midrange part with 40CU and no ray tracing aimed at being competitive against the 2070, which it was and is at an exceptionally good $ / FPS ratio. The 6800 and 6900 are not aiming at the same market segment so don't expect them to be priced so low. Fully expect the 6600/6700 to be absolute banging low to high mid range cards.

I'm probably going to skip this generation, 5700xt is absolutely fine for solid 60fps on AAA at near max settings 1440p gaming and high framerate on stuff that needs it. If the roadmap is correct, RDNA3 will be epic.

Plus apparently N22, the 40CU chip punches well above it's class. RDNA3 is going to be a bit like Zen 4, big changes from the previous versions.

Man of Honour
The real question to be asking in this thread is can we hit 200 pages of absolute waffle before launch. That is the question ive been asking myself now for probably the last week.

Associate
I just saw that.. he is just repeating Yuko's numbers and Yuko believes those numbers correspond to the 80 CU part..
its getting a bit circular now

The thing about prices this launch season...is that they will also signal availability. So the double whammy, high prices and low availability. Atleast you wont feel ripped off cuz you are paying manufacturer set prices :)

Apparently Yuko is just getting everything from Weibo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom