• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD R9 290 (Non-X, Pro, etc) Owners Club

It seems my nice tri-x has just given up on me. Just browsing the forum and the screen went into standby. Restarted the PC and the screen will not come out of standby. Plugged into the onboard GPU and all is fine.

Anyone any ideas before I throw it out the window....

:mad:

It seems my nice tri-x has just given up on me. Just browsing the forum and the screen went into standby. Restarted the PC and the screen will not come out of standby. Plugged into the onboard GPU and all is fine.

Anyone any ideas before I throw it out the window....

:mad:

:( not having much luck.
Tried reset it? Power cables also? Try different pci-e cables.

Speaking of not having much luck, i'm worried my superflower 1000w platinum might be on the way out. Three times this morning the pc has turned itself off, then turned itself back on after a few seconds. Only been web browsing at the time so not under heavy load. Sound like a psu issue?

Speaking of not having much luck, i'm worried my superflower 1000w platinum might be on the way out. Three times this morning the pc has turned itself off, then turned itself back on after a few seconds. Only been web browsing at the time so not under heavy load. Sound like a psu issue?

I would say psu, but as a test put everything back to stock.

I would say psu, but as a test put everything back to stock.

Does a bit LT,, not a new o/c or something with it being warmer?

Funnily enough i was running close to stock. Recently ive been using a 4Ghz cpu clock with my chip heavily undervolted at 1.15v because of Mantle. Will try again and see if it happens on my 5Ghz profile. If it does i guess it's rma time and pc downtime. :(

My 650w superflower did this a couple of times. I returned it and since using my bequiet it has not happens again ??

My 650w superflower did this a couple of times. I returned it and since using my bequiet it has not happens again ??

THere is a chance i suppose it could've been the undervolting settings i was using. If it happens on my 5Ghz profile then i know it's faulty as i have every bios and power setting up to the max for this. So far so good...

Damn unlucky moog :(

Was another thread on here the other day where someone was having problems with the sapphire tri x 290 too.

Think I might end up going down the 780 road as well....

THere is a chance i suppose it could've been the undervolting settings i was using. If it happens on my 5Ghz profile then i know it's faulty as i have every bios and power setting up to the max for this. So far so good...

I cant see why under volting would effect the PSU but who knows. The luck I have had in the last week anything is possible... :)

Just fired up the PC on the internal GPU with the 290 installed and it does not show in the bios or Windows.

7970 installed and it runs perfect or as well as a knackered old 7970 with half a cooler works.

GPU is confirmed dead.

Back
Top Bottom