• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Radeon R9 295X2 Owners Thread

Soldato

Does overclocking your CPU make any difference.

not much, my CPU is hardly doing anything whilst gaming, it's at about 30% load..........the 7990 is on the second PCI slot down, better cooling plus i can keep an eye on it.....same performance as top slot

this cpu is more powerful than my i5 2500 with only 1600MHz RAM, but that old rig handled the 7990 easily

Soldato
Right managed to get mine squeezed in to my case fractal arc midi, think I may have to look at a new case as it was tight getting the rad in. Also they seemed to have made a massive effort to find the tiniest screws to use for fixing the rad to your case.

Other than that its a cracking card, and not much louder than my 290 at idle, a bit more noticeable at load but not by much, mine during firestrike didn't go over 66c with a score of 14411 with a i3570k @ 4.4 so not a bad score to start off with.

What fan speed was your PCS at idle?

Soldato
Mine arrived today!

29ymbdc.jpg

Hoping for no issues from either card and hoping for half decent clockers (but that wouldn't be my sort of luck)

Associate
You still seem a bit short of par

Here is a 1080p quadfire run with my cards (290Xs) at stock and a 4930k @4.0ghz.

Af1eU7S.jpg

What are your PCI-E slots running at

Does overclocking your CPU make any difference.

Have you changed any other settings in amd control center?, I'm not sure what my pci-e slots are running at as I didn't have much time to play before work, so I will check the bios tomorrow afternoon. I did get a better score with msi ab turned off but still I only reached 3900 using your settings. my maximum fps only reached 230 so I must have a problem somewhere.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Have you changed any other settings in amd control center?, I'm not sure what my pci-e slots are running at as I didn't have much time to play before work, so I will check the bios tomorrow afternoon. I did get a better score with msi ab turned off but still I only reached 3900 using your settings.

The only changes in use.

Frame pacing is off (on or off makes a tiny difference, about 25 points).

Don't forget to disable ULPS, you can use MSI AB to do this. Once done you don't need to run AB in normal use.

OcUK Staff
For Tri-fire, my 290 CF will go in the 2nd rig (Yes, I've got a 295x2, a 290X and 2 x 290s. I don't know...).

I think the 295x2 is 1018Mhz stock or something like that. Not massive.

The 295 X2's tend to not clock much at all due to not enough current from board power design being only 2x 8-pin connectors.

Associate
Got mine today. Sapphire r9 295x2. Installed and powered up, but just got a black screen, no bios or anything. I'm using a Corsair HX1000W with an Asus Maximus Ranger vii MB. The fan on the card and the radiator both spin, and the lights on the card come on, but there is no sign of a signal over the dvi port. I don't have a display port monitor to check the other connections. I've reseated the card in all of my pcie slots, tried using different pcie cables between the psu and the card, upgrading the bios, no luck. I replaced with my r9 290x (yes I know, I'm in the midst of a spendathon), and it works fine.

Can anyone suggest anything else I should check before I arrange for RMA?

Any help much appreciated.

Soldato
OP
Got mine today. Sapphire r9 295x2. Installed and powered up, but just got a black screen, no bios or anything. I'm using a Corsair HX1000W with an Asus Maximus Ranger vii MB. The fan on the card and the radiator both spin, and the lights on the card come on, but there is no sign of a signal over the dvi port. I don't have a display port monitor to check the other connections. I've reseated the card in all of my pcie slots, tried using different pcie cables between the psu and the card, upgrading the bios, no luck. I replaced with my r9 290x (yes I know, I'm in the midst of a spendathon), and it works fine.

Can anyone suggest anything else I should check before I arrange for RMA?

Any help much appreciated.

Hi

If correct the HX1000W is dual rail PSU yes? Please make sure that each 8pin connector is coming from different rail, not the same. (wild guess on the last part)

Here is a discussion about HX1000W and 295X2 also.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=26854851

Last edited:
Soldato
Got mine today

20140909_171119.jpg

Got my new Flower PSU 1200W installed today but the GPU has to wait till I get my aquacomputer waterblock before I put the GPU in.

Back
Top Bottom