• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Radeon R9 295X2 Owners Thread

Caporegime
What was your max temp? Yeah i had slight stuttering which dropped my fps to 9.3

Well according to Unigine 4 it was about 1/10th as hot as the Sun :D

Didn't check the temperatures on those runs to be honest, but it was 65°C ish under load when playing BF4 at 1080p Ultra, 150% resolution scaling (effectively 1440p, downsampled)

OcUK Staff
What was your max temp? Yeah i had slight stuttering which dropped my fps to 9.3

This happens in Heaven it is simply because there is a pause whilst both GPU's activate between scenes, it is just the way Heaven works.

Normally if you run it several times it is almost like it becomes cached and clears up. :)

Soldato
I am waiting till next gen till I go 4k with hopefully a 32" IPS with Freesync (One can hope right?) but if someone wants to get a TN 4k for £400 and get one of these it would be a brilliant setup, the 8GB VRAM is a godsend. (Might be sooner if my DGM decides to blow another power brick)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
It doesn't matter, given my luck with the silicone lottery 295x2s could typically OC by 25% and I'd still get one that couldn't do more than 1025MHz...

1030MHz is actually typically the limit on them, any higher and you might get improvements in benchmark scores but actual gameplay is hampered simply as the cards power design is close to limits.

The best FPS boost for games on these is to simply clock the memory upto around say 5600MHz, gives a nice improvement especially in high-resolution.

I would set at 1030MHz and 5600MHz personally for gaming. :)

Associate
I picked up my 295 back on the AMD day at overclockers :) Looking into grabbing a 290x for trifire now. I was looking at either the vapor-x or the tri-x but are there any others I should look at? was just gonna stay with a sapphire one as my 295 is also sapphire.

Soldato
OP
Are the 295x2's EOL or do you expect to be getting more cards from the distributors?

The offer was for 100 units at that price.

And if I remember correctly AMD only produced 2500 of them, as limited edition card.

------------------

This is the first time I follow the DPD delivery guy -_- He is only 100 metres away, but according to the delivery schedule, I have to wait another 5 hours :(

bou houuuuuuuuuuu

-------------------------------------

OcUK Staff
12 LEFT!!! :eek:

Sapphire definitely cannot repeat the price, they have less than 100 left world wide now so no longer interested in doing further promotion!

DO NOT MISS OUT!!!!

Associate
Ah that's great :)

Your support is excellent. This is my first GPU hardware issue, and you guys have made the support process a really pain free process :D

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Ah that's great :)

Your support is excellent. This is my first GPU hardware issue, and you guys have made the support process a really pain free process :D

What is wrong with it as our failure rate on 295 X2 is like below 0.5% so it is very rare we get returns on these.

Associate
What is wrong with it as our failure rate on 295 X2 is like below 0.5% so it is very rare we get returns on these.

Yeah the guy on the phone said the same, and I was kind of surprised, tbh.

There is zero video output from the card basically. Nothing at all. The card powers up fine, all lights and fans running. The system boots up fine, no errors on the motherboard, windows boots up and I can work fine using video from the motherboard's on board DVI port. I've tried multiple DVI cables and HDMI cables, multiple displays, reseating the card in different PCI-E slots, changing the cables from the PSU to the GPU, checking separate rails are being used for each power connector. I even upgraded the system bios. I was running 2 x r9 290x cards fine off exactly the same rig.

PSU is Corsair HX1000W
Mobo is Asus Maximus Ranger vii

bizarre :s

OcUK Staff
Did you read the link I posted last night with someone else who had issues with HX1000W and 295X2?

I wouldn't be surprised if it is PSU issue and not graphic card.

It will be PSU, its not a single rail design, it is nowhere near adequate for a 295 X2, they only work with single rail PSU's with about 72A minimum available on the rail I think.

Associate
Did you read the link I posted last night with someone else who had issues with HX1000W and 295X2?

I wouldn't be surprised if it is PSU issue and not graphic card.

Hiya. Yeah I did see that thread, but the guy is just querying whether the psu supports the card prior to purchasing. He isn't reporting any issues. I've checked the specs for the PSU and it delivers 40A per rail, so the figures look right.

Back
Top Bottom