• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Radeon R9 295X2 Owners Thread

Soldato
Quick question, My 1200W Flower PSU has zero true 8 pin connectors. But it does have two 6 pin + 2. Will these do considering how powerful the PSU is?

Associate
Does this look right? Min FPS seems really low. (Specs in Sig)

k2g57k.jpg

Caporegime
For comparison
VincentHanna_heaven_295x2.jpg

Note that the first time I ran mine it had a stutter and min FPS went to 9.1, so I closed steam and Origin (incase they were updating on same hard drive), ran again and got that.

Associate
I've been looking at the specs for my corsair hx1000w psu, and it looks like I should get 40a per rail, so I would expect the card to work on this. Strange that the card powers up and there are no mb error codes. The system appears to be functioning fine even though the card isn't generating any video output. :confused:

Caporegime
I've been looking at the specs for my corsair hx1000w psu, and it looks like I should get 40a per rail, so I would expect the card to work on this. Strange that the card powers up and there are no mb error codes. The system appears to be functioning fine even though the card isn't generating any video output. :confused:

Just a thought, could you try another DVI cable?

Does the one you are using have the full amount of pins (dual-link cable)? It should work if it worked in your 290x, but you never know.

Or could you use the DVI - HDMI connector in the box to connect it to a HDMI device?

Associate
Yeah, I've tried several dvi cables, with the full amount of pins, on 2 different monitors. Every component I've tested with is known to work. I think I'll next try the HDMI - display port adapter to eliminate the DVI port altogether. Not a good start to my R9 295x2 experience :(

Associate
For comparison
VincentHanna_heaven_295x2.jpg

Note that the first time I ran mine it had a stutter and min FPS went to 9.1, so I closed steam and Origin (incase they were updating on same hard drive), ran again and got that.
What was your max temp? Yeah i had slight stuttering which dropped my fps to 9.3

Back
Top Bottom