• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Radeon R9 Nano coming next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

bru

bru

Soldato
Faster card costs more! :eek:

It will also get a LOT faster over time whereas the mITX 970 will get slower.

We all understand the point your trying to make, about Fiji's performance being utilised more in the future.
But to say it will be a LOT faster over time and the 970 will get slower is just plain wrong.

I would submit that the 970 is a mid range card now and as such it's performance will remain as such, much as previous midrange cards have, where as the Fiji cards with their 4GB of ram and probably aggressive memory management in the AMD drivers will be left way behind as soon as AMD have their next range out next year with 8GB+ of HBM. that is of course if the company lasts that long. ;)

Associate
I thought AMD said no non reference FuryX's, I haven't seen any at all, please link to any you have seen, as I would love to see what others could do with it.

Unless they have yield issues with Fiji (which there has been no word of, unlike lack of interposers / HBM), then I'd be amazed if full die non-reference Fiji cards don't arrive at some point ... unless Arctic Islands is coming Q1 or early Q2 instead of late Q2 / E3.

Soldato
I do wonder how this would perform with a waterblock. I am assuming the fact it can pull only so much power will still be a limitation, even if temps are fine.

Soldato
and wouldn't having a water block defeat the idea of this card as you would just use a fury X ?

You would have thought so, but this card is the exact length I was after in a mini ITX build. No space for the radiator as such in the case I have :) But not too sure if a waterblock will be made, because as you say, most will opt for the fury x most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom