• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD RDNA3 unveiling event

snip

Almost as fast as a 4090 in raw power, half the power usage, under 1000 bucks.... Seems a winner to me.

That's greatly exaggerated though.

Doing the math the performance will be about 25% less than a 4090 with RT being about half the performance (roughly equal to 30 series in RT)
It's 25-30% less power hungry (not half the power usage lol)... So that puts efficiency about the same

So around the 50-70% performance in increase in raster and rt for a slight bump in power. Price for the top card is unchanged but the 6800xt technically got renamed and a price bump ( I ain’t letting that slide). What was that about £50 cheaper than Nvidia :p

So what’s the issue here? Seems good to me.

Also doesn’t this make the 4080 16gb DOA. Nvidia slides only showed it being slightly faster than a 3090ti.

This also messes with the entire 3000 series stack and Nvidia plan to sell those cards. Do you know what fair play to AMD for ******** on Nvidias parade.

I liked what AMD came up with, I don't care about Ray Tracing at all, I don't care about DLSS 3.0 fake frames and FSR either and I don't care about having the fastest card so i';m never going to buy a 4090 etc. So what AMD have produced is what I wanted really, cheap good rasterisation cards, which should mean I can buy one of the two lower cards 7800X or 7700X much cheaper than NV are going to offer...

And maybe that means NV push their own 60/70 cards prices down to compete.

:D

Last edited:
I liked what AMD came up with, I don't care about Ray Tracing at all, I don't care about DLSS 3.0 fake frames and FSR either and I don't care about having the fastest card so i';m never going to buy a 4090 etc. So what AMD have produced is what I wanted really, cheap good rasterisation cards, which should mean I can buy one of the two lower cards 7800X or 7700X much cheaper than NV are going to offer...

And maybe that means NV push their own 60/70 cards prices down to compete.

:D

THIS! I want to see the performance in games I play.....I don't care about RT "games" - i.e. rubbish games that are really tech demos to make cards sell.

Games that are good and I want to play? None of them have RT, so I want best bang for buck for a normal graphics card.

Disappointed they haven't improved RT performance TBH. Otherwise the line-up looks damn appetising, even before the idea of running an XTX again :D
Well the RT slides the guy showed had some compelling RT games fps numbers, Cyberpunk with full RT at 4K for example was shown at 62fps vs the 42fps the RDNA2 card had. 4090 only gets over 100fps due to Frame Gen, what does a 4090 get with just DLSS2 at the same settings can anyone confirm? Either way it matters not to me, 3440x1440 QD-OLED 144Hz for a long time yet.

WcXdCKc.jpg

I'm actually quite interested in the XTX now, especially after seeing the mention of the tech partnership for Callisto Protocol. Obviously it would be silly to upgrade just for one game alone, so I want to see where else it excels once reviews come out. The power consumption, the no need to upgrade PSU from my Phanteks 750w AMP, retaining the dual 8 pin power connectors, the slimmmer slot profile in the case, the price (hopefully in the UK....).

But if my 3080 Ti runs games like Callisto at max settings with RT enabled at 100fps, then I have no need to want to upgrade for the best experience.

Last edited:
4090 only gets over 100fps due to Frame Gen,
erm dlss3.0 isn't even out for cyberpunk so there is no frame gen... amd "full motion frames" sounds like nvidia generated frames anyway and I'm guessing these numbers are with that turned on

also the slide says "Ultra rt" but pyscho is the current highest, over drive is coming when they patch in dlss3

look how much better RT overdrive setting will be in this reflection
ldOa222.jpg

Last edited:
erm dlss3.0 isn't even out for cyberpunk so there is no frame gen... amd "full motion frames" sounds like nvidia generated frames anyway and I'm guessing these numbers are with that turned on
Yes but going by what nvidia have shown with cyberpunk at their event - Yeah it's not out yet for the public in the game, but when it is, there is no reason to not get over 100fps like we have been shown with DLSS3 enabled in it, just like DLSS3 does in current games (with or without Reflex support).

The FSR3 bits mentioned were separate to all the slides showing FSR enabled, which was version 2. At this stage of maturity in these techs from both nv and amd, I fully expect FSR3 and DLSS3 to produce similar framerates in whatever games they are implemented in. The bonus points will come down to which one introduces the least input latency. For DLSS3 you have to use Reflex to reduce the latency to something you won't notice, otherwise in games that don't have Reflex support, you will experience input latency. I don't know what the AMD version of Reflex is, if it even has one (or needs one?).

Last edited:
Well the RT slides the guy showed had some compelling RT games fps numbers, Cyberpunk with full RT at 4K for example was shown at 62fps vs the 42fps the RDNA2 card had. 4090 only gets over 100fps due to Frame Gen, what does a 4090 get with just DLSS2 at the same settings can anyone confirm? Either way it matters not to me, 3440x1440 QD-OLED 144Hz for a long time yet.

WcXdCKc.jpg

I'm actually quite interested in the XTX now, especially after seeing the mention of the tech partnership for Callisto Protocol. Obviously it would be silly to upgrade just for one game alone, so I want to see where else it excels once reviews come out. The power consumption, the no need to upgrade PSU from my Phanteks 750w AMP, retaining the dual 8 pin power connectors, the slimmmer slot profile in the case, the price (hopefully in the UK....).

But if my 3080 Ti runs games like Callisto at max settings with RT enabled at 100fps, then I have no need to want to upgrade for the best experience.

As suspected, a 4090 is not a worthwhile upgrade at 3440x1440 from a decent 30 series or above given the cost of a 4090. But if a new GPU costs £1000 say, can still sell the 3080 Ti for a decent money and add the rest, just like I did with the 2070 Super at £460. Tat makes things quite compelling.
70-80fps depending on CPU at 4k default RT ultra preset.
Not too much in it then by sounds of things. At least at 4K anyway.

Will be worth it to the temps
DLSS is just better
Nvidia drivers
Resale Value
Higher FPS is just better.
People like to play games with Ray Tracing turned on
DLSS - Better in what way? IQ is subjective. Performance maybe.

Drivers - not even going to bother with this as it’s almost an urban legend at this point

Resale value - Sure if you’re paying out way more for something, you’d expect to be able to sell it for more. But it’ll more than likely depreciate more.

Higher FPS - Need to wait on the benchmarks for raster as they weren’t really shown but I’d expect these cards to be faster than the equivalent nVidia card at this price point.

More people play games with no Ray tracing

Lol if RT is featured in a game, I won't settle for anything less than max RT. Given how many people here have a 30 series or above, I imagine the same applies too. Now at least on AMD you can enable RT and get decent frames, doesn't matter if it's not 100fps currently, just use VRR and have a great experience anyway.

Back
Top Bottom