• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***** AMD RX 7900 SERIES AVAILABLE & IN STOCK TODAY FROM 2PM ****(BACK ORDER UPDATES WITHIN THIS THREAD)*

Just asked warehouse to look into, for some reason the computer systems are treating your orders as if you still have an MBA card and as such is flagging them out of stock. I've told warehouse to manually over ride and ship your Nitro's out whilst we still have stock.
Can you also make sure the systems are updates to show the correct order history etc. I have a feeling this could all get mixed up and in general just be a pain if any support required etc.

I had a feeling something was wrong...

Should they be despatched today @Gibbo ?

@Gibbo

When you got a chance, any update on Order Number: 6488620 (Internet Reference: N/A) you can provide?

Cheers :)
If you are waiting for a dispatch on a 7900 XT(X) I'd phone up. I waited two days and nothing happened, I phoned and it was dispatched ten minutes later.

@Gibbo I noticed when I placed the order that there was no option for Saturday delivery etc, and the only option was free delivery. Not sure if this is what's causing the issue with the slow dispatch times etc.

Last edited:
@Gibbo sorry to also be a pain, do you know what the situation is with the Sapphire MBA cards? I ordered mine back on the 13th December (ST5189660), and I know they're on back order, so happy to wait, but was just wondering ;-).

@Gibbo sorry to also be a pain, do you know what the situation is with the Sapphire MBA cards? I ordered mine back on the 13th December (ST5189660), and I know they're on back order, so happy to wait, but was just wondering ;-).

Yes we have around 300 coming in next week which will cover all back orders. :)

@Gibbo same here. No feedback for my upgrade order since you announced the Nitro+ XTX stock arrival and the website was already shown they are in stock.
I already sent a web ticket 2 days ago but no response as of now. My order number is 6482657 (Internet Reference: ST5189522).
Could you have a look on it? Will it be faster if I cancel and reorder the same item to let the team ship it?
Many thanks.
I called anyway. Looks like it's pending despatch. Which means it should be despatched today or tomorrow apparently. Their system is showing the nitro+ but the person on phone wasn't sure why it was showing the wrong data on web history. ( I did explain I upgraded the order ) hopefully you will get yours soon to @alanc0

Recieved my Powercolor Red Devil 7900XTX today and here`s the low down..

The card itself has coil whine but on a scale I would give it 5/10 for loudness. "Edit: lol I found out the choil whine was actually coming from my 12 year old psu" so the card in dead silent.
The card itself is slightly bigger than my Sapphire 5700xt but easly fit into my Lian Li Lancool 2 mesh with the glass panel closed.
It is heavier and there is slight sag but the included gpu bracket sorts that.
The first test I did was RDR2 on everything at Ultra "without FSR On" and got 158fps coming from 42fps with the Sapphire 5700XT..

This is one great looking card and Im glad I purchased it. Thnx OCUK for everything.........
WhatsApp_Image_2023-01-05_at_14.28.48.jpg

Last edited:
I called anyway. Looks like it's pending despatch. Which means it should be despatched today or tomorrow apparently. Their system is showing the nitro+ but the person on phone wasn't sure why it was showing the wrong data on web history. ( I did explain I upgraded the order ) hopefully you will get yours soon to @alanc0
Just received the shipping confirmation email. Nice work @Gibbo. Hope you will get that soon as well @mrstonecold.

Just ordered (ST5207941) the Nitro+ XTX yesterday evening to replace my ageing Vega 64 nitro.

Any idea on when roughly when these orders will ship?

Scott Herkelman Addresses RX 7900 XTX Cooler & Performance​

I'll be honest I expected AMD to kick this problem down the road or just flat out ignore it altogether like they have done in with previous products that have had issues but to be fair that is the correct response from AMD and this should now put this story to bed.

Last edited:
I love the way AMD "Scott" had the plums to come out and admit the problems. You learn from the mistakes and move on. I dont think they will make this mistake again and yes, Over £900 is a lot of money to spend on a mistake and due to the power of the internet it will be sorted now and as far as performance goes, coming from a 5700XT to a 7900xtx, I seen a big jump in performance. No doubt in another 4-5 years I will see another big jump and maybe even the 2 companies will even lower their prices on next gen.

I'll be honest I expected AMD to kick this problem down the road or just flat out ignore it altogether like they have done in with previous products that have had issues but to be fair that is the correct response from AMD and this should now put this story to bed.
They need to keep the market happy to hold a stable share price. Gone are the days of sub $2 shares!

As tempted as I was and almost banged a pre-order in for the XT Nitro+, fortunately patience paid off and had a good bit of news yesterday... so, decided to bite the bullet and go a different route. Pretty much me done now but might need a monitor upgrade next?

As tempted as I was and almost banged a pre-order in for the XT Nitro+, fortunately patience paid off and had a good bit of news yesterday... so, decided to bite the bullet and go a different route. Pretty much me done now but might need a monitor upgrade next?
Some of the new 27 inch 1440p 240hz OLED panels that have been popping up would be a nice monitor upgrade!

Back
Top Bottom