• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***** AMD RX 7900 SERIES AVAILABLE & IN STOCK TODAY FROM 2PM ****(BACK ORDER UPDATES WITHIN THIS THREAD)*

Evening @Gibbo

Just wondering on left stock in hand at warehouse for Sapphire RX 7900 XTX Nitro? I may wanna order and just wanted before it goes.

Also I had a Sapphire RX 7900 XTX Pulse on pre-order, Order Number: 6488620 (Internet Reference: N/A). If that's coming this week or two I may just hold off Nitro, any chance of ETA info?

Per chance any ETA info on EK RX 7900 series water blocks?

Cheers
Gup

Last edited:
What a pain in the arse, RMA'd my card last week hoping for a replacement, got a refund instead, despite desired action being replace, and seeing other here who RMA'd on the same day getting replacements. Just called up both sales & returns and nothing they can do about it. Not willing to spend more than I already have for an MBA card (price has gone up since I originally ordered).

Oh well.

Evening @Gibbo

Just wondering on left stock in hand at warehouse for Sapphire RX 7900 XTX Nitro? I may wanna order and just wanted before it goes.

Also I had a Sapphire RX 7900 XTX Pulse on pre-order, Order Number: 6488620 (Internet Reference: N/A). If that's coming this week or two I may just hold off Nitro, any chance of ETA info?

Per chance any ETA info on EK RX 7900 series water blocks?

Cheers
Gup

Yes Pulse XTX are due in next week. :)

What a pain in the arse, RMA'd my card last week hoping for a replacement, got a refund instead, despite desired action being replace, and seeing other here who RMA'd on the same day getting replacements. Just called up both sales & returns and nothing they can do about it. Not willing to spend more than I already have for an MBA card (price has gone up since I originally ordered).

Oh well.

When more MBA cards land in stock, please drop a message here and I shall reduce them to £1049 to let you get an order in for one.

If they did, there would probably be a lot more RMAs on the basis of "these goods are used, not new".

If you received an open box unit, your first thought is likely to be "used" rather than "tested".

Any update on the ETA? Thanks!

Yep sorry, they have been delayed further, it seems AMD is testing them prior to shipping as the 300 units expected to ship is now reduced down to 265 units. So they are checking the coolers.

In short good and bad cards reach 110c junction temperature but a faulty card will reach if pretty damn quick, even with regular gaming and then throttle heavily below even advertised clocks.
A working card will still reach 110c but it takes longer and normally only using stress testing or benchmarking, gaming less likely and even then when they do hit this temperature the card only throttles a little and is still within AMD guidelines.

If 110c is normal then AMD should simply stop making their own coolers. Perhaps cards completely, not defending that crap.

Junction temperature is the highest temperature of a semiconductor (GPU hot spot, not entire package) on a card.

Don't confuse junction temperature with GPU temperature, two very different things and pretty much all cards will reach 100c plus on junction/VRM/hotspot, but typically a card won't sit and remain at 110c limit it will be brief or not at all in normal use, but of course if the cooler is faulty (lack of water in vapor chamber) then the card is not able to remove heat effectively or quickly enough from the GPU because vapor chamber is not working, at which point the card see's temps at 110c quickly and not reducing so throttles hard. A card with a working vapor chamber should only be reaching 110c is stressed heavily and it should still take some time. In regular gaming scenario it should not hit 110c or if it does will be short and/or a minor throttle to within spec will solve it.

Last edited:
If 110c is normal then AMD should simply stop making their own coolers. Perhaps cards completely, not defending that crap.
I can only see this been a bigger issue going forward with higher transistor density too. The 13900K/KS is a good example. Hit it with a voltage to not crash to get the 5.8Ghz/ 6GHz boost to it hits 100C and throttles. The Ryzen 7000X are crap too, need dialling in or 95C. All getting a little messy now.

Back
Top Bottom