• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D Cache Eight Core 4.5GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail - Go Go Go xD

Back in the day I set PBO I think to -20 and left it on my shiny new 5800x3D. I've since done a full refomat, guessing I need to do the steps again?

yes if you did it in windows and not the bios , some boards support doing it in the bios saves redoing it and not having anything extra running in windows

Last edited:
yes if you did it in windows and not the bios , some boards support doing it in the bios saves redoing it and not having anything extra running in windows

If you set the offset in UEFI, it will persist through ssd/hdd formats.
Thank you all! I did it via windows but have an Asus x570-f gaming, wonder if I can do it via bios...

I can see the option for Ai Tweaker/Precision Boot Overdrive/Curve Optimiser and it's set to Auto. Setting it to All Cores gives me the options:

All Core Curve Optimizer Sign (Positive or Negative)
All Core Curve Optimizer Magnitude (Number)

Guessing I set it to negative and 20?

I can see the option for Ai Tweaker/Precision Boot Overdrive/Curve Optimiser and it's set to Auto. Setting it to All Cores gives me the options:

All Core Curve Optimizer Sign (Positive or Negative)
All Core Curve Optimizer Magnitude (Number)

Guessing I set it to negative and 20?

Yup that's it , I have mine set to -30 and not had a issue for probably 6 months

Noting the power usage of a 7800x3d or a 7950x3d, especially compared to either an AL or RL, would I be right in thinking that even with the most intensive CPU gaming an air cooler would be more than adequate?

If so would the same apply for heavier application CPU usage...?

Thanks

EDIT: Sorry I realise that I did not post this in the appropriate thread, oops :)

Last edited:
Noting the power usage of a 7800x3d or a 7950x3d, especially compared to either an AL or RL, would I be right in thinking that even with the most intensive CPU gaming an air cooler would be more than adequate?

If so would the same apply for heavier application CPU usage...?

Thanks

Yeap. I've had my 7950X3D under a NH-D15S, even with fans limited to 60% RPM it's perfectly capable of cooling this these CPU's.

Single tower air coolers are also fine.

Last edited:
Right guys and gals, I currently have a 5800x3D sat in my basket... Is it worth the move from my 5600x AND will my noctua redux nh-u12s do a decent enough job of cooling it - running only one fan.

I was originally planning on jumping to AM5, pre AM5 launch, but now im considering a cheeky update and jumping from 3600 non x to 5800x3d and throwing in another 16gb RAM to take me to 32GB. Im expecting to see a fair jump in performance for little outlay if i do this (lets be honest....its when)

So i jumped on the bandwagon and grabbed a 5800X3D in June (alongside a Samsung 990 PRO 2TB for £105 and another 16GB of matching RAM for £60) but didnt install it until i had a new cooler and case. My 3600nonx and 2080ti were hitting crazy temps in my old Corsair 800D which has no airflow lol. I was getting 65-70C on CPU and 80C on GPU unless i popped the side panel which brought me down to 60C CPU and 70C GPU. On the desktop with the sidepanel on they idled at 35-38C CPU and 40C GPU

Built Everything in a Lancool III and have the 5800X3D under the Lian Li Galahad 2 Trinity Peromance 360 AIO, messed about with the fan curves for the case and AIO as well as just enabling the Kombostrike 3 feature on my motherboard and Idling on desktop im now down to 29C for both CPU and GPU and under load (gaming) im at 50-55C CPU at 4.45ghz and 60C on my GPU.

Sidenote, for some reason my 2080TI FE boosts like a bitch when gaming upto 1920mhz when it should be 1350mhz base and 1635 boost and ive not touched anything on its settings

Back
Top Bottom