• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D Cache Eight Core 4.5GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail - Go Go Go xD

My version of benching doesn't involved fancy programs except maybe a dabble in 3dMark.

I tend to get straight to gaming and I have spent a few hours today on BF2042 and BF1 along with some NFS unbound and I didn't see any issues.

I believe BF are notoriously heavy on the CPU.
Games that are heavy on the cpu, gou and ram do it. Planetcoastee was a good one with a large crowded map and Warzone 2.

My pc is mainly used for Warzone / Warzone 2 so having flat power offs 15 mins into a game was highly annoying.

At that point I only had the CPU set using pbo aswell. It was probably due to limiting what power it needed at critical moments causing a full system shutdown.

Id rather it use what it needs and be a bit hotter than fall flat on its arse when the additional power is required. No crashes for over a year now im all at stock and dont miss the extra 2fps or few C :D

Games that are heavy on the cpu, gou and ram do it. Planetcoastee was a good one with a large crowded map and Warzone 2.

My pc is mainly used for Warzone / Warzone 2 so having flat power offs 15 mins into a game was highly annoying.

At that point I only had the CPU set using pbo aswell. It was probably due to limiting what power it needed at critical moments causing a full system shutdown.

Id rather it use what it needs and be a bit hotter than fall flat on its arse when the additional power is required. No crashes for over a year now im all at stock and dont miss the extra 2fps or few C :D

I couldn't run it stock on my current cooler I don't think it was easily going over 90 degrees and I don't feel comfortable at that.

Let me know how you get on gaming.
Mine was 'fully stable' for benching with PBO/Kombo strike and differing conminations of SOC, TDC, EDC and PPT but then randomly heavy gameing would flat power off or reboot my machine.
Much easier and more stable leaving it how it came.

Did you try with just kombo strike? I Was happy enough with the results

I Never bothered with SOC, TDC, EDC and PPT

Last edited:
I have a B450 mobo and 2700. Will I see a similar performance boost or is the lack of pcie4 a limitation?
Obviously your current GPU will factor in but generally the older or slower your currnet CPU is then thebigger boost you will see. Your only likely to see a noticeable difference between PCIE3 and 4 with GPUS like 4090, 4080, 7900XTX and 7900XT
Games Nexus made a video camparing PCIE3, 4 and 5 with a 4090.

Let me know how you get on gaming.
Mine was 'fully stable' for benching with PBO/Kombo strike and differing conminations of SOC, TDC, EDC and PPT but then randomly heavy gameing would flat power off or reboot my machine.
Much easier and more stable leaving it how it came.

I've been using -30 all core for a couple of months and haven't had any issues with gaming, mainly playing MW2 multiplayer. Also ran the Core Cycler program for several days and it didn't cause any errors.

I was supposed to be taking delivery of one of these today as my 5600X seems to be holding my 7900XT back in some games.

Wife's away for the weekend so at work I've been checking the tracking info all day fully expecting the driver to arrive when I'm at home. Originally said between 2 and 5pm. Then changed to 3 and 6. Got home from work at 4.30 and nothing has been delivered so check tracking again now says upto 6pm. So I make a coffee sit on sofa with hallway door open so I can clearly hear and even see the front door.

Suddenly get notification at 5.20pm saying delivery attempted at 4.47pm! The **** of a driver didn't even attempt the delivery!!

Rant over!

I was supposed to be taking delivery of one of these today as my 5600X seems to be holding my 7900XT back in some games.

Wife's away for the weekend so at work I've been checking the tracking info all day fully expecting the driver to arrive when I'm at home. Originally said between 2 and 5pm. Then changed to 3 and 6. Got home from work at 4.30 and nothing has been delivered so check tracking again now says upto 6pm. So I make a coffee sit on sofa with hallway door open so I can clearly hear and even see the front door.

Suddenly get notification at 5.20pm saying delivery attempted at 4.47pm! The **** of a driver didn't even attempt the delivery!!

Rant over!
Bought from here? And who is the delivery company?

Last edited:
No not from OcUK. Delivery company was An Post. Never heard of them tbh. Delivery is going to be reattempted tomorrow so let's see what happens this time....
An post is the national postal service in Ireland. No idea why they would be making a delivery in the UK. If being sent by an Irish based company An Post would hand over to local UK based postal or delivery service once it arrives in UK or any other country .

An post is the national postal service in Ireland. No idea why they would be making a delivery in the UK. If being sent by an Irish based company An Post would hand over to local UK based postal or delivery service once it arrives in UK or any other country .
Oh right, cpu was from the rain forest and that's what my delivery info suggest but could be wrong.

Anyway cpu is here now and running nicely. Didn't think you could use PBO and curve optimiser with these cpus but all the options are there in BIOS. Just using Kombo Strike for now but will tweak with CO if needed

Back
Top Bottom